1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office [Season 8]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Sep 17, 2011.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

The Stanly bits have me loling.

2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Hell yea "Loose Cannon" Stanley is awesome. :grin:

3. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

this season has surprisingly been hilarious.

love the increased rolls of Dwight and Andy

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think that would ruin it. Hopefully they've learned their lesson from Jim and Pam.

Props to the writers for taking The Office to another level this season. The show was in a death spiral last season and I didn't think it could survive the loss of Michael Scott.

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree. As much as I want Erin and Andy to date, I don't want them to get married and have kids. I wonder if Pam can somehow evolve on the show. Her character is very blah now...

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I absolutely hate jim and pam now and have for about 4 seasons, the writers really killed both characters with the way they developed their relationship

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think Pam really needs to go...write her off like she's pursuing a career with another company. Jim on his own can still be funny.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I miss Chris Wallace. Was that his name? I hope he gets back in at some point in some capacity.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

When Andy first said they were going to have to find another receptionist, I thought they were going to move Pam back at least temporarily.

Her character has been so 'blah' since getting promoted. She was much funnier when she hated her job.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

David Wallace. Chris Wallace is Biggie.

11. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Wallace got canned after Sabre bought out Dunder Mifflin. They had him on an episode in season 6 when Michael was not happy Charles Minor. He won't be back he's working on his new business venture "suck it".

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, I know where he is and what he's doing. Hope he comes back in some capacity.

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Pam hasn't been the same because she just had a freaking baby! She still is a little chunky so I'm sure she's a little self conscience about her appearance right now... Wait until she loses the weight and the writers will write her in more.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

fat pam is annoying

Jim should`ve just smashed Cathy on the trip

15. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

this is crap! was a fan of the whole florida thing, but when they come back with this new manager. she better gtfo

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Yeah I don't think she's gonna stay long...

And Erin and Andy get together! Yes! Pretty stoked about that one, no homo.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't understand why The Office loves making their characters mentally r****ded. First Kevin, then slowly Creed (used to be mysterious), now Erin. Lol.

18. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Started off horribly, but I thought towards the end it was pretty funny.

19. aghast

aghast Member

Yep. How did Kevin get his World Series of Poker bracelet if he can't count to ten?

Most notably, Michael's intelligence was all over the place throughout the series, depending on who was writing him at that exact moment. As mentioned above, they're dumbing down the scheming, manipulative ("mirroring" his superiors) corporate climber that Andy once was as well.

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Great point about Kevin. In the earlier seasons, I loved the what they did with his character. He certainly wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, but there were certain things that he had a knack for like gambling. Now, he has been reduced to an overweight, bumbling fool.