1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the Matt Bullard/Bill Worrell combo is boring

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kountzer, Oct 12, 2005.

1. nmercer

nmercer Member

Let me guess...you must be Clyde Drexler or Matt Bullard? Don't take it personal atleast you get a fat contract :)

2. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Calvin>>>>>>>>>>>>Bullard>>>>Van>>Clyde

That about sums it up, in my opinion.

Pugs

3. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

At least we don't have to listen to Calvin's constant talk about cookies and how goooood some dude looks in his uniform that night.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

No disrespect to one of my all-time favorite NBA players Clyde The Glyde Drexler, but...

OH GOD is he brutal to listen to. Seriously, I'm not just saying that to pile on. I listened last night with an open mind, hoping he would be better than I (and everyone else here) expected. No such luck.

When he was a player, he had the reputation of giving the most bland interviews with all the stereotypical overused cliche's. Now that he's an announcer, it's the same thing. I heard a ton of them last night.

Also, when he was coach at UH, he used to have a coaches show on Sunday nights on Channel 2. Several times, he didn't even show up and didn't call them to tell them either. They would go on the air live and say "Clyde, if you're out there, give us a call".

I wonder how committed he is to this, seeing as how he is only going to do home games. I wonder how many times he's going to do his patented 'no call no show' act to Bill.

Calvin had style, but more importantly, he also had substance. If you look past the goofy suits and chocolate chip cookies, he was really a great color man. He tells it like it is and isn't afraid to step on toes to do it. When the Rockets are playing bad, he says so and doesn't try to blame the refs like certain radio announcers...

BRING BACK CALVIN

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yep. The White Bread Duo.

Gotta get some Flava in there.

Excuse me, but wasn't Calvin ACQUITTED?!?!

THAT'S what I'M talkin' 'bout!

6. rocketsmetalspd

I wish Calvin would be brought back because this years crew will be boring. Just mute the tv and listen to the radio. :D

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

All this whining would stop if they brought back Cynthia Cooper!

Just kidding. Yes, bull and clyde are horrible. Bring back calvin or Van.

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

ouch...your BBS career is off to a bad start...how many games did he help us win?

9. tyedawonderboy

tyedawonderboy New Member

maybe we need to bring in Rudy T :p

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

I thinj a lot of us will be doing that this season. :D

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

I thing a lot of us will be doing that this season. :D

12. notthefullquid

notthefullquid Contributing Member

Not a nuisance at all in my opinion - if by nuisance, you mean 'accent', then I'll take an accent anytime over monotone. And the insight was priceless by Van, calling the plays before it happens and a perspective only a working coach can have (in addition to us not being on national televisin, Van could be a little more esoteric with basketball lingo and terms). I saw Van and Calvin as equal, so if Calvin is out, just bring back Van.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

wow. why do you choose bullard over van?

14. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

You all dissing Bullard can kiss my ass. If his commentary is dry it's probably because he's a little bit distracted trying to figure out how he's going to cure cancer, or what burning orphanage he should rescue that night. How many of you all have had a song written about you?

http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSjZFK1YA

You tell me where you can find a color commentator who can stroke the three, push the ball up the court, dunk from the top of the key, heal lepers, make the laim walk, and STILL crack jokes during a boring preseason game with the 76ers. And if that isn't enough for you, need I remind you of "he's Mike James, Bill!" Bullard is the way and the light, woe be unto you who do not revere him.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it's either your his biggest fan or your Matt himself

16. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

They are replacing Clyde already? With Jesus?!?

17. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

just wanted to mention, I thought Clyde did much better than I expected. Seemed really relaxed. I enjoyed listening to him alot more than Bullard, who I found to be absolutely unbearable.

I miss Calvin... I miss watching the game, hearing "what the Rockets got 'da do is play better defense and score more points than the other guys. If they do this they will win this game!" and saying "shut up Calvin..."

I miss the suits that sometimes would make the cameras do weird things.

I thought Clyde did alright though. I was expecting a train wreck.

18. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

i thought that bullard was WAYY more boring than i ever imagined. i mean i knew it was going to be bad, but wow. clyde suprisingly wasnt as bad as i thought he would be. he sounded pretty natural and definitely less boring than airbull. what i would give to have van back. 3 BAWWWLLL. and who can forget "tracy mcgracy." classic.

19. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Oh man I miss that Air Bull sight,...

20. bootay227

bootay227 Contributing Member

Let's not forget that murphy had his widow's peak shaped into a freaking "M." I mean, come on...who does that?
    [​IMG]
    inexcusable! I don't care who does the telecast, as long as i don't have to listen to calvin babble on about cookies or look at him in those ridiculous suits or watch "murphy's law," ever again. as long as that happens, you won't hear me complain.