1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The myth that James Harden isn't or hasn't been clutch in his career ends right now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, Mar 30, 2022.

1. the shark

the shark Member

WTF???

Was that comment necessary??

Slyonebluejay, RKREBORN and Roomba like this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

nice, that's straight up racist

Slyonebluejay and RKREBORN like this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Someone with positive experiences with women wouldn't refer to them as "females"...just saying.

I was honestly cool with whatever until you exposed yourself with those homophobic and racist comments. I love videogames too, I love anime and basketball and all that nerdy ****. But I'm also happy with myself and my life and don't need to live vicariously through a basketball player. You sound like an incel, and your gematria schtick is ridiculous.

I don't think you'll be here for much longer anyway, but good luck dealing with whatever issues you have outside of this forum.

Slyonebluejay and RKREBORN like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i was coming to say that hardon disappears in the clutch, but it had ended on page 1

5. HardenVolumeOne

yes it was

6. Landry's Tooth

How does that make him a better player?

7. HardenVolumeOne

Stay in the garm

Jontro likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was kind of a joke. sorry

9. Landry's Tooth

I wasn't aware cp3 was voted an allstar... i would have thought that would show up on reference...

Disgruntlement seems to be nonstop since he left... he never was as good as 2009-11 Dwight again...

I'm still not sure what your point is... Dwight wasn't happy but his play still helped Harden as if he was a star at 14 points 11 rebounds per game for 2 years?

You admit he wasn't playing to his potential and then you argue Harden had a star next to him those other years...

Just weird man, let it go... you misspoke...

HP3 likes this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

Got it.. it's the old Horry > MJ because more rings...

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He wasn't voted an all-star. Look how many games he missed to start the season. But he was absolutely playing all-star caliber basketball.

My point is that Harden has had help, but he sabotaged it.

I didn't misspeak at all. Dwight played great for us until he lost his motivation, something Harden had a hand in. You can't criticize Harden's supporting cast when he's actively alienating them (Dwight, CP3, Westbrook).

12. swakid8

swakid8 Member

These Harden threads are ridiculous. Triggered much? To the point where multiple threads must be created?
    Narrative has always been about Harden not showing up in moments when it mattered the most.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Prospects for Harden turning around his rep aren’t looking good. I had feint hopes that he’d have a resurgence in Philly, but after an initial honeymoon period he is again struggling it looks like.

Maybe he gets lucky with the playoff draw. All the teams in the East seem very beatable.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

The results are the results. If a player plays worse because of his emotions then that's a flaw in the player that has to be taken into account.

You are also speculating that on the info you have which isn't very much... you weren't there...

Chris Paul was good, but injuries do factor in when discussing help for Harden. How much help was Paul when he was in street clothes?

I feel like you're just looking at names and not how they played.

Personally i think paul should have been allstar but westbrook shouldn't have... it's about a wash either way...

Stop pretending the shell of dwight howard or an older chris paul for almost 2 seasons is the same as Pippen in his prime for many years in a row...

15. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Harden with another gem. Dude is WASHED.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty ironic that a thread titled "myth about Harden's clutchness" is the 'hottest' thread in the Dish right as he's probably having the worst stretch of 4th quarters in his career, up to this point.

This thread is a jinx.

Sep11ie and HP3 like this.
  17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Absolutely. Dwight deserves criticism for being unmotivated. Just like Harden deserves criticism for being a bad teammate to Dwight. You don't think other stars in the league noticed that?

About the same amount of help that Harden was to Durant last year against Milwaukee.

And I feel like you're fixated on how they played in their final year with us as opposed to when they joined us.

Stop pretending that 2014 Dwight wasn't playing at a HOF level.

Stop pretending that an "older" Chris Paul wasn't a highly impactful player. It's been 3 years since he was traded. In that time, he's earned 2 all-nba selections and 3 all-star selections.

Also, stop implying that Jordan's effectiveness was due to Pippen. That's simply ignorant.

18. Landry's Tooth

I never implied solely Pippen. Jordan also had a hall of fame coach. Stop pretending Dwight was a hall of famer for all 3 years in Houston...

Harden not suiting up now is irrelevant to his past accomplishments... no need to bring up random things to distract...

How do you know Harden was a bad teammate to Dwight? Dwight seemed more upset with the organizational philosophy of fewer post ups and more pick and roll. That's Dwight not buying into a system, not Harden hurting his feelings.

You're just all over the place coming up with excuses as to how your misguided statements are relevant...

HP3 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Never pass up an opportunity to stir the pot.

Are you really white knighting for Howard.

Really my guy?

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I haven't come close to implying this. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Also, Jordan was averaging over 50% from the field in the playoffs before Phil Jackson came along.

You brought up CP3's injury. Why can't I bring up Harden's?

Harden was a bad teammate to Dwight b/c he didn't support Dwight. Obviously, Dwight was promised a featured offensive role. He was a highly coveted free agent. He wouldn't have signed with us otherwise.

Do you really think other stars didn't notice that Rockets management was breaking it's promise to Dwight and Harden didn't stand up for his teammate?

I'm sorry you're incapable of seeing the big picture.