1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I do to, I honestly don't know why we he hasn't been offered a contract yet by us or anyone for that matter. He can play 2 positions, and brings defense, which I think will be our new identity.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How do you know that Marion hasn't been offered a contract? He might have 4 or 5 or even more offers and is taking his time to choose.

3. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Sign him asap for a portion of our mle Morey

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I doubt Morey's even interested. He probably has another "asset" overseas that's just as good as Marion:rolleyes:

5. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Have the Rockets signaled any interest in Marion? Did I miss that?

While Marion is a good defender, he's lost a step and he seems a bit redundant with Ariza already on board. I keep seeing people suggest that Marion could play the 4, but he is just 6'7 and his outside shot has never been consistent. While he could play the 4 with some small ball lineups, I have a hard time envisioning him guarding the big 4s out west.

I would think the Rockets would be better off reopening negotiations with Papanikolaou and offering him more using what's left of the MLE or bringing in a point guard like Mo Williams if the Rockets can't obtain a point guard in a trade.

I wouldn't dislike the Marion signing but I'm not convinced it is the right fit either. I'd probably rather see the Rockets bring in a player like Jermaine O'Neal.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

^ he has lost a step. But he's still a very good defender. He's got a huge wing span that allows him to defend 4's really well. He could've defended Aldridge well enough to win us the series.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Is Kenny Smith the one that give him this name? I remember the "coocoocoocoocoocoo."

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I don't understand what we are waiting on... We have all these exceptions to build a bench and we aren't using them!!

We need to sign some guys before they all get picked up by other teams. Marion to Houston makes so much sense for both sides... Just freakin do it already!

This is getting frustrating man!

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's all a crazy secret it seems

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Morey is truley working on some trades, he may want to wait for them to be finalized or completely agreed apon before he guarantee's mle money to any certin player/position.

11. baubo

baubo Member

Is there anyone else left to sign with the MLE? I can't think of any. I think the issue is with contract length. The Rockets probably want a 2nd year Team Option and Marion wants guaranteed 2-3 years.

Any other decent team who still has their MLE? We may be the only suitor who can offer him good money.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Doesn't matter if theres no other player worth MLE, we could still split it on 2 players or only partially use it. If we get a backup SF, it might be better to use a part of our MLE on a big like Okafor or Blatche. Thats just an example, just saying Morey may we waiting for deals to be finalized first.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Marion would be for depth, Ariza can't play 48 minutes a game for 82 games. Would you rather have a proven player like Marion on the floor when Ariza sits or someone like Casppi?

14. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i love Marion but what worries me is the 3 pt shooting...we all know that our SF and PF are always left wide open on the 3pt line...Daniels is the only pure shooter on our team.

15. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Morey is waiting on ray allen to say no .
    Once ray allen joins the cavs(which is obvious) he than moves on
    Which by than no one will be there

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Marion would be a good signing.

If this was 2010.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He isn't signing with anyone yet because he wants more money than people are offering him. Apparently he's rejected offers from multiple teams for the BAE or equivalent (approx $2 million.)

I have a feeling that if Morey is actually interested he hasn't offered him the MLE.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Morey is probably offering a 1 yr deal with a 2nd non-fully guaranteed year or team option.

So Marion has the choice of the BAE to have the stability of being in one city for two years, which may appeal to him, or choosing Houston and making more money overall but far from guaranteed to be here for more than one season.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The MLE has been cut into by the signings of Caplea and Johnson. There's probably only $3 mil left in there.

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I think its just Johnson's signing that cut into it. BimaThug said something about Capela's not being a part of it since it is a 1st rd pick. After the Johnson signing there is ~4.8 mil left of the MLE