1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. anchel

anchel Member

Obviously I was pointing to the Dragic-Lin case, since they are getting the same salary.

I'm very glad of having Morey as GM, love him. Doesn't mean he always makes the right decision.

2. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

I reckon.

Dragic>Lin (rite now but Lin will be better at 26)

Both better an Lowry who's been below average this year.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What wrong decision did he make?

4. bc2k

bc2k Member

Signing Jeremy Lin instead of giving the 4th year player option to Goran Dragic. I guess he would prefer Rockets signed Raymond Felton over Lin after Dragic left.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The way I've heard since it went down last summer, Dragic or his agent knew the score with Morey in regards to player loyalty and wanted a player option to make himself not have to worry about being shipped off at the dead line when some new point guard catches his eye. Morey didn't want to do that and the Suns offered a little more cash and Dragic took it.

Unless you want Morey to change his ways and accept a contract that doesn't give the team flexibility or trade advantages for a non super star player, what more could he do when even he didn't know he'd be landing someone like Harden for the 2012-2013 season at the time of the offseason?

6. VanityHalfBlack

Again with this bullsh!t??

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Royce white

8. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

This is a good point that gets ignored too much in these comparisons. Though I think Chalmers has it worst since he defers to a dominant 2, who defers to a dominant 3.

Ignoring the handful of games where the Lakers ran Princeton, Lin and Nash have been in the same situation all year. Both defer to a dominant 2 who leads the league in scoring, turnovers, and PER. Both had their PER drop from being forced to spot-up and play off ball, though Nash being one of the best shooters of all time fits the role better than Lin does.

That's why these X vs Lin comparisons are stupid. You're taking a 1 who's primary facilitator in a 30% pnr offense and comparing him to a 1 on a team that runs 15-20% pnr, over half of which are run by the 2.

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Dragic is a nice player but he is not a franchise player who deserves a player options.

He is the No.1 ball handler in that Suns team and he is probably the No.1 option and yet his team is the worst team in the Western Conference.

Lin is no where close to the main ball handler in this Rox team. We all know he is a part time PG for Rox, and in the other half he just sitting at corner playing catch and shoot, which is anything but his game. Yesterday when Harden sat, and Lin played PG and dominated the ball, he dominated the Suns too.

Don't forget he plays least minutes among the three, a lot of time he goes AWOL in the fourth quarters due to various reasons.

In the end, he produces only a sightly worse numbers than Dragic. And people say he is the worst of three PGs. SMH.

2 people like this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Dragic was a free agent, he left.

That is not a mistake.

11. Drphil

Drphil Member

Well I hate to say but NBA fans aren't the brightest of bunches when it comes to statistics.

12. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Even if Dragic has better stats this year, it doesn't mean Morey was wrong in signing Jeremy after Dragic chose to sign with a bottom team. Dragic would not have been a difference maker this year. We're not a Dragic away from winning the championship.

Jeremy is getting better and better. His contribution over the life of his 3 year contract will definitely >>> what Dragic would have brought over his 4 year contract.

13. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

HOLY SMOKES. COMMON SENSE. I applaud you. End of the season and people are saying keep dragic. He left of his own volition. Our replacement PG (Lin) is putting up similar numbers with less trust from the coaches for practically the majority of the season as well as sharing PG duties with a ball dominant player in Harden. Oh and he's also only been in the league less years then Dragic. People are hilarious.

14. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Lets put Dragic here with Harden lets see how he will play out? Would we provide double screens for Dragic like he did witht the Suns?

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

:confused: That isn't "Lin hate." That's objective looking at the game and saying who played better. There are always one or two Lin haters but obviously they're trolls. You are acting like most people on this forum "hate" on Jeremy Lin, which is complete BS. And in the rare cases that someone does hate on him, it's a poster who has no rep bars and is obviously a troll.

You cited Harden as the sole cause that we lost last night. I read that twice in your post, lol.

The worst defender is by far Montejuenas. on average, Harden is the worst starter defensively.

But that wasn't the case last night. Everyone sucked equally defensively. Which is why we lost.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Dragic is better shooter, defender, and equal at finishing at the rim. Lin is better at getting to the basket, but more turnover-prone. Both are equal at getting teammates involved.

Lowry is a better shooter, defender, rebounder than Lin. Lin is better at getting to the basket and finishing, but also more turnover prone.

17. fearless!

fearless! Member

Dragic is a worse shooter than lin. get ur facts right

18. VanityHalfBlack

Disagree, Dragic is better at getting his teammates involved that's it.
    Same goes for Lowry, who's also better at getting his teammates involved. You said Lin is better at getting to the basket and finishing, does that mean he is a scorer??? Is getting to the basket and finishing a skill-set??? That's like saying Lin is better at dribbling with one hand, lol...

19. SunsRocketsfan

it's the eye test.. . see white guy = automatic good shooter

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

There are certain people who can be great leaders to lead their team to victory and maximize the talents of the individuals around them. Lin has that hunger and charisma to lead his team. If you look at the time where Lin came in on the Knicks, his energy and willingness to play hard and win inspired his teammates. Lin took charge and even started to tell NBA Champ Tyson where to be and what to do. There's only a handful of NBA players that can really inspire and help other teammates play better. Yes, Dragic does have a pretty crappy team, but the overall 'mood' and atmosphere in the team is a losing one. You can also look at John Wall's situation too. Clearly John has a winning mentality - but for whatever the reason, he is unable to inspire his teammates to play better. I remember his quote, "The other guys just don't want to win as much as I do" or something along those lines.

Some players that come to mind that can instantly make their team better through leadership - KG, CP3. Anyone feel free too add to this list.

I also notice in the last game, Lin seemed to be taking over a bit more and was a bit trigger happy lol - anyone else notice this? is it because Harden is injured so he knew he had to shoot more??