1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The OFFICIAL "I hate the Jazz" thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Feb 4, 2002.

1. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

i wouldve unleashed my southside houston fury on them. ESPECIALLY if they touched my Drexler jersey.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

:mad: Alright... I've held off long enough.

I hate the fact that the style of play by the Jazz, after all the years... still makes me hate them. I mean, I don't want to hate. It's just basketball and it really shouldn't be the most emotional thing going in my life, but DID YOU WATCH THAT GAME LAST NIGHT?! If that doesn't make you hate a team, I don't know what will. flopping, whining, shoving, fouling... a team should be able to do one or the other, but both? Punishing AND soft?! come on.

I respect Sloan's toughness, and his stoic resolve to stick by his plans... but teaching these teams, over and over, to play like bullying pansies just makes me sick to my stomach. And therefore, I must reserve a special place of sportmanship-like hatred for him and the teams that allow him to corrupt any sense of manliness and character they may or may not have had before his tutelage.

I don't know... I know it's hard to be unbiased, but watching the way they play this "tough/pansy" game really is just sickening. And it's not just one or two of them.... it's like ALL BUT one or two of them, and Sloan's probably mad at the one or two that can't get a grip on the "tough/pansy" concept.

Watching them play, anywhere, is difficult, but watching them play in Utah is an excercise in self control for me... and right now, I must be out of shape because the excercise is getting the better of me right now.

Maybe my glasses are rockets colored, but I don't think it's tough to come to this conclusion when you see Okur jump into juwan, get up and shove him, and then watch US get the technical. Sick. I'm not going to kid anyone, it's a constant barrage of crap like that which makes it hard for me to really LOVE this game. I do.... but sometimes it is INCREDIBLY hard.

Come on Rockets... show me that this is just a bump in the road. Show me that when TMAC said he was going to drive the paint that he meant in THIS series... show me that Yao can have the game we know he is capable of... but most importantly, SHOW ME THIS SERIES CAN BE AT LEAST SOMEWHAT OF A FAIR CONTEST.

ihatethejazz. it's official... though it's been official since Hornacek used to wipe sweat on the ball before each freethrow... I just don't like letting it get to me. $#@!$#!@$#!@$!#@ :mad:

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

CD, your post was right on the dot.

It's unbelievable how one sided the officiating gets in Utah.

Like Barkley said, 'you can get some gutless officials on the road that fear
    a hostile crowd and you are up **** creek'

4. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I cannot stand that Bert (Sesame Street) - Okur.

This guy is unbelievable!!! That foul w/ Juwan pretty much solidified my dislike for this guy.

5. Summer Song Giver

Meh this is not Stockton and Malone and honestly outside of Sloan who has been tolerable in this series there is not alot to hate on the Jazz team. I hate them because they are the Jazz but they play hard and do have some nice players I wouldn't mind seeing a rocket's uniform, namely Williams. That foul on Mehmet was a hard foul up arond the head but his reaction was not over the top whiney or anything lik that, he just let Juwon know it wasn't appreciatted. Bevetta calling a T on J-HO was complete bullsh!t tho.

Overall this Jazz team were they not the Jazz has a lot to like, they play hard and like I said have a nice little nucleus, definately giving the Rox all they can handle to this point.

Did I just say all of that?

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Harpring, Giricek, Okur? I hate the way all three play.

7. Summer Song Giver

I'm with ya there.... can't stand Harpring Giricek and to some extent Okur. I really like DW, AK, and CB though.

8. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

9. agballer98

agballer98 Member

I hate the Jazz in so many ways:

I hate John Stockton's short shorts
    I hate most of the haircuts they've had over the years
    I hate their ugly uniforms they've always had
    I hate the stupid signs that their fans have at the games
    I hate the flopping all of their players do (Derek Fisher's last night was very World Cup socceresque)
    I hate the illegal screen that Malone set on Drexler
    I hate Utah
    I hate the Jazz

10. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Please do not quote this guy, he's a perennial Rocket hater.

11. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

The first thing that organization needs to do is change it's name to the Latter-day Saints. Whoever heard of Jazz in Utah?

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I dispise the Jazz for cheating us out of the finals in 1997. CHEATING.

13. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

In light of last night's game and our probably playoff matching, I think it's a good idea to bring this classic thread to the top.

These guys just always find a way to tick me off.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Whatabump!

But

Whatacause!

15. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I hate how they f-ing flop on every play. I hate how their crowd boos every call. I hate that mouth-breather Jerry Sloan. I hate that r****ded homeless-man-looking Mehmet Okur. I hate Carlos Boozer's acne infested self and how he screams something after every free throw. I hate Kyle Korver's large teeth.

16. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I could go on and on.

17. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

This team has our number big time.

I don't think we win if we face them...even with homecourt.

I
    HATE
    KARL
    MALONE!

Oh? He isn't there anymore?

I
    HATE
    CARLOS
    BOOOOOOOOOZER.

18. tmackeepsitreal

I predict that the Jazz will finally get busted by the Feds for interstate trafficking of whiny b*tch-made play. Apparently they have been building their case since the mid-1980's.

19. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I HATE THE JAZZ!

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

It's back!!!!

I hate the Jazz!

I hate the refs that allow them to foul all over the place, including charging and push offs, and then call bump/touch fouls on us.

I hate the screaming lady that was sitting on the sideline, she should be shot.

I hate that annoying person with the freaking bell... I am pretty sure that's illegal to bring to a game.

I hate all those freaking Jazz players who think they are all that and all they are is a bunch of bullies.

Okay, I feel better now.