1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The most speculative thread ever....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston_Rockets, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Houston_Rockets

I know this is probably the most speculative thread ever, but I came up with this roster:

Thabeet / Hill / Hayes
    Cousins / Paterson / Hayes
    T.Will / Budinger / Stanley Robinson (D-league)
    Mayo / Lee / Jerel McNeal (D-league)
    Rubio / Smith / Jerel McNeal (D-league)

(signing battier next year for cheap, because this team would nead more then Hayes leadership)

Two questions:

Do you think that we have enough assets to make it happen???

And if you think so, would you gut our team to make it happen (do you think this team has talent, not to win it all tomorrow, but to start improving and with some minor adjustments be a REAL contender in the future)???

(sorry speculating so much, but some of these players have been mentioned before as possible DM targets, and I just wanted to know if you guys think they can make a team, it is easy to find young talent out there, what is difficult is to assemble a team of young studs, with all kinds of personalities, chemistry can be a problem, or player that are very similar, so...)

Peace

2. srrono

srrono Member

lol this isnt NBA 2K11

3. TMacAttack

TMacAttack Member

Not to be a dick or anything but damn...lmao

4. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Best thread ever!!!

5. srrono

srrono Member

how about this

pg Cris Paul
    sg Russell Westbroo
    sf Blake Griffin
    pf Kevin Love
    c Dwight Howard

just as likely to happen

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

straight lotterybound for at least 3 years....Why not just switch franchises with the Kings....but interesting trade options

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It'd help if we knew what you traded to acquire those players. And once you figure that out, feel free to put it in the Random Trade Ideas thread where it belongs.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not enough talent.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why would you even do that? There's no reason to go that young and it's not realistic anyway.

10. Houston_Rockets

Thanks for making me wake up, I thought this was nba 2k b-ball, and I thought I was DM 4real

Never did I say that this is the best option, this thread is a direct result of our interest in some of these players, and what I wanted to know is if you thought this was a talented, balanced roster. I saw alot of people being happy when these guys were mentioned, so this is not an all of a sudden idea that I had.

We would go that young, because to acquire Thabeet and Mayo we would probably have to trade Martin, for cousins we would probably have to trade Scola, it is not a mater of option, to get these young studs we would have to trade the proven player we have, because or young guys are still low value.

One thing no one mentioned, it is easier to trade for a star, if you have a star yourself or if you have a young stud...... I think that atleast Rubio and Cousins could be young studs that teams like Denver, NO, Indiana etc, would love if they ever traded the franchise player they have....

PeAcE

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They expressed interest in these guys separately, not as a whole team. It wasnt rubio, cousins, oj, etc...it was just one they wanted...couldnt and then they tried for another and so on. Adding them up isn't necessarily going to give you a good roster or something Morey was after.

12. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Why do you want to keep Chase

13. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Congratulations. You have just resurrected the Charlotte Hornets.

14. J-Man

J-Man Member

that squad is even worse than last year's nets...

15. Houston_Rockets

I know it man, my point is not to say that Morey is trying to assemble this roster simply because supposedly they have showed interest in all of them individually, my point was, what do you think about all of them together, curiosity....

People are posting like this team is trash, and untalented team that would not give you a shot at a star, but my point is simple, you only trade a superstar for a Young stud or a star, and with this "roster" we could have 2 studs, a defensive minded stud center, and 2 very talented young guys.

I don´t want to maintain BUD, the problem is: What would teams give for him right now??? NOTHING.

I will make some questions for people to understand my point:

Do you think that guys like Martin, Scola, Yao(expiring contract), AB, have a big chance to land you a superstar??? I am not trashing them, the problem is, teams want young studs or stars for them, and unfortunately we don´t have them.

Do you think that the Houston Rockets will ever tank??? Houston is not a losing organization, it is not the mentality, and I think that is great IMO

My theory is simple, if I am DM (maybe I am), I would try to steal young studs from bad unorganized organizations

Is it easy??? No

But it is easier then trading for superstars, and if can land young studs, and if you don´t manage to trade for a superstar, your future is still bright

as opposed to

Having above average, 27+ year old, 10M+, players that are not great but they sure are good, try to trade for a superstar, and if you are not able to do so, you are stuck in the middle of no mans land...

PeAcE

16. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Guys, I'm pretty sure that 'Houston_Rockets' is really Daryl Morey.

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Just to put it down on the internetz, Danny Granger is not a franchise player. That is all.

18. Houston_Rockets

Was talking about james Posey

PeAcE

19. Houston_Rockets

But 4real, don´t you think that we should try to steal young studs from bad unorganized organizations, and then try to go after the big Fish???

That is why OKC has a great future, they have a young very talented squad, and if something goes wrong, they can easily say, hey we trade Westbrook for CP3/D.Will, and I am pretty sure that NO and Jazz would jump on the deal (this happens if they get unhappy)

But hey, if DM can land a superstar with our current roster, he is officially a genius....

PeAcE