1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Mess in Puerto Rico. No power on the whole island for 4-6 mos.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Sep 22, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Suggesting you support a self-centered scumbag like Trump is pretty low of him, I agree.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Your initial post was flat out wrong. Your second post should at least mention two strong hurricanes back to back. Because that's what happened.

"I don't see how an island in the Caribbean that is a US territory could be so unprepared for two strong hurricanes hitting back to back"

Is what you are saying. The validity of your statement becomes more questionable, but at least it is accurate.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, all 3 are valid statements, none of which being "wrong"....and you've done nothing but dodge the point of what I was saying in order to indulge in pedantry....I suppose I should expect that kind of nonsense from you by now.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No I'm holding you accountable for making half true statements. Your first post was wrong and now you're getting mad because I have to correct your statements for you.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They were all correct statements.....and you still haven't said anything of value related to any of those statements.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Saying that your first statement is a falsehood is adding value.

You implied that PR wasn't prepared for a strong hurricane due to what is happening there now. That's unprovable because that isn't what happened. They were unprepared for two strong hurricanes back to back. At best, your statement is a correct one that has nothing to do with the current situation whatsoever. At worst, it's just flat out wrong if you take a look at the previous single hurricanes that PR was able to withstand decently.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, I'm fine with you being stupid about this, it's to be expected from you, so either talk about the fact that the infrastructure of PR was unprepared to survive the storm....you know, what I'm talking about, or talk to yourself.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

First off mayor, if you want to cry that your citizens are starving and thirsty, don't wear earrings and clean clothes. Second, the food and water is stuck on your docks behind u.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It didn't take 9 days to get water to the Third Ward. Jesus you're a slimeball.

el gnomo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

ad hominem

11. CometsWin

I'll give you another one, douche.

Did it take 9 days to get water to any part of Houston?

BTW, 2000 people died because of the inaction in Katrina. I'm guessing if 2,000 people died in Houston Turner would have been quite a bit more outraged.

Douche.

el gnomo likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Was/Is the infrastructure of Houston as garbage as the infrastructure in PR? If 2,000 people died in Houston, we'd have Truner's head for it because it would have meant he failed the city. Of course, we know why you are taking the position you are, you can't help yourself but get wrapped up in tribalism.

13. Commodore

San Juan mayor is clearly out of her depth ala Nagin

Going on TV every chance she can get to grandstand and CYA rather than do her job.

meanwhile FEMA and military down there getting stuff done

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really? What part of her job has she not done? I think seeking needed aid and resources would be part of her job. It's what I would wish that any leader would do in a desperate situation.

15. CometsWin

Every chance she can get AFTER NINE FREAKING DAYS.

Loser.

Maybe if she went golfing and talked about what a great job they're doing then you'd be a big fan.

el gnomo likes this.
  16. Commodore

17. CometsWin

As if you needed any further example of what a bunch of fast food patriot, racist, slimeballs the Trupmanzees are, now we can add playing politics with the victims of natural disasters. Honestly, not even surprised. There's no line too far to cross for this crew.

18. Commodore

only person playing politics is San Juan mayor, everyone else was working hard and collaborating

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Is three-star General Buchanan a political puppet? He said that there are not enough resources there. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...co-hurricane-response/?utm_term=.5d95b5c8b75a

She didn't say anything that the military general appointed to oversee the situation didn't say. Yet she's been attacked. If the reporter from FOX news disagrees with the General that's on him. If the general is wrong, that doesn't make either him a political puppet.

el gnomo likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

As was she and the citizens of Puerto Rico contrary to what Trump tweeted.