1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"The League Said He Was Trying To Get Up"-Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, May 7, 2009.

1. engr chris

engr chris Member

This is a quote from Ron Artest from TNT OT interview about the Kobe and Shane incident in game 1.

So did the Rockets made a protest and the league said Kobe was trying to get up?

I hope its not true because that's total BS.
    [​IMG]

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The league will overlook everything Kobe does... Stern wants his dream matchup of Kobe/James to become a reality. James will do his part on his own. Kobe needs some help.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

All these rules. All this effort to "clean the game". All these commisions and reviews and fines.

An utter joke. JOKE.

Don't watch the game for basketball. Don't watch it for fair play. Watch it for entertainment. Divorce yourself from anything else. Because that's all it is and thats all they want it to be.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I mean it's just ridiculous that he doesn't even get so much as a fine for this, and he probably won't get any punishment at all for the elbow to Artest, either.

5. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

thats some fu@ked up ****

6. ibm

ibm Member

the league is full of bs - is that any news? especially when it comes to post boys like kobe or lebron. lol.

7. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Kobe is a dirty player.

Believe me you don't want to get this rockets squad going because if we do the Fakers have no chance.

Last time I checked we has Ron, Scola, Landry, Von & I can guaranty they will not back down from a challenge.

Oh and another thing. All that crap talking Kobe was telling to Shane was a damn shame. Its like the guy picking on the person he knows won't say anything back. That's a bunch of BS. Shane needs to man up and get in Kobe's grill!

8. ringin08

ringin08 Member

The NBA will be known as the WWF pretty soon with the cheap shots, fixed games and preferential treatment.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Yep.

Is there any integrity in professional sports anymore?

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

The league is full of BS. THey let Rondo get away with his dirty plays. Why didn't Hinrich got thrown out the game when he approaches Rondo with his dirty play and when Artest approach Kobe, he get toss?

11. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I thought it was pretty funny. It's like screaming at a rock - all it shows is that despite his trash-talking and patting himself on the back for making tough shots, Battier is in fact inside Kobe's head.

12. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Artest is growing on me!! I hope he keeps his head and realizes that his fans will love him more if he fights back with determination and heart and winning games.

13. ACL1

ACL1 Member

Nah.

remember a few years ago how Doug Christie fouled Kobie by hitting his nose really hard to Kobe's elbow? the league didn't even fine christie. i wish there was a you tube video of that and w could make a thread of all these hits that Kobes elbows and knees are getting. I fell for the guy, how does he not get injured? i mean, skulls, and cheak bones, and noses are hard surfaces that these players hit him with.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Kobe has been doing this for years. He knows he can get away with ANYTHING because he's Stern's love-child, and it's a damn shame. He's a classless punk who loves picking fights with people he knows won't retaliate. The fact that Chris Childs and Doug Christie have both kicked his ass proves how much of a pansy he actually is.

15. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

That is why NBA is business and a big joke

16. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

I thought it was funny too. Seriously, what was his deal last night? He was just came off as a huge prick. He was acting like a 12 year old, and Battier wouldn't even look at him. He made some crazy shots early on, but I still think Battier can defend him.

17. fredred

fredred Member

Towards the end of game two Shane started talking back somewhat, I noticed. He also abandoned the hand to the face technique and went for the ball in the second half.

18. Super Von

Super Von Member

The NBA is a joke when it comes to the Lakers.

19. SeeingRocketRed

Jim Rome is saying that the Lakers "had to do something" and it was "nice to see a Staples Center street fight."

20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Rome also said Fisher was full of it regarding his explanation, and that suspensions are warranted if the letter of the rule book is followed.