1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Obama Deception

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Kate81, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Kate81

Kate81 Member

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eAaQNACwaLw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eAaQNACwaLw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I don't know if this has been posted. But this is a interesting video, I thought it should be shared.

2 people like this.
  2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Not that interesting. I only sat through two minutes, but when the hard hitting witnesses to the "deception" are rappers and comedians, I don't think you can really take it seriously.

This seems like a Michael Moore flick with a different set of biases and assumptions.

3. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

This movie could have easily been called, "The Presidential Deception", as presidents nowadays are groomed to be likable and not much else for the most part. Even Bush was likable until his administration screwed everything up. Obama's just another distraction for the American public, and ultimately the fall guy if nothing gets fixed.

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

So your saying if they weren't rappers or comedians you would trust their word more? Why does that matter, if they make sense and not making a fool of themselves; then why not hear them out.

2 minutes is not enough to understand what the video is all about, try watching more of this video with an open mind. And if the beginning is boring, skip towards middle and until the end. You might find those parts more interesting.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Americans have bad taste?

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

FIRE UP... and try again!

I posted this in another thread but I think it merits its own.

It's not just a slam on Obama. It's an indictment on politics in America...

7. PointForward

PointForward Member

"you got officials threatening to put people in jail if they criticize Obama"

sorry but I stopped watching there.. WTF was that about? who is this idiot babbling? it seems like this "movie" was a joint product of a hybrid clone of Limbaugh and Beck ..

hey Mr. "I like to sound smart", give me one example of officials threatening to jail people for criticizing the gov, why don't you? considering the fact that you said it so confidently..

it's a shame that the OP or ANY human with a partially functional brain would find this hunk of garbage worth watching other than the obvious comedic reason..

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I encourage everyone to watch this ENTIRE video and research the parts that they disagree with if they have to. It's very interesting and eviscerates Bush as much as it does Obama. This is about the modern relationship between politics and money and how the world is being vastly reshaped and controlled by this relationship. I don't agree with everything presented here, but damned if it doesn't give me a lot to look into.

If you're going to indict this video, watch it at least up until the halfway point. Those of you that criticize the opening minute or two (which admittedly could have been done better) have no idea how ridiculous your comments look when compared to the scope of the entire production.

9. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I agree American politics have become a joke but its really not the poticians fought actually its the people of the US. We tend to vote charisma over smarts and we dont beliave in the policies our politicians present. So politicains play into being our kinda guy and the focus are never on policies. Also there are no more Consertives Democrats or Liberal Republicans and whoever is in offices the opposing party votes against whatever is presented even though sometimes its in agreement with thier agenda. Media is terrible to because there is too much attention on news being entertaining and not informative. If I want enteraining political news I would go to Comedy Central and not on supposedly informative news shows who seem to find a bunch of corispodents yell and screaming.

10. giddyup

I salute your open-mindedness, your diligence, your persistence. You are never going to find PERFECT so you might as well just shut 'er down.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the whole time i kept waiting for the man himself to jump onscreen and shout out "i'm barack obama - and i approve this disinformation!"

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I'm continually amazed at how, now that Obama is in office, all the wingnuts are suddenly so righteously indignant about the general state of american politics.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I'm not.

"You're the minority now, its SUPPOSED to taste like a s**t taco" - J. Stewart

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i watched that episode last night on dvr. i had to watch that segment twice. absolutely perfect. how about that liar on fox news about his kids school changing the name from st. patricks day to potato day due to pc reasons? what a ****tard.

the problem is that you have these wingnutters who are doing their best to rile up those who already believe the government is out to get them. if they keep spreading these lies about tyranny, throwing people in re-education camps and the like, you're going to get one some of these people to turn to violence.

15. giddyup

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear. This piece is about what lies underneath both Bush and Obama.

Why is "libpigs" so offensive but "wingnuts" is a great fit!

16. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

It was sarcasm, Donny. :)

17. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

18. surrender

surrender Member

I love how "you're not openminded" has become the standard conservative retort to any criticism of wingnut theories, as if they think they're being clever by calling out liberals on their supposed hypocrisy

19. giddyup

What should I think about two people who boast about barely watching the first few minutes of a near two-hour presentation and then hastily proceed to condemn it?

No one says you have to watch it, but to dismiss a two-hour presentation based on such a small experience is... what? How would you classify that endeavor?

I'm not sure why you would identify this as a "wingnut" theory. The piece eviscerates basically ALL US presidents as puppets of a grander scheme. The system pits them one against another and focuses us on the Democrat vs Republican argument rather than looking at deeper, root causes.

We push the pendulum back and forth every few years all the while cutting our own nuts off.

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You bet. If they were economists, scientists, law or constitutional scholars, or other people with an education and experience in politics, finance, or law then their word would be more trustworthy than rappers or comedians.

I take what musicians and actors say with a grain of salt the size of a deer lick.

Writers and actors can come up with all kinds of things that "make sense" and don't lead to the actors "making a fool of themselves." That doesn't make the actor or musician an expert in finance, politics, or law.

I already know with certainty that the process as it stands now is corrupt on all sides. I don't need to watch this video to learn that lesson any more than I need to watch a Michael Moore movie to know that healthcare in America is a mess.

1 person likes this.