1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Media's Bias and Race Baiting - Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FV Santiago, Jul 23, 2013.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

she was hispanic

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Black, hispanic... what's the difference?

1 person likes this.
  3. itstheyear3030

This has been repeated ad nauseum. It is not unusual for people to be prosecuted multiple times for the same sequence of events by state, federal, and civil parties. It's the way the American justice system is set up. It certainly is more publicized in this case, but it is not particularly unusual.

4. Granville

Granville Member

Ok..........:rolleyes:

5. itstheyear3030

Sorry, meant to respond to Thumbs post.

6. Granville

Granville Member

I said he did 2 out of 3 and it was a joke. He did stop and drop. TM's texts said he hid weed. Jeantel admitted on Piers Morgan that TM smoked weed regularly.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

she isnt 100% african... thats the difference

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You have tried time and time again to ascribe meaning to the verdict other than what the verdict means. That demonstrates either intellectual laziness or a poor grasp on basic civics. You have married yourself to that untenable position and, understandably, react poorly when somebody calls you out on it.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Once again you are an emotional little fella

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

And that makes it right? :rolleyes:

Well, in the case of Obama administration personnel, this could prove just.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

So Zimmerman and all saps in his shoes must perpetually be known as the one who was charged and tried but not convicted of murder? I think I'll just stick to INNOCENT-- especially since the charges were politically motivated. Some people who are not CONVICTED of a crime actually didn't commit the crime.

He's been through an ordeal himself and deserves better.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sorry, I guess I should have posted a rolling eyes emoticon. My post wasn't intended to belittle yours, rather the folks you were replying to...

13. Refman

Not emotional at all. I am simply trying to point out that you are presenting things as fact with no basis for doing so. You are the one who has responded by being snide. If anything, it is you who have exhibited the emotional response through your little tantrums.

14. Refman

Call it whatever you'd like. Legally, he has no different status following the trial than OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

kinda like Obama?

16. Granville

Granville Member

The Prosecution's case was built on trying to view the case from an emotional standpoint because that's all they had. The Prosecution Team shouted words that were used by GZ that witness testimony and audio tape proved were delivered without spite or hate you are so emotionally crippled over the verdict that you are still doing it in this thread.

The most critical juror stated that the case should never have gone to court. That's because the evidence to prove this under the law was not there. So stop trying to nitpick when you know damn well the jurors that have spoken out thought the prosecution did a bad job.

17. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Marriage #'s dont prove anything. I've hooked up with more white girls than black and I will not marry a white girl.

18. Nook

Nook Member

I am a trial attorney and refman is correct. Essentially it means that insufficient evidence was presented to meet the burden of proof. I have defended the jury finding, as I believe there indeed was insufficient proof for the charges filed, included the lesser charges.

1 person likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

The civil suit is completely fair game and I am sure will be filed in this case. Further the burden of proof is lower and I suspect that the Martin family will prevail. However the Federal suit would be a mistake based on the facts.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The same 25 ugly fat white chicks are banging around from hood to hood.