1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The next coach of the Houston Rockets is....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Nov 2, 2022.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m sure she has abilities, that’s cool. I’m talking about as far as what this team needs. I want a coach with hc experience at the NBA level. We don’t have much time to waste or try things. Go with someone who is established that’ll get these young guys to buy in. Snyder would be my choice

Y2JT likes this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's 2022, the whole calling reasonable people a White Knight to distract from the fact you're an archaic troglodyte with massively outdated views doesn't fly any more. Oh wait, let me put it a way you can understand: We grew up, no need hate girl, girl good. (Hopefully the single syllable words will help you get it.)

3. maj21

maj21 Member

I can have whatever opinion I want. I want a HC with NBA experience at that position, mainly bc of what I’ve seen from Silas. Idc about any label you place on me. I know I’m not misogynistic or anything along those lines. You can kiss my ass

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Well maybe we should let the women of the wnba play in the mens league then. There is nothing wrong with seperating womens and mens sports you woke idiot.

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Frank Vogel is a championship coach.

D-rock and bmelo like this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Also Lionel Hollins is right there on the bench, though he might have already picked up SIlas's bias against certain players so we might want to get someone new. Anyway if we fire Silas I'd cry like we won a chip.

bmelo and ashleyem like this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Get rid of the whole staff and start with a new approach. Can’t be worse than 2-44 record of streaks the past 2+ seasons. Losing has become acceptable for this organization and change needs to be made!!!

Hakeemtheking, bmelo, fattz and 3 others like this.
  8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

We are talking about a coaching opportunity- you think male and female physiology is different enough that they can’t “think” in the same building too? Where does it end? Can women work for sports teams at all in your world? Can they work in the arena at all? I mean, who is really being ridiculous here? Heaven forbid you own accountability for thinking like a caveman.

9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This. We’re quickly becoming the Sacramento Kings. I’d dont want to become the Kings. Get rid of stone: I’m tired of 5 out concept

ashleyem likes this.
  10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I wish there’s something we could do collectively to pressure the management to get rid of Silas. This is a crucial juncture for our team. SILAS MUST BE FIRED! This dude is the single most incompetent coach I have ever seen and he will eventually waste all of our young talent. I have never been this angry at a coach. Not even McFail made me this angry. I literally hate his guts. He sucked all my joy out of watching basketball. **** him, **** Stone too for choosing this clown. They owe us an apology.

Ren ason and Joe Rocket like this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Maybe they give Silas another 10 games and if we're 2-18, they can install Hollins as an interim HC. Hollins won't put up with some of the crap we're doing on the court. He also may have a different view of KPJ.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sam Cassell

Richie_Rich and JayZ750 like this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Not only Silas, Lucas needs to go too. I feel like he dominates hc and forces his ****ed ideas

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I want to give it a shot.

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Someone posed the same question on twitter and I suggested starting a petition.

Ankara1923 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS!!
    my observation as well...besides he never really taught anyone to shoot....

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

just throw a tomato at him when you see him in town....

Ankara1923 likes this.
  19. Futron

Futron Member

At this point, management probably realizes it's more beneficial to just tank and have a legit shot at Wemby.
    It would honestly be dumb to fire Silas this season.
    Clearly we could use another top 5 pick from this draft.
    Not to mention we don't control our pick after this season, so next season we NEED to actually start winning.

bmelo, ashleyem and BigShasta like this.
  20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They probably have an agreement to let him finish out his contract. It would really be the right thing to do. Silas had the rug pulled out from under him on his first HC job. That had to be a gut punch for him. I bet the team feels like pulling that bait-and-switch and then firing him would be bad optics.

Futron and BigShasta like this.