1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Mexico City screw job.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 21, 2016.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Probably to busy watching the Rockets game.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That video looks like it's before the game, not after. Remember, it was downhill to the stadium and uphill to the locker room.

3. Buck Turgidson

Yes, that was before the game. Big difference.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Chalk LOL, they don't use chalk anymore they paint the field. If you really think that's chalk flying up then there must be chalk all over the damn field because I saw all types of "chalk" flying up the entire game all over that shitty field.

RocketJedi and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. conquistador#11

if anything the 'fairy dust' shows even more that he was not out of bounds. he was tip toeing the heel never plants on the line.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

An Osweiler that probably should've had 2-3 picks instead of 1? Yeah, he completed more passes that were dink and dunk, but that's about all he did better. He almost screwed up the fact that we had a goal line TD and almost got screwed up because of Brock which continues to happen every game this season whenever they get into the Red Zone.

I hate scapegoating the refs, and the controversial calls were not clear and concisely against the Texans. They were all close.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I heard they told the players not to get room service because of robbery. Who knew they were talking about the Refs.

Creepy Crawl and Torn n Frayed like this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

The more i read the posts and see the replays the more this game pisses me off. Were we perfect? No. Could we have overcome it and still won? Yes. But that was a 0% chance to win game according to every analyst, and we were fighting through it. We were close and the timing of that disgusting display of reffing was horrible. I have seen blown calls before, but this was making sure one team won and that is inexcusable.

It's not that the refs cost us the game and our coaching and QB play was otherwise perfect. It's that the refs blatantly went out there to make us lose any chance they got. In other words, even if we had won this game I would be upset and be calling for some kind of answer from the NFL.

Pen15clubber and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  9. conquistador#11

same goes for carr, 2 passes more that should have been picked off, the bounce off from hal and the one just missed by bouye jumping a route.
    Every qb has passes that get close to being ints. But that's why the defenders play defense and not offense.

jelanit and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. SuraGotMadHops

Extremely well said. BOB gaffed no doubt, but the refs undoubtedly made it more difficult on the Texans, and BOB's mistakes should not bail out the ref's shady behavior. When it's that bad and overwhelmingly against one team, it's either intentional, or they are moronically stupid and incapable. Not sure which is worse, but I'm more inclined to think it was the former - too frequent, too one-sided.

houstonstime likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...or-why-deandre-hopkins-didnt-get-a-touchdown/

12. Buck Turgidson

No ****, Blandino, we know all that. The beef is why they blew the play dead if it's that close and is clearly going to be a touchdown. It's the same thing with fumble/down-by-contact. Let it play out and then review it, why that's not a point of emphasis for your zebras I have no idea.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

So, your respect-level for McNair drops from 1 to 0.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

NBA - rigged
    NFL - rigged
    MLB - no salary cap

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Except he keeps saying the heel was down, contrary to the side view which showed he was on his toes and green space between the foot and the sideline. I completely understood last night why the play wasn't review able but it was still a bad call. Add to that the obviously bad calls in the 4th and you get all the conspiracy stuff coming today.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Here's another

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Here's a clip of it. Clearly incidental contact and in no way PI

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not entirely...but we lost by the exact same amount of points that were taken off the board on the Hopkins play in the 1st. They sure as s*** played a HUGE part in it.

I'm also calling BULLS**T on NFL Security. It's a fuc*ing laser beam and is pretty damn easy to find out where it's coming from. There's no excuse to have not shut that down quickly.

19. conquistador#11

I like the comments on that post... if they missed obvious calls how can we expect them to call the covering of a TE.