1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official I AM SORRY Mike D'antoni Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 16, 2016.

1. BackdoorHarden

That didn't stop Ryan Anderson or Eric Gordon or Nene when they dumped Asik and Lin like trash and made Howard feel like trash and trashed Howard pubically

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Feb 2016? I'll pass.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Bottom 10 no doubt indicates short-comings. They get stops at times, but how bad are the live TOs hurting?

Our RPI is bottom 10 too, but we deserve extra credit for all the roadies.

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Well after last seasons pitiful performance with JB and then the signing of MDA who I'd disliked (mainly due to my perception of him and performances of LAL and NY) I was against the hire.
    But since he's been a Rocket and having seen more of him in interviews, I'm liking him more and more and yes, I was wrong.
    Yet again, good thing I'm not making FO decisions. But I'm now a fan of MDA's hire.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Well good thing most of the league was on our side with this whole fiasco eh?

This whole "nobody wants to come to Houston" has been going for the past 6-8 years since before Harden joined, and I have yet to see it actually happen. I mean, Dwight Howard was against coming to Houston but changed his mind soon after when the Rockets got Harden.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ask Durant if he will have a meeting.

Oh wait....

DD

7. Remlap

Remlap Member

Durant only wanted to ride the bandwagon anyway.
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Didn't have the fortitude to knock off GSW
    so he jumped on board. WEAK. . . .

Nivos and mario_v like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a long NBA season. I'm happy for now, but we'll wait and see about the playoffs.
    D'Antoni's best team was that Nash/Amare team that lost to the Spurs when Robert Horry checked Nash and Amare/Diaw got suspended after that.

J.R. likes this.
  9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I still don't like the hire. His deficiencies come home to roost in the postseason, when defenses step up and the philosophy of ignoring defense is taken advantage of. The playoffs will tell the story. I'll be happy to be wrong about him.

J.R., daywalker02 and jeevinesh like this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Ah yes, the good ole "Morey couldn't get Durant to come over to Houston, therefore nobody wants to play in Houston".

What are you going to say next, every player that could potentially threaten D-Mo's minutes, like Sam Dekker, sucks and can't play?

Oh wait....

mario_v likes this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man F this im man enough to admit i doubted him.

13. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I never understood why everyone overreacted over the hire.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Did you forget my namesake?

15. Audioout

Audioout Member

I was never against the signing. I was a little worried about the defense but making shots makes defense easier and was hopeful with our hire of Bzdelik. More than anything I trust Morey. He'll get it right way more than he'll get it wrong. With that said I predicted a 50 to 48 win team including possibility of injuries and that is still possible.

16. Nivos

Nivos Member

I don't know where you are checking but the team is #16 in defensive ratings and efficiency, which is very close to the goal of being # 10-15.
    Since Beverly is back we are actually top 10 in defense.
    Lots of credit goes to Bzdelik for sure but you can't dismiss our defense now.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

But you didn't mention the Win Streak, bro...

18. Nivos

Nivos Member

19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I supported the MDA hire from the jump. Why? People forget MDA PIONEERED this new age style of play. Kerr got his offense from MDA, as well as other coaches

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you mean 4 straight games vs lottery team test

the bolded part is a common error among most bball fans. they forgot what the word almos means. 15pts, 7rbs, 8asts isnt 'almost' a triple double. usually when someone has those numbers its at the end of hte game. they have to get 3rbs and 2 asts in like 5-10 minutes. not as easy as you think.15pts, 12rbs, 8ats is 'almost' a triple double. nothing really to do with the topic but point is no 16 is not almost top 10, its more like avg, middle rank. and as ai said during these 4 lottery team games the numbers are gonna be a bit higher but they'll go back down.

i chekced on bball reference and espn on sunday or monday