1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The next coach of the Houston Rockets is....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Nov 2, 2022.

1. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

John Lucas, on an interim basis pending how the team performs under his leadership. Silas’ days are numbered. He’ll be gone by the All Star Break.

groovemachine likes this.
  2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The Rockets scored in the second half tonight what Minnesota scored in the second quarter. They are worse now than they were a year ago, and a year ago they were also terrible. There’s no obvious improvement and they aren’t trending in the right direction. At this point, I don’t think Silas makes it past the all-star break. It’s a shame, but the results just aren’t working in his favor. I think the time for the players to save his job is right now, but it doesn’t look to me like they have much urgency to do it. I don’t know if it is fair or not, but it feels like his time might be running out.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

FFz likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im not sure anymore it's Silas idea of basketball, but rather KPJ to lesser extent, and Jalen to bigger extent, not able to fit into the team offense. Jalen just hoopin. He would be 10x better of a player out of college, this g-league **** is a way for young guys to capitalize on their talent, but it lowers their ceiling for sure

Rolliepollie likes this.
  5. marinara

marinara Member

Mark Jackson?

Rocket River and groovemachine like this.
  6. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Stone seems to be best friends with everyone. Someone should remind him this is a professional business.

7. FFz

FFz Member

love his videos and his take. I'm a believer in Frank Vogel! Write him a check Tilman. Give him some gift certificates to Landrys.

DeBeards likes this.
  8. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

This.

DeBeards likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Silas will survive the season
    After that . . . .

Rocket River

10. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Idk if this has been posted already. But man. If we can’t land Synder, I’m on team Cassell all the way.

11. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Ryan Hollis, don’t know that much about him, but what little I do know of him, he wasn’t that good of a player. I just don’t know how he would be as a coach. It’s hard to judge a person from there playing days.

12. anchel

anchel Member

May Monty Williams be available soon?? He's 1-9 in the last 10.

13. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

JW86 and xaos like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

$8 million and beyond is too much for Tilman.
    Too much for Ty Lue (last time).
    Too much for Nick Nurse.
    Hell, he wouldn’t even pay Mike D’Antoni.

Fertitta said D’Antoni was offered a base salary of $5 million with an additional $1 million bonus for every round of the playoffs the Rockets won. That base salary would be a raise from his current contract ($4.5 million).

Warren LeGarie: “I’d like clear up some inaccuracies that were stated about the offer made to Mike,” LeGarie said. “The reported $5 million is really $2.5 million because it comes with contingencies. One, it’s only $5 million if he makes the playoffs and two, if he is coaching the team at the end of the year.

“If they decide to fire Mike in the proverbial change of direction he gets $2.5 million. If there is an injury or a change in the roster construction, of which Mike has no control, he nonetheless would become a victim of it.”

LeGarie also said the $1 million bonus for each round of the playoffs the Rockets reached in that season would begin with the second round.

_______

“I made Mike a great extension offer. It was one of the better base salaries in basketball but also had the highest incentives in basketball. Mike could make 4 million in incentives. Business is business.”

“I’m a very incentive-based guy. If you perform, I want you to do unbelievable.”

Same for JVG. “Yeah JVG! Hire JVG!” Bring back JVG!” You think he’s leaving his comfy, high paying TV job to come work for the Rockets out of the bottom of his heart?

Frank Vogel, sounds about right. :rolleyes:

#235 J.R., Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    i3artow i3aller and Nook like this.
  16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Interview

-Mahmoud Abdelfattah
    -Quin Snyder
    -Becky Hammon
    -Sam Cassel
    -Nick Nurse

JW86, xaos and groovemachine like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

This is false.
    Morey had already told Harden that the Rockets would most likely not be able to get Westbrook and he was fine with it.
    Morey and Harden had a very good relationship (and still do).
    It was Tilman Fertitta that FORCED the Westbrook trade to happen at any cost. He even bragged about it when he felt the trade looked good.
    Morey and Brown and D'Antoni told Fertitta that the cost was way too high but Tilman did not care because he felt Paul needed to be traded. Tilman had complained about Paul the prior season and it is documented. He wanted out of that contract.
    Morey luckily was able to talk the Thunder into some top 4 protections, but Fertitta wanted the deal done regardless.
    Yes, Fertitta was cheap. He didn't go into the luxury tax with a top team.
    He let Ariza walk away, he insisted on trading assets to get rid of Anderson to save him money.
    He also didn't approve a trade for JaMychal Green and other's until it was too late, because of money.

The Westbrook situation is squarely on the shoulders of ownership.

18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

:eek:

Morey should have threatened to resign, a GM should have veto power over any trade an owner wants

i3artow i3aller and Nook like this.
  19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

No new, unproven guys!

Snyder is my top pick

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Some of us here have been saying this over and over for a few years now.

A real owner would have realized we were still close to a title team and locked MDA, Morey, Harden and CP3 in a room together and refused to let them out until they all got on the same page. Instead, Tilman's ego kept telling him to flex his muscles and demand the CP3 trade, and was so short-sighted about it he couldn't fathom how sending out 4 FRPs for Westbrook and his equally onerous contract made no sense at all.

Good try, @Nook, but it's useless. People believe what they want to believe, regardless of the facts.