1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lin-Harden-Chandler pre-game ritual and 'handshake'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Oath of the Peach Basket

he Oath of the Peach Garden is a fictional event in the historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong. This event is set at the end of the Eastern Han Dynasty around the time of the Yellow Turban Rebellion in the 180s. Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei took an oath of fraternity in a ceremony in the Peach Garden (believed to be in present-day Zhuozhou, Hebei), and became sworn brothers from then on. Their goal in taking the oath was to protect the Han Dynasty from the Yellow Turban rebels. The oath bound the three men, who would later play important roles in the establishment of the state of Shu Han during the Three Kingdoms period. It is also often alluded to as a symbol of fraternal loyalty.

The Oath of the Peach Basket
    is a non-fictional event in the historical novel BRomance of the Three Kingdoms by Daryl Morey. This event is set at the end of the Eastern Texas Dynasty around the time of the White Stat Geek Rebellion in the 2010s. James Harden, Chandler Parsons, and Jeremy Lin took an oath of fraternity in a ceremony in the garden of Peach Baskets (believed to be in present-day basketball arenas), and became sworn brothers from then on. Their goal in taking the oath was to protect and create the new Rockets Dynasty proving the worth of the White Stat Geek Rebellion. The oath bound the three men, who would later play important roles in the establishment of the state of Rockets II Dynasty during the Threepeat period. It is also often alluded to as a symbol of fraternal loyalty.

#61 Shawndme7, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Bromance of the Three Kindoms.

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Nice. I'm excited to see what the trio can do in the future. The future is bright for the 3 Ninja after making the Oath of the Peach Basket...

4. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

LOL very nice :grin:

5. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

"3 headed monster." :grin:

6. jocar

jocar Member

Big Trouble Little Htown

[​IMG]

7. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

My view of the pre-game 'handshake' at the Nets game last night....in which JLin involves Carlos (sort of) and Chandler comes walking toward me. :grin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jX25oOIyQ58?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Kind of pissed me off that the Rockets' broadcast focused on Kevin Durant during the pre-game of the OKC game. He was just standing there/stretching, but probably less than 5 feet behind him you could see the Harden/Lin/Parsons ritual going on. It was mostly blocked by them focusing on Durant, though.

9. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Its unfortunate but its probably because they see it every game i assume...however whenever we play on national tv, i think they give the handshake more pub. when we play golden state next month, im sure they'll focus on it

10. mirus

mirus Member

Does Delfino adjusting his clothes are part of the ritual?:eek:

11. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

I wish they would add Asik in there soon lol he's always just watching

12. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

So many girls on this forum lol.. must be for Parsons. My wife also think Parsons the best looking NBA player.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He's also shaking his head at the end. Does he secretly hate the 3 amigos? Is the team falling apart? SHOULD WE ALL BE WORRIED?

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I want Chandler to get a fat contract after his rookie contract is up - and for him to retire a Rocket.

Sadly, the reality of the business probably dictates otherwise.

But he is such a big part of our success.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Better get use to it. These assets are the foundation and not going anywhere.

16. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

17. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

I really hope DM doesn't break this trio up any time soon. Remember, MJ and LBJ where 28 when won their 1st championship. Harden is 23 and Parson/Lin are 24. We still have years growth before we see their end state.

18. GIGO

GIGO Member

A great view indeed. Thanks, Carol!

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

By the way, the bromance is strong....

Jlin got a technical...next game...Harden got a technical.

Talking about supporting each other...how can you ask for more? :grin:

20. alethios

alethios Member

This is what I love to see - good chemistry between good players. This team is turning into something truly special. And the best part is we get to witness it unfolding. Like watching your child grow up to become a successful adult.