1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office [Season 8]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Sep 17, 2011.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Ryan "Owling" was hilarious

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

The office reminds me of my cousin.

...I don't really like him as much I used to...but I don't want the guy to die.

1 person likes this.
  3. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Yeah, definitely missing Michael Scott. But since I don't watch a lot of TV, 30 minutes for a show that's still funny is worth it.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I liked it. Cute gesture at the end.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I still miss Michael, but gradually starting to like Andy more and more. This episode was better than the last so hopefully that's a start. LOL at Andy getting his ass tatted.

Oh and one more thing: THEY NEED MORE DWIGHT!

6. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

I mean, how long have some of the most popular comedies run?

Seinfeld- 9 seasons

Cheers- 11 seasons

Mash- 11 seasons

And The Office isn't even as popular as those- and it on, what 8? At most, it probably has 2-3 more seasons, including this one. It's never been a top 10 or 20 ranked show, so I don't think a slight dip is going to hurt it. I'll enjoy it till its run is over.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This show has kind of lost me..I liked it better when everybody in the office weren't a big group of friends acting all cute with each other..it was much more likable when they were everyday office workers who were forced to tolerate each other..the focus used to be about selling paper, what the hell happened!?

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I thought pretty much all of last season was bad so my expectations were very low for this year, but I've gotten a few laughs out of it. Andy's "Hi, Dad" was one of the better laughs of the last year of episodes.

Jim, Pam, Angela and Daryl (surprisingly) have all grown stale. Even Oscar and Dwight are wearing thin. But Andy's good as the boss; James Spader is a major upgrade over Kathy Bates; and Creed, Kevin, Meredith and Stanley never get old. I can never get enough of Creed. But yeah, Michael is missed.

9. Turpis

Turpis Member

The C-Span line had me cracking. I haven't laughed like that for months.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Without Michael they don't have headaches everyday.
    This season is already off to a good start though, I love it.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The CSPAN comment and even the "Dad!" comment, had me rolling!

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I enjoyed it, the "Dad" thing was pretty funny along with Spader's explanation of why he picked Andy.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

First episode I thought was pretty bad but I guess it might take a little while for it to come together after losing the "franchise player". Last night was better for sure.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I liked this episode. I thought it was funny when they were selling paper like mad. Stanley had me laughing.

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Anyone else catch someone actually say the word "laughter" while people were laughing in the incentives meeting? It's at the 14:22 mark on Hulu.

#95 ClutchCityReturns, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  16. Zackery

Zackery Member

I am loving this new season. The halloween episode was particularly excellent.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Leverage on TNT tonight is doing a "The Office" mock-umentary style episode... what with the talking heads, the shots through the blinds, unsteady cameras, the far-away zooms like in our favorite show... :grin: I never watch this show but tonight, that's the reason for me to do so. Haha. 'The Office Leverage' :cool:

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

To me, The Office is like the Rockets. I may not enjoy Season 8 as much as Season 2, just like the 2011-2012 Rockets may not be as exciting as the 1990s Rockets, but I'll still keep watching.

That being said, they need to not have all the shows revolve around Andy. He's just not a strong enough character like Michael Scott. They really need to make it more of an ensemble.

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Hard to believe I'm saying this, but I haven't really missed Michael Scott yet.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Me neither. The show isn't perfect, but compared to the last couple of seasons, it hasn't lost anything. The last episode with Mrs. California was very good.