1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Mexico City screw job.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It was Braxton Miller. That was also a horrendous spot.

Also, there should have been a delay of game on the Raiders just before the teo minute warning. Would have stopped the clock with like 2:15 left, and given them a second and twelve.

Aside from all of that, the video of the refs giving out high fives to Raiders players in the tunnel after the game is the most damning thing from the night..

They should be suspended for that alone.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

You can rattle off whatever you want, I didn't read that ****. I believe my eyes, my eyes tell me that they can barely beat cream puff teams but even with the lead after dominating all game long they come undone in the fourth. So yippee the Texans won three quarters last night, the Raiders won the game. And you can blame the refs all you want but good teams and good coaching can overcome blown calls and bad teams blame the refs

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

based on what happened when they did, doubt Texans would have won any spot challenges

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Did you guys see on that 4th down spot when they brought the chains out and measured? It looked to be like the football was touching the first down marker. Isn't that supposed to be a first down?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

[​IMG]

Hard to tell. What I want to know is, why is the referee's hand on the ball? As close as that was, he could have easily tilted the ball back for the measurement not to make the first down. I've never seen an official pit his hand on the ball when measuring distance...

The other thing that picture shows, is just how bad the spot was. Hicks wasn't that close to the solid line (whatever marker it was...the 15 or 20) by any means. He was well beyond it.

[​IMG]

Absurd. He landed on Prosch's back before his knee hit...

Just watched the video of the measurement. Infuriates me even more:

The stick comes over, it looks really close, the ref with the hand on the ball moves it towards the Texans when he sees how close it is, tipping the nose of the ball away from the marker. Hopkins comes in, looks at it, seems to think it's a first down (it certainly looks like it), they move him out of the way, and then they call it Raiders' ball, and someone, who i assume is Hopkins yells, "That's Bullsh!T" about four times in a row.

Sad, really. I lost a lot of respect for the NFL last night.

#65 Two Sandwiches, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Torn n Frayed likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

if i'm brock i tell the league my eyes have been damaged and request a dark visor from now on. So much for dbs reading the qbs eyes. what is the nfl going to say..no? after letting that trash happen last night. =)

7. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

So taking 4 points off the board, instead of getting 10 yards the refs expect the Texans to get 11 yards for a first down...this is the NFL where there is parody and teams are good and small things and a play here or there does impact the game and to expect to go beyond what is needed to win is on the refs.

Go tell every other NFL team that's the rules they need to play by to win and most teams won't win. God forbid if this was a playoff game or super bowl where these things happen so blatantly there would be a riot.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Someone on the Texans really needs to rip the NFL one...take the heat...accept a fine...b/c last night was crooked. Vegas had to cover last night...Thats all I will say about the spread (-6.5 Oakland)

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Now THAT IS FUNNY

10. Nook

Nook Member

Classic and predictable Texans outcome.

Having said that, the Texans deserve credit for competing and going up in the second half.

The issue with O'Brien rears it's ugly head again, but in fairness to him, even with his questionable decisions, this team would have the Raiders record with a slightly above average QB.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hop may have been out of bounds after all, you can see the chalk flying up in this gif

[​IMG]

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dude, I know what you're trying to do, and it isn't going to work. You're trying to be the "objective" one. Except in this case, you're wrong. Brock did NOT have a bad game. In fact, if this is the Osweiler we're going to get for the remainder of the season, we should be favorites in every game we play.

13. Commodore

he now has super powers

[​IMG]

14. Two Sandwiches

I saw that, too. I don't think his heel hit. It's highly questionable, though. I think what it comes down to is that the play should have been let go. Then reviewed.

As far as what flies up - it's hard to tell if it's chalk or not. Two or three steps in that God, something flies up. Some of them are not near chalk.

15. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans don't play anyone over .500% the rest of the season.

16. Commodore

re Hopkins play, this is a definitive angle, he was in

[​IMG]

17. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I will not watch the NFL again. It was pretty blatant all night, especially when Tirico and Chucky in the booth all night are saying how bad it was.

18. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I want to see a gif of this angle. I think this play was one of the lesser issues from the game.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

LJ #2 - Bart Longson blew the play dead...on the Hopkins TD
    FJ #82 - Buddy Horton intentional marked the ball short of the sticks...TWICE.
    Also of note...Almost all of the crew are California natives...

YEP zero bias there at all.

20. jsingles

jsingles Member

[​IMG]

That's the third down play. He made it, and it wasn't even close.

Pen15clubber and Torn n Frayed like this.