1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official I AM SORRY Mike D'antoni Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 16, 2016.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What streak?

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. Rockets4Life13

I am not sorry because i didn't hate on him at any time. I was open minded after J.B

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

4. Nivos

Nivos Member

K just be accurate. I've been keeping track on their defense all season long. They do not suck at defense. Being top 15 is the goal to be a good team with the offensive power we have. We're right there now and actually can overachieve in this department.
    There is literally nothing to complain with the way this team is playing right now.

5. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I completely agree..

I still don't particularly enjoy watching this brand of basketball. Prefer watching bigs with a post game - anybody watch Jokic play recently? I love his passing!

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup, but I think he can get to the WCF with his style of play though. Doubt he can surprise more than 2 teams at this moment.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

not at all is there literally nothing to complian about. i am accurate about the defense, you're bringing up a technicality due to their 4 straight games vs lottery teams. before that it was all bottom 10 in those 4 cats i mentioned. it'll go back to bottom 10 3-4 games after this easy stretch.

other things to complain about is overplaying the starters, which ha sbeen a problem since mchale has been here, and underplaying the bench, same mchale problem. and yes kj is one of the main things about this. until they give him a fair chance, they'll alays be overplaying the 1-3 guys. ariza has no business avg the same minutes as a superstar. him and bev getting way to omany minutes last saeson was a big issue for the team's offense since they were the main shooting options fo rharden's passes, and they were also exhausted chasing around the toher team's best wing scorers.

ryan is another problem, he's been ok but he can be better and i expect that to happen soon now that its been about 25 games. thats more a team issue though, he neds to be more involved in the offense than just a spot up shooter.

there' s more. this team has long ways to go to reach contender status. its right there with the clippers and raptors..

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Were you meant to use another account or did you just compliment yourself for that comment you made?

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Burying the opposing team in an avalanche of 3's counts as a form of defense. Making teams tired from keeping up with our high paced bench offense is also a form of defense. Making key stops like what our team has shown to be capable of again and again IS defense. Our defense will get better as our team gels and pick up on each others tendencies.

10. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You are right. It is really boring watching driving to the basket and moving the ball move around to the open man. Watching 40 assists on 50 made baskets is demoralizing to watch. It is much more fun to watch a big pounding the ball in the paint said nobody ever but you!! Wait, my great grandfather enjoyed that style too. Guessing you liked it better back when the dunk was outlawed too.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

I owe an opology to Ryan Anderson & Eric Gordon.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That was a championship team. NBA league interfered.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The bad defense rep was from Nash/MDA era. That team was never bad defensively. They play a scrappy type of defense and do raise up and get stops when it count. Not elite, but not as bad as commonly perceived. MDA's current Rocket team is better defensively.

A bad defensive team is last season Rockets.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Real men admit when they are wrong. I needed to watch a few months into the season to form an objective opinion. I don't think DAntoni is a world beating coach, but he has the team playing great. The offseason moves look like they're paying off. I was wrong about this team. This is a good team. Not ready to say we are contenders and I'm worried the injury bug will bite eventually, but we are not on the mediocrity treadmill like I thought we'd be. There's real hope here.

Hats off to Daryl and coach. Still can't bring myself to give Les credit though.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm still upset we didn't hire JVG...

Jk. Wow. I knew we'd be fun to watch but had no idea whe could be this good. Harden >>>>> Nash. I said it.

16. Fantasma Negro

I don't have to apologize, I never doubted the hire. I ****ing hated McFail, that always seemed like a buddy hire by Morey. James carried our team for so long people forgot what coaching looks like, well folks this is coaching. This is how teams like Golden State and Memphis go from garbage to glitter in one season. Look at Milwaukee, look at Brooklyn and the Lakers, you can pile all the assets you want and think you can just roll the ball out and let magic happen but teams win championships with good coaching

17. koby1868

koby1868 Member

So unnecessarily negative. What about the other 5 games in the win streak. You can't discount he effort and improvements on defense just because the teams we are playing are below average. It's still the NBA and they still have to get it done. How many "bad" teams did we lose to last year? You just sound like a dumbass for rambling on and on about some BS. Just STFU.

Ryno is a spot up shooter, that's why we brought him in. His job is to knock down open 3pt shots. We don't need him trying to cross over his defender and get to the basket. Come off of screens and sit in the corner for the drive and kick.

You sir are the idiot that you keep calling everyone else.

18. pippsux

pippsux Member

Honestly didn't think they would be playing this well.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

gave myself props cuz i was bored. why, you gotta problem with that?

well, do you punk?
    [​IMG]

20. j@amc

j@amc Member

I couldn't agree more. When MDA was hired, I rolled my eyes. But he's reached these players and they have far exceeded what I thought possible. I'm not sure how far this group can go, the coaching and chemistry are miles better.

I still think we're a player or two away from a championship, but now a true core of players and coaches exist. Lots of nice addition by subtraction (including DMo).

Last note: anybody seen what our young 20-year old Chinanu's been doing down with RVG? We better learn how to pronounce his name. If Nene went down with an injury, he might even take those minutes. Nanu for Nene. Worth a look. He's night and day better than training camp/pre-season. A legit NBA big prospect now. Just needs conditioning and time, another keeper.

#80 j@amc, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016