1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lin HATE is QUITE SIMPLE to understand

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Bublanski, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

the lin scrutiny is quite simple:

He's asian.

People want to pussyfoot be all pc and dance around the subject but its the superficial and subconscious truth.

If lin was black his contract would not have been called out by other players in the nba. never seen that before. What i dont understand is Lin was putting up numbers in historic fashion for the knicks and did it without melo or amare and showed enough promise backed up by statistics and a unbiased analytical breakdown of his game to garner his contract.

a 3 year 25 million dollar deal. not a franchise 100 mill max deal yet he gets judged as if he's getting lebron money.

Was harden playing with lin when he was putting up those numbers? Neither were melo and amare.

When people say its his overzealous fanbase that cause the hate, that makes no sense and is just utterly misguided. Lin is the first asian american player in the history of the nba playing in a athletically inclined position not seen played by asians. The fact that the haters (majority african americans) cant seem to appreciate how much pride he gives to young asians who love basketball and just want to appreciate him much like young african americans love and appreciate black quarterbacks who get necessary flak playing a position usually reserved for whites is sad and ironic.

New fans whether LOF or whatever is good for the sport. it brings new life to the nba. it brings fans. READ THE DEFINITION OF A FAN.

Why hate on his fanbase and in turn hate on the player because of them? Isnt that a little misguided?

Whenever i see comments like westbrook, cp3, parker, and all the other beasts pgs are gonna destroy him it just dumbfounds me. Dont those guys destroy everybody? Do you haters no what their averages are? Do you have the internet? They destroy every night. Why single out lin?

Do you people remember tiger woods and what he first went through?

Do you people remember yao ming and the apprehension and the quick knee jerk hate reaction? Yet they give the benefit of the doubt and endless optimism to players like greg oden.

You people did the same thing to manny pacquiao.

Just ask floyd mayweather jr.

Even tonight the chants of overrated (and during the bulls game last year) irritated the hell out of me.

Why is he overrated? Is he getting a 100 mill max contract and undeserved affirmative action mvps like steve nash and dirk nowitzki?

No, he''s making 25 mill in 3 years for a team before the harden trade was projected as a lottery team.

So why the chants of overrated?

Why the constant knee jerk hateful reaction to every missed shot? every missed layup? everytime a pg drives by him for a layup?

Why does every other pg shut down other pgs? Even the ridiculous "HE CANT GO LEFT!!!" critique is quite idiotic.

He can go left. He's just not as good at it.

Why?

BECAUSE HE'S RIGHT HANDED!!!!!!

The unnecessary subtle not so subtle racial hate.....

Yao Ming went through this.
    Manny Pacquiao went through this.
    Black quarterbacks go through this.
    Tiger woods went through this.
    Jeremy Lin is going through this.

President Barack Obama is going through this.

As long as humans are alive, race will always be an issue.

Its in our dna. We are tribal by nature.

At least admit it and lets talk about it.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If it doesn't bother him, why does it bother you?

Stop trying to live through him, and enjoy the game.

1 person likes this.
  3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

So many words there. Was it safe to stop reading after the OP called Rockets fans racists after the second sentence?

Rolling my eyes so hard I think my retinas just detached.

4. sergio

sergio Member

Race is always such a big thing in America. I wish people would move on and get over it. It's time to stop judging people by race.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

6. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

how do you know it doesnt bother him?

did you read his facebook page after the rockets signed him?

im not asian by the way.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Jealousy runs rampant in the NBA, just look at Dwight and Shaq, and the media made Lin the most famous player in the league based on a few weeks of great play. Rarely does a player enjoy such lavish praise without any resume to back it up. And Carmelo would have been envious of Lin even if Lin had been Black. The whole "Asian guy not getting any respect angle" has been overplayed.

Is race a factor?

Race is a factor in everything.

But that doesn't mean Lin has endured unfair scrutiny. The fact is that every NBA star is picked apart, every single game, no matter what they've accomplished. Fans will crucify anyone and players show no mercy on the court regardless of who they play against. Look at Yao, once he proved himself, Black players (even Shaq) had nothing but praise for him as a player and as a person.

Lin just needs to keep getting better. Nothing shuts up critics more than excellence.

8. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

please tell me you are joking.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Calm down, Bublanski. I assume you were inspired to create this thread because of what some people said on CF. If so, I have to ask: why are the random thoughts of faceless internet personalities so important to you? Who gives a ****. This forum has an Ignore feature which allows you to block the posts of certain members. Use it and calm down and have some Jack Daniels with honey. I love that stuff.

10. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

did you just ask me why i posted an opinion on a internet message board?

the same board you have been a member of since 2005 and have over 1900 post?

come on now.

just saying.

11. KingHRockets

KingHRockets Member

People criticize because of the hype surrounding him. Lebron has gone through the same thing for years and years. I mean Lin took over the nation for a couple of months so everyone's expectations of him are very high.

You talk about people criticizing him because he is asian but do you realize most people are fans of him for the same reason. Its like african americans voting for Obama because he is african american, why not vote on policy. So why not like Lin because of skill; and yes i know he is an inspiration blah blah blah.
    I actually do like Lin but the truth is hype=criticism.
    If you think about the rockets right now, you do not realize that we were running around with 2 very good point guards; the point guard position was our strongest so Rockets fans will expect a lot from Jeremy and thats not a bad thing.

1 person likes this.
  12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You've been here for three months. Try digging up some old threads about Steve Francis from 8-10 years ago.

This is an internet basketball message board. Players get criticized here. Having a gigantic contingent of oversensitive bandwagon fans who respond defensively to any criticism tends to makes it worse. Deal with it.

1 person likes this.
  13. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

i stand strong and firm behind my OP and my seniority or lack thereof does not diminish it.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

If you think I was talking about seniority, you missed the point entirely.

15. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

you dont have a point period.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Ah, the classic " Only my opinion is valid" thing.

Here's my opinion: This thread sucks and your entire premise is flawed. You dont know that because you dont recognize that this board criticizes EVERY PLAYER THEY HAVE. Mcgrady, Yao, Francis, Mobley, Barkley, Drexler....hell, even Hakeem has been criticized here.

It has absolutely ZERO to do with race for 99% of this board....and I resent that you presume to imply I am racist if I dont worship Jeremy Freakin Lin. You dont know me nor do you know anyone else here.....

1 person likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

R2K,

you've been on fire. I like the last line.

that was Method Man esque -
    "Hey, you, get off my cloud
    You don't know me and you don't know my style"

18. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

This is a Houston Rockets fan board....All Rockets players will be praised after a good game...and vilified after a bad game.

If you are asian/caucasian/black/brown welcome to the Rockets fan board. If you are butthurt that Jeremy Lin isn't universally acclaimed as the best hooper of all time...please go away.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's not at all what I said. Not even close. I don't know how you got that. All I said was don't get so offended by some random idiots on the internet. Just chill and understand that trolls happen. And if that's not good enough for you, utilize the Ignore function.

I suggest you go back and re-read it. If you are then able to understand what I said, I accept your apology. If you still don't understand it, you have my pity. Poor fella.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah but what does this have to do with Harden?