1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Sep 4, 2010.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

exactly - as i said last week, his departure felt anti-climatic. they really should have done more to tie up the relationships he had w/ the characters, dwight especially - they could have done a whole episode w/ those two - just one last super-zany blowout thing.

it all seemed very rushed...
    "ok everyone, im going"
    "ok, bye!"

2. sew

sew Member

F'n hilarious episode, imo.

3. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

That was great.

I was really hoping that they killed him off there at the end, it would have been awesome. I thought ferrell did a great job this episode, he finally got to be him in charge and as much as i hated the idea of him becoming the next boss (extremely unlikely) i would welcome it now.

4. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

there was no way they could have given everyone what they wanted in his last episode, when i got done watching it i had the "thats it?" feeling, but looking back at it, they had him leave a day early and try to get a little time with each person before leaving instead of a huge goodbye which makes sense, Michael Scott couldnt handle a huge goodbye.

5. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Yeah, I mean I expected it to be a disaster like his personality. Oh well!

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

7. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

i'd hit;)

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I actually liked the subtly of it all, it showed that he finally is becoming a mature adult

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That episode was a total 180 from his last 5 years of existence, but it was nice to see a Michael Scott that wasn't half r****ded.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Pam becoming a major b**** for some reason.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Now Warren Buffet? Strange.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/10/warren-buffett-to-guest-star-on-office-finale/?hpt=T2

Warren Buffett to guest star on 'Office' finale

The season finale of “The Office” is going to be a packed house. In addition to the likes of Ricky Gervais, Jim Carrey and Will Arnett, famed investor Warren Buffett is also expected to make a cameo.

According to Variety, Buffett will also be angling for the gig Steve Carell's Michael Scott vacated at the end of April and was temporarily filled by Will Ferrell’s Deangelo Vickers. Apparently, Buffett had the "Office" crew make a stop by his company's annual shareholders meeting for a skit in which Buffett pretended to take over for former office manager Scott.

Other big names descending on the Scranton, Pennsylvania office that episode are Catherine Tate, James Spader and Ray Romano.

The finale airs next week on May 19. How do you think Buffett would fare as Dunder Mifflin’s boss?

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^nice...
    I agree..finally saw it last night...it was a little uneventful, no frills, just bye...

w/ regards to the dunking, yes, they skipped the jumping...for a second, I thought he stepped on Kevin to get to the rim...i really liked the episode..had me laughing...

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

That was hilarious on multiple levels.

And Creed as the Boss? Now THAT has comic potential.

Seriously, that was one of the best episodes of the past 2 years.

#674 dandorotik, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It was solid, shows you they can make it work without Michael. There is plenty they can work with without him.

Is one of the replacements going to be permanent? Or is it just for fun? Watch it be a cliffhanger. Sigh.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Good episode. The show can work without Michael, but writers will have to raise their game. Not so hard for 4 episodes. For an entire season is another story.

17. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

It worked due to them bringing back the Jim vs. Dwight dynamic. I think this show can work, they have enough periphery characters to help each one take on the load of a few shoes as long as they keep it funny and not too dramatic.

Creed as boss would be awesome, but I'm afraid that'd be overexposure and kill his randomness. Although I hope he starts next week with some hilarious new rules.

The part where Dwight dumps his Piranha and Kevin walks in on the bathroom was my first real "office laugh" in a loooooooong time. Reminded me of earlier office days.

18. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

I'm starting to like the Gabe character.

19. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I started feeling the exact same as this season progressed. I use to think he was the worst, most unfunny character ever created, but his awkwardness is so funny

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Ummm...
    THAT'S... what... sh--uh, not appropriate. :eek:

LOL @ the new "boss". :grin:
    I never thought it would be Creed! Mrs. SwoLy guessed it BEFORE the scene... I forgot he was the "oldest".