1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The OFFICIAL Bill O'Brien in the hot seat thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't think it'd take more than Mallett and a 4th or 5th round pick. Problem is the salary cap. Don't know how that'd work. I'm not going to pretend I do, either.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think the locker room has giving up on bill. My opinion.

I don't usually call out coaches and say get him fired but this entire staff is a joke. Unprofessional amateurs. Get coaches and Gm out. First step

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

He has a bad team to work with, such a shame.

I don't think he'll be fired this year, but it'll suck if he does.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dude, he built this team.

He's had two off seasons and two drafts.

It was his decision to waste 10 draft picks (6 for Nix and Strong, 2 for McKinney, 2 for cutting Daniels and Manning).

He chose to sign all these mediocre guys from QB, to RB, to WR and so on.

He absolutely should be fired or it will be just more of the same.

He has no idea what he's doing

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's the same team that went 9-7 last year minus the players that HE got rid of and with the addition of players HE brought in.

How is it not on him if the team has significantly regressed?

6. Fantasma Negro

Its obvious Obrien is not a very good evaluator of talent. We need a new gm, I don't understand how we've had such **** drafts and Rick Smith still has a job. Its time for him to go

7. conquistador#11

i don't see griffin being a b.o.b guy. and that's my main problem with the gurus, but how much guru do you do when you "coach" brady. Griffin under a kubiak like system:eek: this whole mallet and hoyer is all b.o.b. we'd had been better off keeping fitzie and having case backup and cheaper.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I didn't know McNair gave full GM duties to a first year NFL head coach. BoB has made some questionable decisions without a doubt but personnel has to fall on the GM.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fitzpatrick is a better QB than either of these guys and that is not saying much.

DD

10. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

Doesn't matter if we get a high draft pick or low. This two-headed monster of BoB and Rick have proven themselves a horrible judge of talent. Draftees and free agents.

11. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Win-loss records are some what deceiving from year to year in the NFL if you aren't having playoff success. You go 9-7 because you get a super weak schedule after 2 wins the year before and having a terrible division. You get a stronger schedule the next year and go backwards. Next year if they continue to lose they will have another weak schedule and chance to improve again. If none of it results in playoff success it's rather meaningless, but it's funny how some people automatically expect 9-7 to be improved on without considering the strength of schedule.

Rick Smith has to go before you fire another coach. Either he isn't responsible for any of this and we won't miss him, or he is responsible and it's time for someone else to have a shot. If O'Brian is directly responsible for all the roster and drafts, then they should take that away from him. Let him have input, but get a GM who knows what he is doing.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Someone should really petition this organization to move towards analytics-friendly management..

Get with the times.

I get it's difficult to get metrics in football, but teams are moving that way. Texans are one of the last few teams in the league to move in that direction.

Someone please go to the Sloan Conference and find a GM

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Pep Hamilton

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I really WANT to like BOB. He seems like he would be a fun coach to play for. But maybe in college instead of the NFL.

I'm starting to think he is seriously in over his head. It's almost like he thinks he can just WILL his players to win. That kind of thinking works better in college than it does in the NFL.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's not Bob's fault Y'all. He just doesn't have the team he needs. Only fault I have on them is not drafting Bridgewater.

16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Bridgewater couldn't save this team. They are undisciplined, unfocused.

The drop by Foster
    The PI on Kareem
    The unsportsmanlike conduct on Hopkins

Stupid stuff that is an indictment on the coaching staff.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Pretty close to full. Rick went out and got the players BOB wanted.

18. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

The only difference I can tell is he's not calling the offensive plays anymore. What gets me is my gawd we spent so many high draft picks on defense and it seemed like every play has positive yardage.

Wasn't the media killing the colts for the O Line depth when they picked up dorsett? Gore played exceptionally well... so frustrated with this team now.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

OB has made a ton of personnel decisions...he's shaped this team to be what it is. I know people like to blame Rick, and yes, Rick does take some blame...but for the most part, this team is OB's creation. He's made poor decision after poor decision as far as the roster is concerned.

On top of that, he's done a terrible job game planning and preparing the team for game day.

An example would be against KC. Everyone in the world knows that the Chiefs dont have much of a passing game...and if they do have a good receiver, Alex Smith is not the type of QB to air it out. The screen pass with Charles should be the very first thing they prepare for. What did we get killed on consistently? The screen pass. And it's not that we got burned on it a few times...it's as if we were blindsided by it, like it was the last thing we would expect from them. Watching 10 minutes of tape should fill you in on the fact that this is a go-to play for the Chiefs.

Every single game this season, the Texans have been outcoached. Even against the Bucs, we got outcoached. Our talent level is higher...and the Bucs had a rookie QB playing the 3rd game of his career. Yet, we squeeze that game out, playing on our own turf.

It's embarrassing.

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Give everyone the boot!