1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official I AM SORRY Mike D'antoni Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 16, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i aint sorry for a daam thing. we're still terrible on defense and ryan has yet to grow out of his strict spot up shooting role. everyone knew his o was elite

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sorry for what? I was in favor of the hire.

:)

DD

3. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

I too am sorry for doubting D'Antoni the Great. We look head and shoulders above 99% of the league right now. Team that the Warrior struggled to beat (Pels, Sacramento) we're blowing out!

What a time to be alive!

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't subscribe to this anymore. I think the Rocket defense is decent..

DudeWah, Richie_Rich and ksny15 like this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Is it time to build a D'antoni statue outside Toyota center yet?

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yeah the D is far from terrible. That poster much not watch many games.

7. Pandy Fackler

Pandy Fackler New Member

That's a great analogy, he also seems kind of aloof and happy go lucky, like Ranieri. Two guys that players just love to play for and that makes a huge difference also.

8. K-Lo_The_Future

2You sir.....are an idiot. If you cant see the improvement in the defense you are blind....effort more than anything.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Entering the season, I thought we'd win 48-52, but no chips under MDA and Co. Now, the Rockets might 55+, which would be great, but my hopes for championships/Finals appearances have increased. Not necessarily this season, but eventually. The passable defense and emergence of young guys is the biggest surprise.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

last i chcked, which was sunday or monday, we're bottom 10 is opponent ppg, fg%, 3pt% and drtg. that menas we suck at defense. the warriors opponent ppg was better and they had their bench play the 4th quarter.

these 4 straight lottery team games will boost the numers but after i expect them to go back down. by default the d is better than last season cuz last seaon was a historic train wreck. they're capable of being a top 15, top 10 if they really go after it.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm sorry MDA for putting him and Les Alexander on blast when I heard he was gonna be hired. I thiught the Rox was doomed lol.

Of course the since the first SL game I thiught he was amazing but this thread is about clowning posters whi think they know better than the people who actually manage NBA teams for a living.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

3you registered in 2012, have only 7 posts and u came out and posted this lol dumb ass

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

shrug* Eye Test.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Seconded, I wanted Thibs believing defense was the problem. We all knew we had no system and not enough good shooters last year. This year we do and the defense, effort, team rebounding and team assists look so much better.

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Loved it from day 1. Was hoping he could recapture the old magic with a run and gun team

[​IMG]

16. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Except with the Dmo situation, thx to the fiasco now free agent role players will think twice before signing with us. Asset that can be discarded like used condoms ...

17. ballhog409

ballhog409 Member

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Bzdelik as a reason for the team's defensive improvements? He's a big upgrade to all the assistant coaches we've had the last few years. Even Harden is consistently closing out on shooters now.

RudyTBag, Nivos and Remlap like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He sure is a coach of that when it is going good, it is going really good kind.

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

He is going to help us defeat the Grizs when it counts.

20. BackdoorHarden

Only one of 3 coaches to win 60 games 2 times. And you people laughed at him.

#2 seed overall and unbeatable. How do you beat a team that score 3 points when you can only score? You can't.