1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. highlander3128

You opinions are too insightful. Please go and apply for the GM position to replace DM.

2. bball_homer

bball_homer Member

Thats pretty interesting that lin gets a lot more attention in new York than in Houston. But I guess part of his appeal is that Lin is a pretty humble guy who doesn't seek the spotlight and plays to win.

Which makes him a breath of fresh air.

Still I'm glad he's on houston where he can develop and thrive.

With that said, Lowry is a better player than Lin at this point. Not sure about gogi. But keep in mind they had consistent playing time for a long while.

This is lin first year where he have a full season to play. Lowry and gragic had several full seasons already

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who pines for Dragic? :confused:

4. munco

munco Member

It's one friggin game and the main thing is we won. If you do want to discuss things after one game I think he looked great playing with Harden and they did not look like a team that had never played together before. Let's not forget Lin is still recovering from a serious knee injury.

I don't know if Lin will end up as good as Lowry or Dragic but I do know he's pretty damn good. Let's try and save criticisms until the end of the year or at least until he has a bad game. haha. I mean Steph Curry shot like 3 for 17 yesterday but the Warriors beat the Suns and Dragic.

1 person likes this.
  5. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

This is why players didn't want to play in Houston where they can play at near All-Star levels and still be unknown to the rest of the world. Having players that bring attention to the organization is something that should NOT be discounted so lightly. We aren't the only team with max-cap room and national media attention plays a big part of free agent decisions (or like Dwight decisions on whether to re-sign after a trade).

You think Dragic + Harden would have people buzzed? Not likely. Would Dragic all of a sudden turn us into a contender? Nope. In all likelihood, with Dragic, we'd still end up as a sub-.500 team (maybe a few more wins), but with half (or less) the media attention. This is not our year for a ring, but having media attention NOW will pay dividends in the future.

6. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Which type of players we want? What is harder to do for a player? To have self control and play the right way and help the team win? Or to pad one's stats to look good on paper and the team loses?

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    These types of posts make me scratch my head in confusion. We're talking about his defense on Knight. KNIGHT. Are you effing kidding me? He was able to play decent defense on a bottom tier starting point guard. YAY! Btw, Knight still got 15 points. Though it was on 5-15 shooting so Lin did do a pretty good job.

Like I said, Lin is a decently good defender in the Shane battier mold. He picks his spots well and because his basketball IQ is fairly high he doesn't really miss rotations or anything of that sort. He's a smart player. However, his lateral quickness/size/strength are nothing to write home about and when he plays against bigger and more elite guards they will punish him.

Morey himself said on 790 this morning that really no one played well defensively last night except for Omer Asik who played phenomenally. He covered up a good chunk of the mistakes of the other players.
    <br>
    <br>
    Your post is completely irrelevant to anything. We have Jeremy Lin. Teams wins games, not one player. Playing solid team basketball while putting up good stats that contribute to the team is conducive to winning. Lin will come into his own hopefully and do just that. Try to ease up on the loaded questions mang, at least put up good arguments when you post.
    <br>
    <br>
    The parts bolded in your post are very good points. And very true as well. Having media attention and names that people recognize go a long way in drawing players to play for us. As we've seen in the past, when the Rockets have start players on the team already, other star players come.

8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Nice post, very fair.

9. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Good idea. Let's sticky a bash-Rockets thread where trolls can rip on whatever Rockets player they want all day and make fun of whoever they want. Knicks on Realgm had a "I Hate Dolan and XXX..." thread. Then leave the other threads to have discussions on how players can improve, provide useful analysis, and have productive discussions about the team.

10. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I think there should be more understanding in how Lin makes plays that dont show in the stats. He's doing fine... Its just the first game too... What we need to worry about is a backup pg...

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin is the best penetrator of the bunch.

Dragic is really more of a shooting guard.

Lowry is the best but least athletic of the bunch.

12. acjeitherocket

how many TOs???

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

There is no graphs....

14. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Fair point well made. I see Lin is trying to be the pass first pg on the Rockets and build team chemistry with his teammates. Maybe he is doing too much deferring. Maybe he still has not gotten his confidence and rhythm back. But hey, we went 5/2 in preseason. He did not come out beasting like Harden did. He probably is not as freak an athlete that Harden is. But he is pretty athletic and very cerebral. And he knows how to utilize his strengths and his teammates' to maximize his team's chance at getting wins, which he has done through out his bbl life since back in high school. That's something I wish people would remember, there is a reason the media folks say that Jeremy Lin wins games. Does he win every game, play well in every game, is the best player in every game? No! But he is pretty darn good, if not yet one of the best out there, in breaking down defense and getting his teammates open shots and figuring out ways to win, without being flashy. That's what I hope ppl will keep in mind.

15. marexx

marexx Member

Well you got 1right...which sg averages 8 assists?and dragic is known for finishin
    around the rim very well better than lin imo

16. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Probably a dude who's jealous of Lin getting paid a lot of money? I would say Lowry, Dragic and Lin all did pretty well. Let's compare their stats after around 30 games or so. Don't you think one game is kinda rushing it?

17. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

The fact is Lin didn't play that poorly. For god's sake, it's only one regular game! Are you counting preseason games? Even during preseason games, aside from his poor shooting, he passed well. I tend to think Lowry is better than Lin at this point in their career also, but Lin might have a higher ceiling than Lowry.

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That is a stupid post, it is one game and Lin is coming off of knee surgery.

I think Lowry and Dragic are better but not by much and maybe not always. Even though Lin isn't playing better I kind of like the way he runs the team, he seems to be smoother than Kyle or Goran.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

and

Lowry sold us out as fans and the city and forced himself to be traded.
    I was always in his corner even during last years summer league crap but to force the Rockets hand to be traded which caused us to get less in return sucks and I think it is an insult to the fans and city that supported him.