1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Also, if Lin gets traded before his third year, the Rockets didn't pay him 8.3M per year -- they paid him $5M per year. So not correct to count chickens that are not going to hatch for 2 more years. He gets paid what he gets paid, not some average.

If you work for McD at $8/hr and now for some law firm at $100/hr, has your salary been $54 per hour? No -- it was $8/hr then, and $100/hr now.

2. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

You must be joking!!!

3. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

In my opinion, I'd take Lin over Lowry/Dragic right now.

Lowry - Has the amazing skillsets but he's injury prone and a drama queen. Destroys team chemistry without a second though. At this point, he doesn't look like he'll ever be a factor to lead a contending team.

Dragic - Has some skills and potential. But his on court presence is pretty lukewarm even though he has the ball in his hands most of the time. Doesn't look like he has the drive/motivation to win. I'd still take him over Lowry. Though some may disagree, I find team chemistry to be a big factor in my pick, and so far Dragic trumps him majorly in this area.

Lin - Has shown signs of amazing potential and some skills. Don't really want to talk much about him. The one big reason I'd take him is because he's willing to sacrifice his role he was originally signed to for the better of the team. And his continual effort and hard working to fill his new role shows me he has what it takes to lead a team to contention.

So I'd take Lin over the other 2 right now.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Ramon is basically what Jeremy was supposed to be. Getting to the line close to 6 times a game - twice as much as timid Jeremy has. Ramon's a little off this year, but he traditionally finishes at close to 60%. He's like a poor, poor man's Harden. All at only $6M this year. He's a steal.

5. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Did anyone catch Dragic at the end of the Suns-Mavs game last night?

Little-known Collison was driving right by Dragic anytime he wanted in the 4th. Collison scored 10 points while Dragic only scored two. Not to mention, Dragic got his shot blocked and turned the ball over twice to give the Mavs a comfortable lead. Dragic got so frustrated that he slammed the ball down and got a technical. Kind of selfish to put yourself over the team. No wonder the Suns have the 2nd worst record in the West even though the offense goes through Dragic.

6. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

He's a backup PG on a last place team, and he gets paid $6m to do what exactly? Ignoring salary, you're saying a back up PG for the Bobcats is better than the starting PG on the team that you root for????? Incredulous!!!

7. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, is this just this one game thing? or he has been this way for a while?

Sometimes, players will have bad games.

8. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Most likely a one game thing. Dragic is emotional, but I've never seen him like that before.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Ironically, Dragic would be a good compliment to Jeremy Lin.

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

12. bbsuser

bbsuser Member

When you compare the two players, kind in mind they are playing in 2 different systems.

13. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Honestly the accusation of Lin being shy of contact this year is over stretched. Sometime, the guy just gets no respect from refs even with cuts and scratches. And it also is related to how he plays in this system, less screen, no being the #1 offense options, and being a bad 3 pointer at the beginning of this season to give the defender an easy option for not letting him to drive.

14. Rocket Booster

I don't get the fascination here with Lowry and Dragic. They both have exceptionally low basketball IQs. No team is ever going to be good or relevant if it has either of those guys as it's point guards.

PS - I am NOT a LOF (I don't care for Lin much to be honest).

1 person likes this.
  15. yunac010

yunac010 Member

He gets hacked a lot but the refs swallow their whistles. Same with Parsons.

16. Windchime

Windchime Member

Aww man, not this salary argument again. Can't everyone just agree to disagree or something?

My two cents is that, if you count his salary as 8mil this year, don't argue it's 15mil come year three and if you count his salary as 5mil this year, don't argue it's 8mil come year 3. That's all.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Did you just say Vasquez is surrounded by all stars? Never knew the Pelicans had allstars.

18. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Can this be preserved for when the third year of Lin's contract is upon us? Thank you for such good reasoning.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't go that far. Watching them the last couple years for the Rockets, they have very high bbal IQ's actually.

1 person likes this.
  20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I am absolutely SHOCKED by that statement.