1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The offensive has started ..the battle of Portland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Aug 30, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why Trump should not be allowed to tweet! It should not be legal for him to put out fake facts, deceptive posts, and spread false truths and imaginary fears to all his dumb followers who believe he is their chosen one.

It's like giving someone like Jim Jones the power to gather more followers to his cult.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sorry Dude, YOU were the moron excited for the "battle."
    Yeah, moron. "The offensive," you said.
    Now a guy's dead. You wanted a battle. You are guilty.

That's the problem with democracy: some people like you are f'ing idiots.
    Do Idiot be surprised that someone got killed in the "battle" once the "offensive" was underway?

"Rip antifa ...12,000 assault rifles coming to town lol" --ROXRAN--promoter of gun violence.

OWNED murderous trash.

#162 sirbaihu, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah it's a trigger game with them, I can't see how anybody falls for that.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I've been guilty once or twice I'll admit. The tactics are so similar though that you get the sense it's just one or two posters who every 2 months or so create a new persona and start the game all over again. Start off as a naive Conservative who is seriously on the fence, engage, present trap door, blame Biden/Dems for not being perfect and blame them for falling into trap door, then full blown Trumper charade.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think shooting paint balls and pepper spray from trucks isn't violence?

And in case you haven't noticed I've consistently called out the violence done during the protest from all sides.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And this is exactly the kind of reckless rhetoric I warned about.. Trying to pass it off as a Ken Burns parody doesn't make it any better.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

B@ffled=O's

Don't forget about the upset Democrat.

Jimmy Chase and dobro1229 like this.
  8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Independents mostly watch Fox News. as do Swing states

Assuming people watch TV opinions they agree with, Fox News would be most in the center. Not CNN.

https://morningconsult.com/2019/12/...year-the-countrys-eyeballs-down-to-districts/

'Independents, who according to the data consume the three cable news networks at a lower rate than Republicans or Democrats and are often a decisive voting bloc, are slightly more likely to consume Fox News,” Morning Consult wrote. “It’s the most-watched cable channel among independents in 306 districts by a 2-point margin, while independents in 56 districts watch CNN the most. MSNBC was not the most-watched cable news outlet among independents in any district.'

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

From the videos I saw, the Portlanders did steal a flag off a Trumper's car and burn it. You can also see a liquid getting thrown on the Trumpers before they shoot back with paintballs.

Everyone is pretty much awful here.

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree there aren't good guys here. I'm pointing out that that caravan didn't go into Portland with peaceful intentions. They themselves said they were going to there to confront those they consider their enemies.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

"Independents" watching FoxNews in swing states for whatever reason when they do watch news (I would argue most independents aren't that engaged on a daily basis) has no determination of Fox's actual coverage. You are begging people to not take you seriously when you say that FoxNews is "middle of the road". It's middle of the road maybe for you when your choices for media are The Daily Stormer, Brietbart, and 4Chan. However it's laughable to think that FoxNews' coverage is middle of the road even though yes.... it is completely plausible that the swing voters in rust belt states when they do watch political news, it is likely to be FoxNews.

All I need to do is click on Youtube at my house which is in Trump country and every ad will be FoxNews, Epoch Times, or Prager U, and then click on YouTube at my work office in Dallas where there I actually get some Biden & Stacy Abrams/DNC ads sprinkled in with the ads for that douchey guy who says "if you want to lose weight, should you eat Pizza or salad?"

This has more to do with media markets, advertising, online pushes via web, etc. The Murdochs put a SH$T load of money into micro targeting those voters while CNN and NBC are much more focused on high density media markets like cities because they are a for profit organization while FoxNews is for profit by the way of right wing government power. So those voters in swing states will probably get Biden or DNC targeting online but for network media marketing, it's waayyyy more likely FoxNews will be targeting them first for cable news viewership.

#171 dobro1229, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Dubious and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Bunch of #goonswithguns

Can't wait to see who their Fuhrer tells them to hate next.

13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Oregon is such a hard place to run. Portland is 60% of the state and represents an overwhelmingly liberal demographic. But much of the rest of the state has a population that resembles other rural communities in the Western US (rural areas in Idaho, Nevada, California, etc..). Unlike rural communities in the Midwest, these rural communities have a sharper libertarian bent to them so guns and militia type organizations are far more common. Plus Oregon has a particularly terrible history of racism that dates back to its founding.

Even here in Minnesota, the Twin Cities also makes up 60+% of the state but the rural areas are mostly agrarian and labor oriented. We don't really have large numbers of militia types so the rural areas in Minnesota largely stayed out of the George Floyd protests and riots (rioters were usually from the suburbs). But Oregon is so combustible and rural areas there are so well armed. The situation there is really combustible.

jiggyfly and rocketsjudoka like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Over/under on how many of them hurt each other with friendly fire.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

President Camacho and his cabinet of lovable idiots is a wet dream compared to President Gameshowhost and his cabinet of evil idiots.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree that MN isn't OR in terms of the number of militias but they are here and the same anti-government / nationalistic / xenophobic attitudes are very strong here. The impression I get from friends living in the rural and ex urban areas of MN are that they are afraid of the MSP area. I remember about 16 years ago out in Owatanna for work and talking to one of the contractors him asking me if Minneapolis was as bad as people say. Even friends of mine who grew up in suburbs like Minnetonka grew up with the idea that the neighborhood I live in was a dangerous ghetto.

If things get bad again here it wouldn't surprise me if we get stuff like what happened in Portland. I can easily see a group of "Patriots" organizing a caravan of people from outstate MN and WI to come into the Twin Cities to restore law and order. Most of the lock down protesters were basically those people. I've heard rhetoric from Trump supporters in MN that pretty much mirror the stuff we've heard from other parts of the country.

Just to add we did have Right Wing agitators and people from outside claiming they were there to protect property during the worst following George Floyd.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

One thing I will agree with is from what I can see it looks like Portland Mayor Wheeler is doing a bad job. I fully understand and agree with not having Federal Authorities (especially ones who are not identified randomly detaining people) but why there isn't a stronger OR. National Guard presence I don't understand.

When talking about Democratic Mayors Jacob Frey in Minneapolis did do a bad job early on but he seems to have learned and he called for National Guard quickly during last week's troubles. Also the curfew was enforced and at times very aggressively. One other thing he and the state did was during curfew shut down freeway access into the city. That kept out of town groups like what we saw in Portland from coming in and adding to things.

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

part of the problem is the protestors up till now was considered just the Antifa types or BLM types which is more in the Democratic camp... and that status quo is cool because there was burning , looting, mayhem and possibly murder on occasions as a result of the riots...But one side of the political ideology was considered fairly safe...however when you have counter protestors ...which is just as much a right as the existing protestors ...now , NOONE is safe, anyone can and will be a target . Now the local mayors have a conundrum and the minimizing or defunding of police, suddenly and starkly makes zero sense

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The tiny penis brigade, jerking it to Qnon, and hoping for a race or civil war.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Compared to what? or whom? What was the correct tact between peaceful protesters and determined rablerousers?