1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The next coach of the Houston Rockets is....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I take your point, but Kelvin Sampson has experience at every level and Silas isn’t in the same league as Sampson as a coach. He was great with the Rockets. Sampson is as safe of an nba head coaching hire as there is. Guys like Terry Stotts would be better?

2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Oh I would love kelvin sampson

Aruba77 likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

The only time under McFail the Rockets looked good defensively was when Kelvin was the defensive coach

Aruba77 likes this.
  4. Qan

Qan Member

This team desperately needs Sampson. His experience handling and maximizing young talents has been amazing to see at UH...but alas, he will probably retire after being done at UH.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Sampson isn’t leaving UH at this point of his career. I’d be shocked if he did. The man is 67 years old

Dredd likes this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

I could see Tilman shocking everyone and throw enough money at Snyder to have him come or at least make a shocking attempt at him

8. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Snyder is the current coach of the Atlanta Hawks

Dredd and harold bingo like this.
  9. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lol did not see that update

10. Dredd

Dredd Member

No coaches available next year, I'm not for another rookie coach or someone who's failed.

11. J Rock

J Rock Member

I just want them to fire Silas so they can get an experienced coach in to evaluate the team before the draft. We have young talent, possibly two top 15 draft picks and loads of cap space to work with this summer. We are in a pretty good position if the proper decisions are made, but I have a sinking feeling they won’t be.