1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Offical "Do Something, Morey!" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

mori pls james needs help

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we all said the same exact thing over and over for 5 long grueling months last season......and he did nothing

Stormy1234 and Cashmoney like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I would give Morey a years salary to trade Brewer. Please. For the love of God. Hell...3 years salary! 5 years! My life savings! Please let me watch the Rockets without having to watch Brewer. I beg of you.

4. jae713

jae713 Member

Hate to break it to you guys, but Morey has been on record saying that if there is a move, it will more than likely be a minor one. He was on 790 last week and basically said that it is very difficult to improve a team that is already good and that major trades are very difficult to pull off and don't happen very often.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

And that's a good thing.... Last year's squad wasn't going anywhere.

I think some of you folks just want to make a move to make a move....

Tha_Dude likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

our next game is on trade deadline day, so hopefully we have 8 fit players because Morey has somehow pulled off a big trade to get Harden his second star player to play with ;)

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It really didn't take much for Toronto to get Ibaka. Ross and a 1st (likely a late pick). That's not a lot for a good talented big.

I would be curious how Ibaka would have fared against Whiteside, even for 15 minutes.

I think Morey misses on a good opportunity here.

Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Yeah, I called this awhile back too. I didn't think Morey would make a serious move because of how much the current team has exceeded expectations. I know its fun to throw out random trade ideas where we trade Brewer, KJ and Ennis and somehow end up with a solid rotation player in return but that's simply not realistic. The team could definitely use another big who could protect the paint and rebound but those guys don't exactly grow on trees and you certainly won't get one unless you put a solid package together which would include some of our core guys.

jae713 likes this.
  9. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Stop wasting hardens prime years. Leave the buffet table and do something

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Maybe we should have a "do something now Harden" thread since he's calling the shots anyway. There's no reason to give him all that power though imo, he does not even care enough to commit to defense and lead by example on both sides of the court. I wouldn't trust a guy like that to make personnel decisions, but it is what it is.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Don't worry, Morey and Paxson have been discussing a Mirotic trade...

12. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Agreed. It was one of his bigest mistake. Yesterday was patetic. We are the Capela-RA frontline defender now.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Unless you make $0 a year, you would not give up your salary for a year.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What happened to Mirotic's 3pt shot? Seemed to really nose dive this year. Not that it was ever gangbusters, but down to 29% from 39% the year prior? In fact, his entire game looks regressed this year.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And then Ibaka was traded to the Raptors.......

16. Nook

Nook Member

He is a mental midget, and there is a strong belief among the scouts and front office in Chicago that he is not mentally an NBA player, he has serious confidence issues and the game has never slowed down for him.

Someone will likely take a chance on him at the deadline (Rockets have talked to Bulls), but there is a real chance he heads back over to Europe and enjoys a long and prosperous career where the stress is different and the game is slower.

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Bullsh*t lol.....We was too damn cheap and probably made up his mind that he wasn't giving up anymore 1st round picks for anybody, Ibaka or not. He probably wants to see where Harden can take them and then adjust accordingly. Harden is balling out of his mind right now though. We were in the WC finals year before last. Something has to give!!! Sign Josh Smith back.....something, anything.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Maybe he can get ABS to stop postin knee jerk threads

BigggReddd likes this.
  19. jogo

jogo Member

We probably tried for Ibaka but didn't offer a package better than Ross+1st. That's fine. I wouldn't want to trade Harrell+Dek+?+1st for Ibaka and that's probably what it would've taken. I'm really against trading any starter on a 40 win team for a 3 month rental that might not make us that much better. Wait until the summer.

Morey gets flamed when he doesn't trade, gets flamed when he does trade, gets flamed when he's scouting foreign players, gets flamed when he's scouting U.S. players...

RocketWalta likes this.
  20. Possum

Possum Member

KJ sucks. Decker has a bright future. You shouldn't call people stupid of you can't even spell the word.