1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The odd man out....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XBLRocketman111, Nov 17, 2009.

1. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

is Shane Battier, i love the guy but he does not go well with this team. Watching him try to come off a pick and roll dribbling is very painful. if Yao and Tracy were here it would be understandable but now he is killing the offense and defence has not been as good as years past.

Sorry Shane your not getting any intangible love here because other people have taken your intangables and magnified them 5X....ala Landry.

Is it just me or does he just seem like the odd man out there?

2. Landlord Landry

xblrocketman is the odd man.

1 person likes this.
  3. redao

redao Member

He should be a bench player on any normal NBA team.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

hear hear.

Eventually Battier lovers will have to agree Battier's defense and offense is not what it used to be.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I will admit that he seems to be on the decline. However, it's not really his fault that our 2 "superstars" can't stay on the court.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

completely agree, i mean, if we had another guy shoot 8 for 21 or maybe 5 of 18 then I wouldn't agree with you, but since shane is the only guy struggling with his jumper, then you're right on. I cant remember a game where he shot decently, like maybe 4 of 8 at least. He's definitely the only guy screwing up on this team and is directly responsible for our losses.

FIRE SHANE!!

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it's pretty sad to see a role player that is one dimensional decline.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Battier is an AWESOME piece to a championship puzzle but not this team. Just looks lost out there at times and plays a step behind at other times. Rox and Morey should take advantage of the value he carries to certain teams but they love him so at best when TMAC returns Shane is hitting the pine eventually.

9. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Battier will be MUCH more effective when T-Mac returns. No more plays where he has to score. He can stay in the coffin corner because he'll be open.

Not the odd man out, but the odd play out will definitely be Ariza trying to impersonate McGrady and create his own shot. My goodness his ball-handling horrendous.

Back to Battier. EVERY team in the NBA could use a guy like him. You are insanely off base.

10. ibm

ibm Member

after each loss, or even after a win, battier gets singled out. sigh.

11. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

LMAO.

In all seriousness, we need Battier's presence even if he doesn't flow with the offense. He provides that leadership role and gives us the Rockets voice to the rest of the world. Battier may not fit in the offense now and even Adelman may know, but he's still an invaluable asset to this organization. Go Rockets.

12. trugoy

trugoy Member

I actually think that he is being underutilised, he is a great passer on the wing and I think more of the offense should be run through him, at least he'll make the good pass into the post, put him and landry on the court on the same side and watch landry get all star consideration.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

battier is a very well-liked guy. so there must be a reason for him to be singled out.

14. opticon

opticon Member

Chase had a better +/- the battier for the second game in a row.

Chase is a better ball handler and shooter then Shane.

We are costing our selves wins by giving shane more minutes then Chase. Battier has maybe 2 or three productive years at the most before he is Bruce bowen and out of the league.

He are wasting our time on him.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Shane can't do more then he was asked for last season.

he can do it once i a while but not every game.

if an offer appears, take it Morey.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Exactly! We need to give chase some of brooks' minutes too, and let him get some burn at center as well, a rookie will save our season!

17. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

He's not a run and gun, up-tempo player, which is the type of team we are this year.

However, we will revert to a half-court team next season, so he'll be good again next year. Then again, Chase and Trevor might be even better for a half-court team than Battier is so he might be gone anyway.

18. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Actually i wanna see more battier in the post and run more flex cuts for him. shane is alot better finisher then he gets credit for around the rim. he's an above average post player, but we seem to use him as only a spotup shooter. he is aso a good mover off the ball and can very good at finishing around the rim off those flex cuts. thats what we gotta get shane to do more.

19. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Revert back to halfcourt?. so teams can front yao allday long and result in TO's?. no thanks.. it'll be a mixture of run and motion offense.

20. supa

supa Contributing Member

Really??? Is that a serious post? It could be one of the most ignorant things I have read on this board and that is saying alot.