1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Adrian Peterson Countdown

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by lexled, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Drafting Peterson will be the only way to get people real excited about Texans football in 07. If we get him I would get over the stupidity of taking Mario "One Tackle A Game" Williams over Reggie Bush. But knowing the Texans they'll pass up Peterson too.

2. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Exactly.

Should of drafted Reggie..

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I feel like Peterson will be a better NFL back that Bush so I would be more excited about getting him than if we got Bush. However, unlike last yr, I really dont want us to lose, but if you look at the schedule, we can easily go into the Buffalo game at 1-8 or at 2-7 at best. I was stupid to be optimisitc about this season.

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

They didn't take Reggie #1, they wont take AP #1

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Should have paid attention in English class.

The only way, huh? Overstate much?

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

There's a lot of college football left to play to determine who goes where and when...

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Bullsh*t. Only winning will get people excited.

The 2005 Texans averaged 16.3 points per game. The 2006 Texans are also averaging 16.3 points per game.

The 2005 Texans gave up 26.9 points per game. The 2006 Texans are giving up 32.7 points per game.

So, which side of the ball needs help again? (Trick question. It's actually both. :) But so far, the Texans have actually improved in offense by about 10 yards per game, while the defense has fallen waaaaaaaay off, giving up 120 more yards per game than last year.)

8. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Lack of a pass rush and a subpar secondary will do that to a team.

9. Summer Song Giver

The defense has been behind the offense so far, I expect that to do a 180 and by the end of the season we will be screaming about our anemic running game, and for AP.

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

count me on the AP>Bush side of the debate. peterson is a sunday afternoon beast.

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I really hope you're right, because a reversal would imply that Mario Williams would have done something to help the defense...

12. Summer Song Giver

Let me backpedal a bit. The defese with the exception of the secondary should start to play better. We still need help back there.

13. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

If you go 2-14 again this year then why would people pay 65 and 70 dollars again next season to see that sorry product on the field. Atleast with Peterson on the field you got a guy thats exciting and will have fans excited about football again? Can you honestly say you are excited about this team?

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

We could have Walter Payton on this team and still lose like we do. I'm not opposed to picking AP, but as long as our defense is giving up record breaking performances against them, we won't be a winning team.

Hopefully we won't be picking high enough to get AP and I've said all along that Kubiak doesn't like to pick RBs that high, but I don't think even Kubiak could pass on Bush and AP back to back.

With that said, our biggest hole lies in the secondary.

15. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Regardless of whether or not you like the Mario pick, drafting Reggie isn't necessarily the answer. The Texans need a running back who can RUN the ball. We have solid WRs and decent TEs. We need a running back who can gain yards on the ground and keep the defense honest. So far, Reggie hasn't proven he can be that type of running back.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I never said I was. But I'm guessing there are other players or events that could get the fans excited again. AP is not the end all be all for this franchise.

17. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

hmmm I think Cinn and NO was as bad as us 4 years ago

but how did Cinn turn into one of the powerhouse in football

and NO is soldout and 2-0

hmmmmmmmmmm.......

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Maybe the reason the top teams continue to do better is because the best teams (lower picks) have the best coaching and evaluators--and this is far more important over the course of 7 rounds than picking order.

If AP is clearly the best prospect and the Texans have a shot at him they should take him.

I can't stand OU, but AP does look like an impact everydown NFL running back. These guys can make as much difference as anybody except a franchise QB. And I don't see a QB coming next year worth trying over Carr.

Get AP or another stud back and then use the rest of the draft for defense and Oline. That would be my plan.

19. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Werd. Our offense is good. With AJ, MOulds, daniels, putzier, carr, and a decent running game yesterday, offense is not a need.

We need a defensive player, preferably secondary. Maybe d-line otherwise. Even with Reggie Bush this team would not be very good because the problem is the defense, not the offense.

20. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I agree with that but if you have a chance to take another franchise back in Peterson and you pass up on him in 07 then they are the dumbest franchise in pro sports history.