1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Next 5 Games Mean Everything. I'm f'in serious.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Mar 22, 2017.

?

Record next 5 games?

1. 5-0

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. 4-1

42 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. 3-2

58 vote(s)
    40.3%
  4. 2-3

10 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. 1-4

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. 0-5

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I don't think this tough stretch "means everything", purely because we have a comfortable buffer in the standings. If we were battling for position then it'd be a different story.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really want to see the Rockets beat OKC for that nationally televised game. I am all-in for wanting Harden to get the MVP trophy, so a nice showing in that game will be big for the talking heads.

3. Garner

Garner Member

Houston is locked into the 3 seed. Roll out the Vipers for all i care.

The next 5 games could not mean less to me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we're ready to roll, now. I'm going with 4-1. I say we dispatch NO and OKC, while taking 2 out of 3 against GS and Portland. The push for all the marbles heats up, and we ride it into the playoffs with BIG MO.

[​IMG]

#24 Plowman, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    PyroTex, Fyreball and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets are still playing for the league's 3rd best record. That does mean something if they manage to get to the Finals and Cleveland is presumably waiting for them. And let's not forget Harden's MVP campaign. The Rockets' surprising record is a major reason he's the narrow frontrunner. So these aren't necessarily must-wins, but they're pretty damn important games nonetheless(especially the OKC and GS ones).

the shark likes this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

Excellent point, this could be a reversal of fortune where we look past NOP to our folly (happened recently), and end up winning one against GSW.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Guys, just because the #3 seed is all but locked up, doesn't mean the Rockets should just coast to the end of the season. They need to be playing sharp ball. They can't just "turn it on" when the playoffs start. Being on a roll and in a rhythm to end the season and going into the playoffs means something. No bad habits.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly, that's why the experimenting with something new posts didn't really make much sense. Other than a known rest before hand guys that haven't played should not be playing aka end of bench guys at this point

9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

2-3. I'm just not seeing any recent indication that the team has learned all that much from "bad" losses like Indiana, Utah and New Orleans. Yeah, we're all a bit more upbeat than usual after Harden hitting a game winner, but that shouldn't have even been a close game.

I'll be happy to be wrong, but right now I think "struggles in the second round" is quite what I'd expect too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I agree that we still have to see some consistency with this team in terms of defensive focus, and taking care of the ball, but why shouldn't it have been close against the Nuggets?? Denver has the 3rd best offense in the league, young guys who can run and gun in the open court, knock-down shooters, and a big man that has elite scoring ability. Denver has been on a tear since the ASB, and is most likely going to end up in the playoffs. Beating that team 2 games in a row is an absolute accomplishment.

And out of the next 5 games, the New Orleans game worries me the most. I'm seriously serious.

11. count_dough-ku

Denver was 7-2 in their 9 games prior to the 2 defeats to the Rockets.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

every single team has bad losses. houston isn't the only one. yes GS, SA, and Clev all have bad losses. what does this "struggles in the second round" even mean. you get down to the top 4 teams in the conference. Of course it's supposed to be a struggle. You're playing the best teams. It's not supposed to be easy bc it for sure won't be

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Next five games mean nothing in my opinion. The Rockets are locked into the 3rd seed, so there isn't much to play for. Rockets will probably win two or three games.

14. count_dough-ku

Again, yes there is something to play for. The Rockets finishing with a better record than Cleveland does matter. And for those who prefer Memphis in Round 1(I'm not one of them, BTW), it wouldn't hurt to beat OKC on Sunday(plus it helps Harden's case for MVP).

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I'd like to see coach play with different line ups and rotations in the next five games.

See how they hold up against good teams. It'll be valuable come playoff time. Run some new sets, get more versatile

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

in the context of the poll:

Struggles in the second round = probably not getting out of the second round.

Struggles in the first round = more than a small chance of loosing in the first round

Every team has bad losses, The rockets have more the GS, and SA.

More importantly, the rockets have shown extreme volatility in there style of play. More dramatically than GS or SA.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

no you do not experiment at game 70 in the season. This isn't your local rec game

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

inb4 @DreamShook

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

when it comes to losses, that's not bad at all when you can only single out those two teams especially when I see only 1 star on this one while others field multiple

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

except this.. chill out with this.

hakeem94 likes this.