1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Lakers would trade us EVERYONE on their team, including Kobe Bryant, for Rudy Gay

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, May 15, 2011.

1. what

what Member

There is nothing basketball about that comparison.

I said basketball-wise. Like the players, the style of play, there contract situations. Anything that is similar.

You can't because the teams have nothing in common.

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Your smoking crack. I would most definately trade kevin martin for rudy gay if the trade was accepted.:eek:

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Remind me again what year Rudy Gay made the All-Star team? Isn't Randolph (2010) the only Grizz to make an All-Star team since Pau Gasol left?

How exactly is Memphis going to sign free agents? They are losing money as it is and now they have Randolph's new deal kicking in and they'd like to retain Gasol. All of the speculation that I've seen says that they might end up trading Gay so as to be able to pay Gasol, Randolph and Conley.

4. what

what Member

It's called projection.

An aelliott, why are you messing with a nobody like me. You are a legend on this board. Shouldn't you be negotiating the collective bargaining agreement or something instead of messing with a low-body like me? HAHAHA you like that Low-body.

And you guys think I don't know nothing about this board!

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

you are annoying now bragging to other fans about something, where were you the previous years?

MemphisX is a nice grizzlies fan, he was talking with other posters, in good discussions, but not being delusional, and now, the first time the memphis are good, you dont see him bragging about the grizzlies, and being annoying as you are.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not true! We just think you are suffering from the effects of hysteria due to seeing your team finally make a small mark in the playoffs.

You won't have the same team next year, though, so I wouldn't get carried away with your bragging. Oh, wait -- you already have.

7. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

yeah hard to do on a swollen ankle and possible fractured foot.

8. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

shaq was good, Kobe was better. shaq was lucky he got to dominate the sixers, pacers and the nets for his three titles during the time. you know who were the best players on those teams? Guards in Miller, Kidd, Iverson. Who had to spend the series guarding them? Kobe. Shaq just muscled his way in those series.

In Kobe's performances, who did he have to play towards and guard?
    boston - Garnett/Allen/Rondo/Pierce
    Orlando- Howard/Lewis/turkaglu/nelson/Pietrus.

Kobe not only had to keep up with the offense of his championship teams, but he had to score against some HOF's.

So yeah, even one Kobe is worth a shaq. and you guys think hes done? he's only 32, hes three years younger than pierce and four years younger than allen. He has alot left in the tank, and with rest, practice, training for once in his life thats longer than a month, i guarantee you will lead the league in scoring and have a great PER

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

OMG where did these Kobe huggers came from lol.

Yeah, Kobe dominated the terrific and insanity defense of a rookie Courtney Lee to a title.

10. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

houston is notorious for making bad draft trades

11. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

they made the playoffs a few times after the rings, a couple times with francis, and a couple times with mcgrady. They've won only one series.

the rockets are FAR away from winning a championship. the rockets will be relevant in 2020

12. clippy

clippy Member

Hahah, good one. I wonder if anyone bought your satire. Kobe is done and has never in his career been worth 1/2 Shaq.

13. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

the grizzlies actually could've made it to the finals. depending who came out the East, they had a slight shot at the title. to count them out directly is an insult because there team is young and stacked and move the ball well

14. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

except, if you have some intelligence, you know Kobe scored more from the FT line/in the paint in that series than knocking down 3's. I think he had to play against an Howard Defense. He also doesn't just guard rookie PG's like LEE, he was guarding their best perimeter player, who happens to be physically as big as him.

15. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

I want to print this out and post it and wait till next june.

no player in the last ten years (even Jordan) had to play seasons/playoffs with knee issues (that required surgery) broken fingers on your SHOOTING HAND (kinda important when your a guard and a closer), twisted ankles happening every three weeks.

yet correct me if im wrong, didnt he average over 30pts int he playoffs last year? and instead of relaxing, he had to get surgery on the same knee he was able to win a title with and go for 30?

yeah seems to me shaq in his 12th year was riding Dwyane Wade to a title.

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

wait...there is more then one? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

You really need to stop with these thread titles that are either unfounded or some rumor you heard on a grizz forum.

18. AFS

AFS Member

Doesn't kobe still have a no-trade clause in his contract?

19. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Threads like these have no business being brought up.

20. clippy

clippy Member

Please do bump this next June.

The fingers excuse becomes invalid when it's used every year. Besides, Kobe has admitted he's not getting surgery to fix it so what's done is done. Twisted ankles, LOL. That's part of the game. Kobe is DONE. He may average 20ppg on his usual 45% FG, but so do a dozen swingmen in the league. He no longer demands a double and the team plays better when he's off the floor. Sorry, "legacy" over.

As far as Shaq goes, yes, his prime was shorter than Kobe's but an order of magnitude more dominant. For close to ten years Shaq was the best player in the NBA, demanding doubles and triples on every possession and causing teams to orient their game plans around stopping him. Kobe, conversely, has never ever been the best player in the league.