1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The now-polarizing James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Dec 6, 2020.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Blah man, I'm getting tired and got a lot of things twisted up, there's definitely better sources but this -

His first marriage starting in controversy
    "
    In 1985, Jordan's eventual wife — Juanita Vanoy — was pregnant and filed a paternity suit against the basketball star because he denied being the father of the unborn child. Then they were married for 17 years, amid rumors of Jordan's rampant infidelity. He admitted paying an aspiring actress $250,000 in hush money."
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0200519-jp3zxuuhonhnlhhp6p36xad2ai-story.html

I'm definitely not talking about any of these other rumors showing up in search/proven false garbage etc like the article you have - it's false like you mentioned (I literally didn't refresh my memory and honestly didn't want to use Johnson as an example for obvious reasons). I think my point on Jordan - was cheating is definitely not a good look and probably would have been remembered better had their been more technology. Basically he's human and isn't a perfect role model - who is? I was mainly replying on the other post discussing social media aspects, and trying to hold someone to a standard that didn't even exist until more recently (not even addressing the current pandemic issue with this behavior).

Curry's was more frustration with the way it started and people running with it, I mean iirc he didn't even flat out say anything one way or the other. I know NASA reached out and he's not on kyries level for sure.

I think I'm getting more frustrated about current events as well - when you have people not taking the stuff more seriously regardless if someone thinks "I'm all good, it won't happen to me!! " - other people you might infect might not be - I know I personally have a family member that I'm not taking any chances with them getting it and treating others with respect if I have essential travel etc., I would hope others would do the same but... Yeah). Ie stars/government officials on both sides telling us to do one thing - when they're able to go party and not follow the protocols. I didn't even go into that.

#81 CCity Zero, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Point flew over your head.

ipaman likes this.