1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lamb lies down on Broadway vs The Wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kidcave9, Jun 30, 2013.

Tags:
?

which is greater in your eyes?

1. The Lamb Lies down on Broadway

20.0%
  2. The Wall

80.0%
  1. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

which prog album do ya like more. :cool:

someone post a poll cause i cant

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I love Pink Floyd and a friend of mine suggested Genesis, i knew about Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel as solo acts, but never really paid attention to genesis.

After having listened I don't see anything special. Not bad, just nothing special.

DSOTM and The Wall might be my 2 favorite albums of all time so it's lofty standards to be compared to, and Broadway falls well short IMO.

Despite both being "prog rock" whatever that means, there weren't many similarities. Not to mention Floyd had the GOAT guitarist, not the most talented, but he played the best.

3. Win

Win Contributing Member

The Lamb Lies Down - It's not even close in my book! This was Genesis with Peter Gabriel at there very peak, IMHO. They went on a steady decline thereafter. I really don't even feel that The Wall is even amongst Pink Floyds best work; much less a match for 'The Lamb'.