1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**The Official Aaron Brooks as a "Sun" Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by the_hustler, Feb 25, 2011.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If his ankle sprain is still causing him problems, this could explain his poor performance. It's no surprise that the Rocket's staff would have missed it and the Phoenix staff caught it.

Hopefully, Brooks gets to stay in Phoenix. After their staff fixes him, he will be back to his old MIP self.

2. worzel gummidge

I assume the physical was done in Phoenix. The Sun's announcers said he'll play in their next game.

3. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i could totally see that.

everybody should just chill... houston won't be championship calibur anytime soon.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think Brooks will perform poorly for the rest of the season in Phoenix, but he will rebound in a big way next season and not just match, but surpass his '09-10 campaign. The only way we won't regret trading him is if Dragon develops into a big time player as well, or if our Phoenix/Orlando draft pick does.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Aaron seeing his first action for the Suns vs the Pacers.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If we see him with his old speed and athleticism soon, we can know we have been right all along that our training staff is worthless garbage.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Interesting to see if Nash doesn't get traded in the summer, i can't see Phoenix matching the offer Brooks is set to get. Rumors are that Portland wants to bring him back home and Sacramento has interest in making an offer as well. I just don't understand the move for the Suns if they weren't going to trade Nash.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Good start for the little guy, would have had two more dimes if the hammer hadn't missed a couple of easy layups.

9. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Yeah, he was making good passes, Gortat and Warrick just blew those layups. He looks good out there, very confident.

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The suns have been interested in AB for a long time. In fact, they were going to draft him, but the rockets drafted him first. I heard the rockets was going to use the no. 31 pick (they used it to draft Landry) to draft AB. After they heard the suns wanted him, they used the no. 26 pick to draft him. The suns had the no. 29 pick.

11. Braga

Braga Rookie

link for suns and pacers game?

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yeah... Purple does not look good on AB0... Red/Green are his colors...

13. k-money

k-money Member

14. HeyBudLetsParty

15. dial1revenge

dial1revenge Member

lol at AB's tweet.

"We won"

16. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

BRING BACK A.B.!!!

17. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

FAIL!! The only reason we traded Aaron for Dragic is becaus Aaron is expiring and the suns also coughed up a pick... AB for Dragic on the same contract would not have happend.. Rox and Suns kno that..

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That coupled with the fact that AB is looking to get PAID PAID PAID next season. We can't afford to pay $10-$12 mil a year for two point guards, let alone near the neighborhood of $6 mil just to sit on the bench. AB is a starter in this league, Morey isn't fibbing when he says that. The problem is that we had two starting point guards and one spot. Kyle won out...

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol @ anyone saying Dragon > AB

So far in their career it's not a debate who as to who has been the better player. Obviously AB has had more of a chance than Dragon so we will see if Dragon gets the opportunity Brooks did in Houston to even make it a debate.

As of now it's not.