1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Beavis Stiffler

2 goals scored already in the first 5 minutes.

Tied 1-1.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

This defense is putrid. Every time they get a chance to clear the ball, Rico passes the ball directly to the other team

3. Beavis Stiffler

4. Beavis Stiffler

Cubo, Boniek, and Leo Miranda coming in as subs are still not enough.

Switching over to the Astros game.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'd make some immediate changes heading into next week

first, you gotta get Rico out of the lineup (I know we have been saying this for months, insane it hasn't happened yet). Put Boniek there, he will at least help with possession and won't give the ball away constantly, leading to attacks from the other team. Rico is terrible on both ends of field now, Boniek won't be any kind of downgrade at this point, in fact his on the ball defense is better

I'd slide Raul R over to RB and put in 2 new starting center backs. Play Agus with one of the young guys (Ibeagha/Bourgeois) and just see how it goes.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Coyle is going to have to do something drastic quickly or he's going to be summering back in Scotland. This many poor results in should've forced lineup changes before this week. This was just the culmination of bad play that will finally force his hand. Get Bruin and Clark the f*** off of the field. The center backs are afraid of being aggressive because they know that Clark is just going to screw things up in front of them. They're forced to stay back and are allowing the opponents to run at them with space. I'm not sure of the stats but I'd be willing to bet we're near the bottom of Offside Forced (if that's a stat that's looked at) and fouls. 2 things you can consider if a defense is playing too soft. Not that they should be at the top of fouls committed...but 5 out of the 7 teams currently with more than 10 points are in the top 10 of FC.

On the flip side, we're near the bottom of the league for being caught offside and corners taken. This tells me that the forwards are playing too deep into the midfield...not taking chances any more, as evidenced by only 2 goals in the last 3 games after 11 in the first 3. Way too many times I've seen Bruin near the defensive 1/3 to get the ball. Why? He can't dribble out of trouble. WTF is he doing there? Stay as deep as you can and live with the fact that all you are is a poacher. Quit clogging up the midfield and giving it away the moment you touch it. Jozy Altidore thinks Bruin has a bad first touch and no one would know better...

These are correctable problems by putting in players that actually fit the system better. Get Madiana in a better position to run the midfield. Get Bruin and Clark off the field.

7. Beavis Stiffler

Good news, Bruin is on the bench. Bad news, Rico Clark is still starting.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="cy" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/GEICO">@GEICO</a> starting XI: Deric; Williams, Rodríguez, Agus, Beasley; Wenger, Clark, Warner, Alex, García; Barnes © <a href="https://t.co/cIcCTdCQw1">pic.twitter.com/cIcCTdCQw1</a></p>&mdash; Houston Dynamo (@HoustonDynamo) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonDynamo/status/724004028359692293">April 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

8. Beavis Stiffler

Unfortunate red card on Tyler Deric but the play before that, it look like an offside on Columbus.

9. Beavis Stiffler

Smh at Coyle's decisions on his substitutions. He brings in Horst, a defender, for the last 15 minutes instead of bringing another forward/striker when down by 2 goals. I know they're a man down but still at least try to take a risk and get Cubo, Miranda, or Maidana on the field and help Barnes and Wenger on the offensive end.

10. Beavis Stiffler

Link:http://www.houstondynamo.com/live

http://www.houstondynamo.com/post/2016/04/22/houston-dynamo-offer-april-30-match-live-stream

Tonight's Dynamo vs. Real Salt Lake match is to be aired via online stream.

It's a one game experiment and a big risk for them. If this works successfully then there could be more games to air via the internet for next year. I think they need to have a better local TV deal with some type of multi-year agreement for next year and not settle for one-year deals with Root Sports.

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another match, another loss :(

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Is Chaco still hurt or are they just not playing him?

13. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Unfortunately, the biggest creator of chances maidana came out of the bench and the best striker /finisher Torres too. I hope brener steps in and makes coyle play them because they deserve to start. This lone striker deal is not working out; none of our forwards can excel in this formation. The subs were too late also.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I wonder how much leash Coyle has left. 1 season+ and there has been no signs of improvement...only signs that he cannot figure out a lineup that works. DP on the bench. Allegedly best creating midfielder on the bench. Meanwhile, Rico Clark continues to start.

On another note, Brad Davis scored a beauty this week for SKC. I don't blame the Dynamo for letting him go based on his performance last season...but maybe some of it was due to coaching?

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Didn't have another thread to put this in, so I'll just put it here

Ran into Jermaine Jones last night in Denver. Chatted with us for a bit but kind of a dick

16. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

What didn't you like about him?

17. Beavis Stiffler

Finally. Dynamo win. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tIA5ToRecTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZNpNS9wGDPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Same old **** with this team

You finally give Cubo a chance, he contributes to the win last week, and back on the bench today.

Same culprits playing like crap again today: Rico, Bruin and for a couple weeks now Wenger as well

Rico has a lucky ass cracker from the outside as I am typing this, but my comments still stand

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Deric with ANOTHER red car, hard to blame him though, the defense has been sooooo bad, he has been coming to come out all game long

No subs left, Jalil Anibaba in at goal now......

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice red card by Deric with no more substitutions... Anibaba in goal and Dynamo down 1-3 and playing with 10 men :mad: