1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Market for Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheke64, Oct 17, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

did the team really try to offload him? I am surprised nobody was buying.

Hmm I actually think this is a productive thread. I would keep Lin definitely over Dragic, most likely over Wall & I would take CP3, Rose, Conley & Deron over Lin. Irving yes as well but I really can't stand Kyrie's defense it is so incredibly bad.

2. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I'd like to know too. Fans on the Chinese/Taiwanese JLin fan site are hoping that Jeremy will be traded, but apparently no team out there can use him. There's some discussion about the possibility of Jeremy to the Lakers (as Nash is getting old?) but they say that hope is now lost as Melo "may" consider Lakers next season.

There are so many great PGs in the league now. I think I counted 7 PGs in the top 20 NBARank.

3. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Lin for Conley+Pick would actually be a solid trade for both teams, Conley is a defensive stud and a .361 three point shooter and that is what the Rockets need while on the other Lin can facilitate Memphis' bigs and can be the offensive focal point of that team

4. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

In the recent JCF article it was revealed that the rockets team only tried to shop him around because they thought they where getting CP3...

There where some communication between CP3's agent and rockets management that if CP3 didn't get what he wants in the Clippers, he will go to the rockets... for the rockets to accommodate that they need to let go of Lin and Asik

5. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

How about Jlin for Steve Blake and Jordan Hill?

Works from a cap standpoint

Steve is one of the best off the ball PGs in the league. He is great at spotting up and shooting corner 3s. Jordan Hill is a very active PF who can rebound/play d and scrap. Not a ton of skills but plays hard. He is sort of a jumbo sized Patrick Beverly

So we can get 2 starters for the price of one

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

This is ... words escape me ... a totally worthless post worth serious negative rep.

Your begging just makes it worse.

7. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

Now If he were black, he would be called an up in coming star. Am I right.

8. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

There are plenty of teams out there who can use a Jeremy Lin performing at full potential.

If anything, Morey was probably exploring trading Jeremy for only one scenario - Chris Paul joining the Rockets. Once Chris Paul re-signed with the Clippers, any attempt to trade Jeremy would have stopped, since Morey also probably realised that without Jeremy, this team is just one Harden injury away from having an offense as pathetic looking as the one that played against Orlando in the later stages of the game.

Also, Jeremy was coming off a year where he had injuries and question marks at both the beginning of the season and at the play-offs. So it wouldn't be too surprising if GMs around the league are still in "observation mode" where he is concerned. If he is able to play at Linsanity caliber (whether as starter or 6th man) again for this and next season, he will become centerpiece material for another team, and there will be several teams out there waiting to pick him up once his contract expires.

Ultimately, he just needs to continue improving and play his best whatever role he is given, and there will always be a market for him :)

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

please don't go there...

10. kcd

kcd Member

Yeah no need to go there. Lin is an anomaly, but it's not like he's the only player with challenges.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Get it out of your system before the season, please.

12. kumakun

kumakun Member

Lin is the best pg of all time. there i said it. *crouching tiger style fists up*

13. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

This place has gone to **** recently. And by recently I mean the past year. Still keep coming though.

It's a bit funny that this thread was started out of spite, yet the opposite can't/doesn't happen because it gets locked/people start causing a giant fuss.

14. fearless!

fearless! Member

If you only value defense and 3 point % (btw Im sure Lin will easily shoot above 36% this season) then you should just stick with Patrick Beverley as your starting PG and try to trade Lin for a decent PF.

15. TTNN

TTNN Member

[​IMG]

yeah, Morey will get another Lin Jersey. :)

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No effin way! We can get better talent

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I do think there was a good market for Lin but he wont sell cheap.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

I would take that deal but Memphis would laugh at us and then hang up if we were to propose such a thing

*dreams wistfully of a back court of CP3 & Harden with DH12 down low*

Not I don't want freaking steve blake or Jordan hill on this team. No thanks.

CP3 was an idiot for going to LAC.

19. iam

iam Member

this is a great trade idea. can you dig a little deeper? Houston would be able to offload Jeremy's contract.

Houston can add a serviceable spot-up shooter and Jordan Hill would be a big upgrade at PF.

Jeremy Lin would tear it up in GOLD AND PURPLE!

1 person likes this.
  20. Karolik

Karolik Member

Market for Jeremy Lin? :grin::grin::grin::grin: Where?

*crickets

1 person likes this.