1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "mario williams.... I love that guy" thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by conquistador#11, Aug 7, 2008.

1. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

dude, stick to talking about something you know....like your abs :p

2. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

can we ever have a mario thread that does not mention vince or reggie :confused:

I guess not so I will join in :D

It was a tough road defending mario during his first season...I lived in SA and it was so annoying having to talk with these Cowboy nutthuggers that live in SA...
    They loved talking about vince christ and how mario would never be as good as ware let alone spears :rolleyes:

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's ironic that Vince is compared to Jesus. If God was building the perfect QB, it wouldn't be Vince. It would probably be Joe Montana, since he went to Notre Dame.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Sorry for bringing Bush into this thread. A Bush fan was using Mario's success as a way to dig VY, I couldn't help myself from using Mario to dig Bush.

Go Mario, lead us to the Superbowl! VY, please lose in the AFC championship game. Bush, keep that bench warm for Deuce as Deuce really needs to help Drew lose in the Superbowl.

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Bush looked pretty good in limited minutes against the Texans. He looks to be in great shape. I'm looking for him to have a BIG year. Get him on your fantasy teams if it isn't too late Folks.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Bush rushed for 3.4 yards per carry against the Texans, even worse than his first two years.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Shhhh..... Nobody likes stats. ;)

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Oh look, Bush scores a TD in preseason and jgreen91 is already back in midseason form.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's worth getting picked at some point because he will get receiving yards and red zone touches.

10. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

lolz if Bush rushed twice for 6 yards, had 10 reception for 100 yards and 3 touchdowns and two punt returns for touchdowns, you'd come back and say he had a bad game cause he only rushed for 3 yards per carry.

THE CAT IS OBSESSED WITH YARDS PER CARRY

11. The Cat

Considering Bush has only had one special teams touchdown in two years and last year averaged 35 yards and 0.25 touchdowns per game receiving on a pathetic 5.7 yards per catch, that post is one of the most bizarre and hilarious hypotheticals ever posted.

Well done, sir. You're a riot. :D

12. Ashes

Ashes Member

M. Williams > R. Bush.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Except when he was supposed to run up the middle. I've never see a RB so afraid to run through the tackles. All he does is run into his blockers and then fall down. Yes, you get him outside and he's got the speed to gain some yards. He is not, however, anything remotely close to a complete back.

I, for one, will not make the same mistake I made last year and waste a high draft pick on Bush.

14. msn

msn Member

I was gone all weekend.

And, no, I'm not going to "bet". Just be around when Bush has a new litany of excuses and gets outperformed by 80% of the leauge to eat your crow, just like I'll be around to eat mine if he outperforms expectations.

15. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

Well he was drafted #2 overall, and makes the money to be a running back so yards per carry should be a legit point. He still can't run up the middle. He can be a nice 3rd down compliment RB but you don't pay those guys as much as a #1 RB who can actually run on a consistent basis.

Besides isn't this Mario's thread?

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Mario Williams is awesome...Great to know the Texans did the right thing...I do feel bad for you-know-who getting booed in Nashville last preseason game though...

17. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Yes and I love Mario. But I also love to see the cat melt down any time the name Reggie Bush is mentioned.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Hard to spin this whole situation, but you're damn sure trying.

19. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Agree 100%

20. The Cat

This is worth a bump. Final numbers:

Kevin Faulk: 83 carries, 507 yards (6.1 YPC), 3 TD; 58 catches, 486 yards
    Reggie Bush: 106 carries, 404 yards (3.8 YPC), 2 TD; 52 catches, 440 yards

Well done, msn. :D Kevin Faulk, a part-time third-down back in his 10th season, put up better numbers than Reggie Bush in what should have been one of the prime seasons of his career.

We love you Mario. :)