1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official BoB coaching thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Sep 8, 2014.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Fitz is pathetic which most of us can agree. But more and more its beginning to appear that the Texans biggest problem may be the coach. I have absolutely no faith in him. He's looking like a total fraud.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Please explain how this loss falls squarely on the coaches shoulders.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

The coach loss this one...end the redzone with the best RB and you don't let him touch it..Then killing the game by challenging a obvious first down..lol

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Fixed

5. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

This offense is HORRIBLE. I can't even imagine it being any worse without foster now that he has his yearly hamstring bull ****. Put mallet in the rest of the time or gtfo.

6. conquistador#11

lots of room for improvement. let's hope he fills up

7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This offense is coach OB baby and it is a joke. Arian Foster and defense forcing TOs has saved their ass so much this year. Also coach OB has just boneheaded time management, play calling, that dumb challenge today, just so many dumb ass mistakes. He's a bad coach so far, he's a big part of this teams problems.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He's turned a 2-14 team into a 4-5 team with no help from the 2014 draft class. He's doing fine.

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

He hasn't done ****. Healthy Arian Foster, JJ Watt, timely TOs and special teams earlier in year is the reason this team has 4 wins.

10. The Real Shady

No, he's doing fine.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ROOKIFIED!!!

Rocket River

12. Remii

Remii Member

I don't think you're giving enough credit to Foster and too darn much to O'Brien... A big part of the reason the Texans only won 2 games last year was because Foster wasn't healthy...

I don't know the extent of Foster's injury but if he misses time _ we'll see how good O'Brien is...

13. The Real Shady

I don't jump to conclusions about coaches during their first season unless they are getting woefully outcoached. He's doing okay in my opinion and they are on pace to have about 7 or 8 wins like I thought they would. During season 3 if there is no noticeable improvement then I'll start calling for his head.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

BOB's offense broke records with a great QB and mediocre receivers. Now his offense has "great" (ok maybe good) receivers but a mediocre QB. It's the opposite you could say.

It's the NFL, NO ONE wins without a good QB...

15. Summer Song Giver

That NewEngland offense has been plug and play when it comes to OC's it's a long list of successful NE OCs who couldn't replicate that success once they left.

16. ipaman

That kinda proves my point. No QB, No Win which makes calling out BOBs Offense kinda stupid.

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

in all fairness, he's been starting an average back up without giving the unknown commodity (mallett) a chance. not that i think mallett will do much better, but i have been proven wrong before. additionally, the oline has been a joke, and at some point the finger gets pointed at the coaching staff. jeez, can duane brown get any worse? i don't even know, the offense is a hot mess, plain & simple.

18. Summer Song Giver

Fitz is at best a b/u NFL QB?

And, the sample size for Mallet is very small, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he may have more to offer than Fitz?

19. ipaman

At this point I personally want to see Mallet. Fitz is a backup vet, we know what he offers. Mallet is a question mark that we need to answer this year. Savage also is a question mark. The remaining 7 games, 3 for Mallet, 4 for Savage so we know where we stand for the draft next year. btw... I realize that will never happen but hopefully we can either answer the Mallet question or the Savage question.

20. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I started questioning OB and looking at him with a side eye when he decided to go with Fitz as the starter in the first place. He hasn't show me much this whole season to convince me he's all that he is cracked up to be. I'm willing to bet Andre saw some things early on that had him not buying into this new regime and that's why he didn't want to be here anymore. The Texans just wouldn't trade him. OB is likely to be the latest in a line of former Belichick assistants to flop as head coaches in the NFL.