1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Masters 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ABforPresident, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ABforPresident

Let's get some golf conversation going. I think Rory takes it this year, but Spieth is already tearing it up.

What the hell happened to Fowler today?

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

3. PhiSlammaJamma

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

Put a couple bucks on Jason Day.

Speaking of which, I gotta get my golf game going again.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Go Spieth.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

This guy, Bryson DeChambeau, looks and acts like a mega-star right out of the gate. I think you have your new tiger right here. So then I went to look him up. And it looks like his NCAA results are on par with Tiger and Jack and Phil. Then you look deeper and bases his whole golf swing on physics. He's a numbers guy. So this is gonna be real interesting to see if his mechanical style of play will outduel the guys who believe there is a necessary feel to the game. But just one look at him and you gotta say he's got the IT factor.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I have a question... one of the announcers seemed to indicate that the tournament would be decided by where the masters would put the hole locations this weekend, seemingly indicating the course had not decided on them yet. Is it true that they do not decide on hole locations until the day before the round? Or do they simply not reveal the hole locations until the day before the round? Or are they all revealed before the tournament and this was just wrong?

Seems like from an operational standpoint the hole locations would all need to be determined well before the tournament, and additionally, that would seem more fair as course adjustments during a tournament like hole location could be deemed unfair to a player.

8. Bob Barker 007

Spieth starting to get into his rhythm now. He has saved a few pars on the back 9 and now has made 2 birdies in a row.

9. what

what Member

Nobody is going to be tiger again, but Spieth could have 3 championship at 22. Tiger had 1.

Come on man you sound like a spieth hater.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Think Spieth is the best golfer. Clearly. He's going to be near the top of leaderboards for a long time. Not a hater. But not a lover either. Just don't think he will transform himself into a draw for the fans no matter how much he wins. He doesn't seem to have the IT element to his character although I do think he's improved his style over the last year just a tad. Neither does Smiley.

Think McIlroy does have the it factor, but he hasn't been consistent on tour yet, although I thought his shoes looked god awful today and that hurts his image.

But new kid, he's a draw. So I'm rooting for him. I would follow him.

11. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Big Rory fan, think he is the most talented guy since Tiger but the new putting grip is not working out just yet.

Absolutely can't stand Spieth, guy plays so slow and I have never seen someone who is so co-dependent on his caddie. I mean he seems like a good dude but as a golfer he bothers me

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Your beef with Spieth is because he actually uses his caddie and plays the game slowly? Whatever...

Back nine looks ripe for some Sunday drama.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wow. Spieth choking hard right now.

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

melt dizzle

15. what

what Member

Sunday at the masters

16. what

what Member

Westwood in 2nd!

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We're in for a heck of a finish!

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Spieth birdied 4 holes in a row, made the turn, and then went +6 on 10, 11, and 12. Seems impossible for someone as unflappable as Spieth.

19. what

what Member

Not over

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

SPIETH AIN'T DONE YET