1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Lowe Post] Ian Begley & Howard Beck on Melo and The State of the Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Woah jokes on you bro. He's sat front row at MSG.

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I'd hate the Rockets too if they beat my favorite team 26 times in a row

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

It's like he wants to troll but doesn't really know how. It is kinda sad to watch.

jch1911 likes this.
  4. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

His name is Jay23. I'm assuming the 23 is his IQ score

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'd hate the Rockets, too, if they kicked my team's ass in the only finals my team's been to in half a century.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Seriously I really liked Zachary when he was a guest on the BS Report but it seems like he has steadily gone to **** and just doesn't seem to have the same feel for the league as he used to.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I still enjoy listening to Lowe quite a bit. But he does give off a pompous attitude. And I do think as it relates to the Rockets, while I think he likes Morey specifically, I don't think he likes the Rockets much as a team/organization or like Harden that much either.

But, every sports host is going to have their biases.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

That might be what it would take to loosen things up. How many of you would do it?

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Van Gundy faints

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't think I would. I would risk more to acquire the "2nd star" (which we did in the Chris Paul deal), than I would for the "3rd complimentary star." I think if I am Morey I wait this out a bit. Melo wants to come to Houston and has the NTC. NY doesn't have much leverage.

Tfor3 and DonKnock like this.
  11. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I'd come off Ariza before Capela or Gordon since we have Tucker and Mbah a Moute here.

RocketFan, Remlap and Jayzers_100 like this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wouldn't. I'd rather stick with what we've got if it costs one of those 3 to get Melo.

Vivi likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

For 33 year old Melo? Meh....

Knicks have no one to blame.

You gave him a max contract with a no trade clause. You put some power into his hands.

You spent the entire year trashing him in public and continue to do so. Get out! We don't want you! Just waive your NTC! We're gonna play unselfishly, we're gonna be young, we're gonna be athletic! We're gonna be everything Carmelo ain't!

Just kidding! We want something valuable for you now!
    :rolleyes:

Tfor3, Cash Cam, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  14. thekad

thekad Member

Lowe doesn't hate the Rockets - though he probably is a little harsher due to Twitter backlash from Rockets fans. He does, however, really dislike Ryan Anderson.

Claiming Evan Turner's contract is better than Anderson's is actually laughable. Turner makes nearly the same amount and has been a bad NBA player his entire career.

Vivi likes this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Could be true. Morey wanting Melo is likely for real. However, Morey not wanting to give up much for Melo is probably also real. A lot of the efforts right now could be "fake hustle" knowing that a deal with only Anderson + NG Bros for Melo is unlikely. Just showing CP and Melo we are trying to get him here by trade so that if/when Melo gets a buyout, Houston will look like a better destination.

Morey should not give in to any pressure to get a trade done quickly. Hold the door, Daryl.

justtxyank likes this.
  16. baubo

baubo Member

Eh don't really get the idea that Lowe hates the Rockets. He had us beating the Spurs in the 2nd round and had our record like in the upper 40s before the season. Much higher than people were in general. He does seem to be very snide when talking/writing about the Rockets cause he does seem to hate Rockets fans, but reading this board can't say I blame him.

I think everything in the podcast made good sense except for the part where he seems to think we need to find a team with capspace for Anderson's salary. I'm pretty sure the Knicks don't care about cap room this offseason much. If we can trade Anderson for an expiring that should also work for the Knicks. Obviously the issue here is further compensation but there's definitely no need to involve a team with capspace.

thekad likes this.
  17. thekad

thekad Member

Right. I think the going rate for Melo before the Knicks sabotaged his value was an expiring + a pick. A smaller contract and a pick should suffice at this point. Morey only needs to find a team that wants to upgrade their PF rotation and has a smaller contract.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Nothing earth shattering but I hope that Morey is just playing out the string waiting for and/or forcing the Knicks to buy out Anthony.

They have no leverage. Just be patient and we get him for (basically) free.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'd pass.

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't personally. I rather just go into the season with Ryno if it means losing Ariza/Ego/Capela and just wait for Melo to become available.

Tfor3 likes this.