1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The myth that James Harden isn't or hasn't been clutch in his career ends right now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Landry's Tooth

So one season he was good (as i said) but the other 2 he wasn't, so that proves me wrong?

The other 2 seasons: 14.4 / 11.3 is a hall of famer?

2. HardenVolumeOne

Once again I gotta call bullshit

these are the kind of fouls Jordan got in the PLAYOFFS, jordan would be hated if he played in the Adam silver era

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He was playing at a HOF level when he joined us. Since Harden directly contributed to Dwight's downfall, it's unfair to criticize the caliber of Harden's teammates.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I watched the first half of that. Those were legit fouls. As a defender, you're not allowed to use your hands to impede the ball-handlers movement.

At the 1:36 mark, there was a clear foul that wasn't called. Jordan drove to the basket, and the defender put his forearm into Jordan hip to redirect him.

5. HardenVolumeOne

nice revisionist history you have there, dwights downfall started after he injured his back doing that stupid superman dunk in the dunk contest. then he forced the magic to fire stan van gundy and asked out, and got shipped to the lakers were he and kobe got in fights all the time. By the time howard got to houston he had already endured multiple back surgeries.. Morey was just desperate to get any star to pair with harden, no matter how injured they were. Morey always took risk on talent over injuries/character

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

How is it revisionist history? In his first year with us, Dwight was an all-star who made the all-NBA 2nd team. That's HOF level.

It was common knowledge that Dwight became disgruntled due to his lack of post touches.

7. HardenVolumeOne

lol, harden NEVER got regular season fouls in the playoffs

Isnt that what you harden haters like to tell us, playoff fouls are different from regular season fouls. Which always made no sense to me, because in no other sport does the rules change from playoff to regular season haha. Its like saying a ball and strike in baseball is different in the playoffs when stats shows not even a 1% difference in strike and ball percentage. Or if the nfl allowed you to hit the qb harder in the playoffs than they do in the regular season.. lol tom brady is gonna get a roughing the passer call regardless if its regular season or playoffs. So why does the nba go out of their way to make up new rules to screw harden in the playoffs. Once again its not making sense

#107 HardenVolumeOne, Mar 31, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  8. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

**** James Harden.

RKREBORN and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

so why is harden not having an issue feeding embiid in the post. Harden is smart and knew dwight is nothing more than an althetic rim runner. Dwight allowed shaq to get in his head. Thats whats so funny, the media has been trying to get in hardens head for years, they even named him shaqtin a fool mvp to try and ruin his career. And what does harden do, he makes it work with dantoni when everybody and they momma was saying that harden was like melo and kobe and they would clash lol. Harden also proved them wrong with working with cp3, so now that they cant get their way and seeing harden fail on the court. they are just gonna make new points of emphasis to screw his game. They cant **** him up in the mind, so they have to get physical and abandon the freedom of movement they put in place for teams like the warriors. Its pathetic, and they also said embiid and harden wasnt gonna work out. Ben taylor has the warriors so far up his ass crack, he cant see that he was wrong about harden being portable, and the harden comparison to westbrook are just baseless. Harden has never hqad a true shooting percentage lower than 59.. and i dont think russ has ever reach that high of of true shooting percentage( so that right there kills the comparison because westbrook cant shoot)

10. HardenVolumeOne

i know you wish you could

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Because Embiid is much, much, much better at it. Also, Harden is clearly past his prime.

A motivated Dwight was far more impactful than an unmotivated Dwight, right? We can agree on this? Taking away Dwight's post touches may have improved our offense, but it weakened our defense since an unmotivated Dwight didn't care. To me, this resulted in a net loss.

Harden actually proved them right. They did clash in the 2nd year.

Yes, it's widely known that playoff fouls are different than regular fouls. This has been the case since before Harden so it's not a new "rule". Harden is the poster child for it because he's the only superstar whose offense is overly reliant on foul-baiting tactics.

12. HardenVolumeOne

dwight was a shitty post player.. embiid is a natural

and harden is just battling injury( he aint washed up), plus the league is corrupt and targeted him to start the season. Its a league wide conspiracy againist harden haha. cant you see it, from the rules changes to the bias media coverage. Harden doesnt kiss lebron or durant ass, so he has to be buried by klutch sports and team nike

yea the 2006 finals really showed that regualr season fouls and playoffs are the same lol... stop it while you are ahead brotha you aint gonna win. I got footage of wade going to the line 20 plus times againist the mavs and the in the ecf againist the pistons...

Harden is the issue, they need steph curry to be better than him. Thats why they ****ed with the rules

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What rule changes? "Playoff fouls" aren't rule changes since they pre-date Harden.

14. HardenVolumeOne

so wade averaging 20 free throws in the finals in 2006 was playoff fouls

lets ask josh howard what he thought about them calls lol

also why are we supposed to feel sorry for the 2002 kings, the 2007 suns, and the 2006 mavs when the 2018 rockets got screwed just as hard. Everytime morey brought up how many missed calls were in game 6 and 7 he was seen as whining lol.... i think its because those 3 teams i named had mostly white players as their stars.. and the 2018 rockets were team darkskin getting screwed by team lightskin

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Are you seriously trying to prove a point by referencing a series that everyone considers to be rigged?

And how do you reconcile that against the 2006 Finals? Was Wade not dark enough? Or was Dirk not white enough?

16. Landry's Tooth

You are making up that i had claimed otherwise. I said Howard had a single allstar season.

Projecting what he did for other teams as helping Harden is dumb...

17. HardenVolumeOne

wade got a lot of regular season fouls in the finals... so they used to call them equally until harden was dominating the league.. They never feared harden by himself, but when he got with cp3 they screwed them out of a title

20-24 from the line in game 5 lol .. harden could never get that today, and wade like michael jordan would be hated if they played today. ALso i just realized that the league completely screwed and blackballed avery johnson... sad ****

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I haven't made anything up. You compared Dwight/CP3/Westbrook joining the Rockets to McGrady joining the Spurs. You also said that Howard wasn't playing at a HOF level when he joined Houston, and he clearly was.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Sorry, but that's just stupid. You're using an outlier series that everyone thinks was rigged and trying to act as if that's the status quo?

Be better.

20. HardenVolumeOne

what is you're explaination as to how wade and kobe got so many free-throws in the playoffs like they got in the regular season under stern