1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The myth that James Harden isn't or hasn't been clutch in his career ends right now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, Mar 30, 2022.

1. HardenVolumeOne

finals mvps have been given out for the longest, every great player is supposed to win it.. unless you got to 1981 when cedric maxwell won it over larry legend

iggy was more important in the 2015 finals than curry, the warriors were 10 points better with iggy on the court than the cavs lol

2. Landry's Tooth

Curry was the 3rd best shooting Curry last i checked... i think Steve Novak out shoots him... Kerr for sure...

He's not above average in any other facet of his game and has to be surrounded by allstars and a system designed to illegally give him separation to shoot...

I think he a wonderful role player but not much more... if Eric Gordon shot 4% better from 3 he would be a better player than Curry...

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Firstly, Harden has had HOF teammates (Howard, CP3, Westbrook).

Secondly, don't act as if Jordan consistently underperformed on the big stage. Look at his stats against the Lakers in 1991. He averaged 31 ppg while shooting almost 56% from the field. In 1992 against the Blazers? 36 ppg while shooting 53% from the field and 43% from the 3pt line. In 1993 against the Suns? 41 ppg while shooting 51% from the field and 40% from the 3pt line.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Could the Warriors have beaten the Cavs w/o Iggy on the court? Maybe, maybe not. Could they have beaten them w/o Curry on the court? Zero chance.

Again, given the number of voters, the FMVP isn't that significant. Also, Parker won one over Tim Duncan.

5. Landry's Tooth

[​IMG]

6. Landry's Tooth

Is that a second place trophy for shooting in the curry family?

He's behind joe harris still...

Clearly not for defensive skills, rebounding, passing, or anything else... i take that back, father of the year trophy for making his kids visible to the public to boost his social media numbers?

7. Landry's Tooth

Howard was coming off back surgery and was only an allstar once. He was the only allstar Harden played with until Chris Paul who got hurt.

Westbrook has always been a stat hog and not a good player. Was he an allstar with Harden?

What you're doing is saying the spurs had a hall of famer when they picked up McGrady... when guys are past their prime it's not the same as prime Pippen...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

I'm not sure what your Jordan point is? Ignore his bad games and Harden's good games?

The numbers are the numbers. MJ had clunkers more often than Harden...

9. Landry's Tooth

Are you really comparing prime Pippen with bad back Dwight Howard, old Chris Paul, and old Westbrook?

Dantoni to Phil Jackson?

What's your point in doing so, to look foolish?

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Is it your contention that the three of them weren't playing at a HOF level when they joined the Rockets?

Westbrook is debatable, but Howard and CP3 most definitely were.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I provided the series stats for Jordan's first 3 finals appearances.

The fact that you thought I was cherry-picking his good games speaks volumes.....

12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Wait are we talking about Steph curry?

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Howard lost his motivation after the Rockets became "Harden's team" and his post touches were limited. Did you forget how dominant he was against the Blazers in the playoffs?

Indeed he was.

14. Landry's Tooth

Uh clearly not... i could be wrong, but i think Howard failed to make the allstar game all but once in Houston. I think Paul was 1 for 2... i don't think Westbrook made it...

AS games are a low bar... Pippen was 5 for 6 on those during their championship years...

15. Landry's Tooth

Ok, so you ignored all the bad series he had?

Thanks for admitting you were cherry picking...

16. Landry's Tooth

I stand corrected, steph did pass dell.. stilla point behind his brother...

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes, you're wrong.

18. Landry's Tooth

Howard was an 18/13 guy in Orlando with elite defense... not so much in Houston...

His 16 / 11.7 was down due to minutes... comparable numbers to Capela right now... capela better in rebounds and one fewer point...

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I figured the finals would be the most pressure-filled/difficult series which is why I chose them.

Again, the fact that you thought I was cherry-picking his good games speaks volumes.....

20. Landry's Tooth

Thanks confirming i was right...

I noticed you dropped the Harden's coaching was as good as Jordan's point you were implying...