1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The newest Rocket: Brodric Thomas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

But is he T H I C C

D-rock and saleem like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

They all do the same thing in that they are 6'5 projects the Rox are kicking the tires on to see if there is anything there. From what I understand most if not all of these are prospective 3nD guys you might claim they all have defensive nuances like Nwaba better at 1-3, Tate 3-5 but the Rox arent gonna cater to their specific strengths cuz as you said they dont know who will pan out. Getting like 6 guys but all for the same role as prospective 3nD I mean then its hard to find PT to see what they can do cuz all they in the same position. For example if Rox had 2 blowout games they could have played all the prospects and see what they can do if they all played different roles but now maybe around half would see PT.

I know the 6'5 prospect is like the sweet spot cuz he can play 2-4 but damn pretty much all our prospects are in this role. Dont forget Harden, EG, House and Mac also fit in this role wtf. Somebody to give Caboclo some pressure in practice would be nice or maybe a backup pg in case Russ goes down with injury.

I would rather the Rox just wait till SL/Preseason and then jump on promising guys then. Dont understand why we gave unproven guys multiple year deals either. Like Tate shot 27% from 3 in 4 yrs of college but somehow he got a 3 yr deal off the bat. If he sucks ass or gets clowned by Brogdon or KMart Jr we still stuck with him for 3 years unless Rox eats his cap hit.

#62 roslolian, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Playmaking is not all about assist and we all know Orlando has had a pg problem since forever.

It's amazing you want to make AG into this Lebron lite, keep up the good fight.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Draymond played at the highest level of competition and was a major factor on a good team unlike these guys but I get the point.

I actually like bringing in a lot of these types, I thought that was lacking by Morey or he did not scout these types well.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I make the argument because Gordon is not asked to do a lot of primary ball handling and the original argument was Greens overall skill level not playmaking ability but I will concede that maybe I am not giving Gordon his due but I just don't see Gordon as being able to initiate offense like Green can do.

I also see Green as having a better handle, this is not to say I think Green is a better player just has a better all around offensive skill set.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I'm a contrarian because I think Green is a better playmaker than Gordon?

Really?

How did I stick my foot in my mouth?

Because Gordon has a slightly better percentage than Green or 1 more assist?

Somebody got their cranky pants on.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why is he not being talked about more?

Truman State! Haha.

I never thought I'd say this as a Rockets fan, but is sucks that there's no summer league.

8. Nook

Nook Member

No question that Green played at a higher level, and he also is bigger and longer.

Daryl Morey would bring in guys with high upside but high bust rate.

The Rockets should really bring in Zhaire Smith, he has a higher upside and better chance of success.

saleem and jiggyfly like this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

doesn't look bad tbh. 3 point % is worrisome but it does look like he was taking a lot of contested 3s.. which wouldn't happen on the rockets.

we really need one of these rando combo guards to come through and take pressure off our over 30 club (WB,harden,gordon).

D-rock likes this.
  10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i think the problem is that he would be a negative in WB lineups. he'd be great in Harden ones though.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's another 6'4 signing (Jerian Grant), bringing total to 15.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure he'd be a negative in Russ lineups, both are elite Grab and Go (full court)/Show and Go (half court) players. The pace would be insane with the 2 in same line up.

But I agree, AG would be absolutely weaponized playing next to Harden.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

So now you are moving goal posts because you got caught with your pants down?

We were comparing AG to Jeff Green (not Lebron), and you shat the bed.

AGAIN.

Own up to it and take the L.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are a contrarian because you take a side without doing your due diligence.

No one cares if YOU believe that Jeff Green is a better playmaker than Aaron Gordon.

Anyone who watches the game can see you are ignorant taking this stance AND the past performance/stats just bear that out.

You have no leg to stand on but you have an agenda and will keep trying to push your BS narrative.

You must have your reasons to continue arguing this nonsense but no one cares.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does Lebron have to do with anything?

You don't even realize me and the other poster had a discussion about these guys weeks ago.

Talk about putting your foot in your mouth and pulling your own pants down.

See what happens when you get caught up in your feelings?

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's obvious that you care.

And me and the other poster had this debate before and I used video as well to make my point.

It's embarrassing that you think stats can tell the whole story.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Its embarrassing that you talk out of your ass, get caught and still defend the indefensible.

Aaron Gordon is a better playmaker than Jeff Green.

FACT.

Take your L.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL - you cant even keep track of your own lies now. YOU mentioned that I was pushing AG as Lebron lite.

YOU did that because you had to move goal posts because you tried to add your 2 cents to something you failed to do your research on and got shown up.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's funny that you care this much.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok you got me.

I'm bored with this and you.:rolleyes: