1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Numbers Are Clear, The Rockets Have A Big 3 Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

OH SNAP!
    Where the hell is Bogut now?
    He still injured?

Rocket River

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He is with the Lakers.

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I get what you saying and most of us now have adopted or used to this because of morey’s past while he was rebuilding and scraping every inch of the league trying to find a star while build a championship team. it’s different now, you have the stars and a team to compete and I don’t see him being traded unless it’s for a star or a disgruntled star wants out but there are non at the moment.

4. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Thon is useless. We need a championship maker.

DudeWah likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

I can hear Morey trying to float Capela in trade discussions... trying to screw teams.

Morey: "Hey I can do you a solid, how about Olajuwon junior, Capela, we call him baby Olajuwon and Eric the all star Gordon for......... Porzingis?"

Perry: "No we want to build around him."

Morey: "Just sleep on it Scott."

Morey: "Hey big guy, how is the fam? Hey so how about some Twin Towers action? Adams and Capela? Just uhhh.... just send Paul George our way."

Presti: "F*** off Daryl, it's Thanksgiving day."

6. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

What can LeBron do when Lue can't make the 5 guys still on the court do ****? He's always had shitty coach.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What about Rodman, who went from a quiet, focused Bird stopper to problematic presence for David Robinson to key contributor with Jordan....as the most flakey player in NBA history.

Webber was pretty problematic with both his first two teams, too.

Also, why just big men, since the point is so-called trouble-makers still helping the team win. That would include Artest as starter with Kobe for a ring, Latrell Sprewel to the Finals with JVG and of course Mad Max.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There was no talent on those teams. Quit trying to reinvent history.

And your years are waaaayyy, off. Read this, then read the rest of my post
    Sports Illustrated: H as in hot -- 1991
    Hakeem Olajuwon has added a letter to his name, and the torrid Rockets have added a dimension to their game

My sister was a suite-mate with Lita Spencer at Rice. Her gossip crowd knows Akeem pretty well, and we know the transformation dates following their alimony lawsuit.

Also, don't stretch the dates to "a decade," please. 2nd year Akeem went from reaching the Finals by dismantling the defending champion Magic/Kareem Lakers in 4 straight games to Hakeem with an "H" in 4 seasons. I mean, Kareem went through a huge dry-spell with the Lakers before his Magic-al transformation, too, and Kareem had better teammates than Akeem...and Akeem never missed the playoffs like Kareem did....but "Hakeem" did once.

D-rock and MorningZippo like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

PG would be awesome

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LBJ is much more likely to be a Rocket than PG.

RiceRockets and DonKnock like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Wouldn’t mind him either

RiceRockets and D-rock like this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

All I'm saying is people would love to play with Lebron, but Cleveland has no tradeable assets and they are in cap Hell. How do you expect them to get players other than buyouts?

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You keep moving the goal post, and changing your reasoning to support your clearly flawed view.

The empirical reality is that relevant players haven't wanted to play with LBJ since he ditched his buddies in Miami. We can either accept that, or justify it with post hoc reasoning

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Will Morey pay Capela a max contract is real question. Especially if it means losing out on re-signing Paul or signing another banana boat crew member?

15. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Capela has not proven he is effective against top team. His +/- is terrible against the 2 western playoff teams(GS, Den) we have played so far.
    Small sample but worth noting.

16. fattz

fattz Member

That is the quandary of this season. My vote (which I don’t have) is please no to a max signing of Capela. Re-sign Paul but not crazy long though and dock the banana boat here in Houston.

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Two of your three best players being injured for basically the entire series is a slightly better "excuse" than "they blew a 3-1 lead because Draymond got a well-deserved, single-game suspension for being a giant dickbag!".

It's funny, Lebron is now playing better than he ever has since at least Miami, and no one talks about how Kyrie was holding him back. No one talks about how Pierce, Allen, and Garnett held each other back in Boston when all of their stats took a noticeable dive together.

Once again, NO one is playing worse with Lebron. They're just putting up less flashy numbers because only so many people can score 25 ppg on the same team in 48 minutes. And I've only heard of one person who left Lebron pouting, and that was the hippie flat-earther Kyrie. Do you not remember how badly Bosh and Wade, two of the most sought after FAs in 2010 wanted to play with Lebron? So much so that they took paycuts and pushed the limits of the NBA's CBA? Wade even came back to join him again...

And no one here is calling Harden a ballhog, so don't build strawmen. Harden is an unbelievable player who has been robbed of two MVPs. The point is that people fabricate increasingly fallacious reasons to hate on Lebron every year... maybe as a defense mechanism as it becomes increasingly obvious that he is the greatest player to ever touch a basketball.

EDIT: I'm also kinda drunk right now (from a single-person, Rockets-watching happy hour) and just realized this post may have sounded more belligerent than I intended, but point is Lebron haters are all stupid butthurt babies and should die.

#77 SuperMarioBro, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

And if you need more evidence of this, check out Nene's and Black's PER. You can pretty much plug in any athletic center and they will thrive in this offense. If you have a chance to acquire Cousins or Gasol though, you go for that period.

19. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

"eventually" ? His leaping ability and great hands are what gives him so much value for us, otherwise the passing angles wouldn't be available on the alley oop lobs.

20. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Capela (like most other traditional centers) isn't going to be very useful against GSW for big minutes, and he had a bad game against DEN in which we blew them out easily