1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The KoolAid Thread: 2016-2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Garner

Garner Member

If the Warriors have a bad injury year, the Rockets could definitely find themselves in the mix.

Things rarely follow the obvious path, so its worth having a team that can become opportunistic at a moment's notice.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Except this thread is a positive thread in a sea of "f#@K the Rockets" threads. Last year everyone was pretty high on the team. This is not the same. this is not the same Clutchfans.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Indeed, this is not the same ClutchFans. This 2016 version of Clutchfans is the inevitable results of two decades worth of Internet trolling in comment threads and political discussions where one side is right and the other wrong, with no gray areas whatsoever. Consequently, if you're optimistic about our chances this year, you're an idiot who just. doesn't. understand.

Count me among the Kool-Aid drinkers. While I don't think we have very good odds at winning a title this year, I expect us to be in the #3-5 spot in the playoffs with a chance at going pretty deep. And if we do that, we have a tiny shot at taking it all. The Warriors may cruise to a title, but there's also a chance they'll implode as they try to work out the logistics of having yet another superstar to fit into their system. If they stumble even a little out of the gate, there could be ego issues and finger-pointing and it might get ugly.

Why am I so optimistic? Because I see last year as an aberration, not a referendum on our overall talent level. With the distractions (Dwight, the former coaching system) gone, if the new coaches can get this current roster to buy in, I think we'll surprise a lot of people -- including about 80% of the people posting here nowadays.
    <BR>

1 person likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Those things including something call . . .COMPETENT COACHING

which we did not have

I personally hold JB accountable for about 10 losses

Rocket River

5. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

Last I heard everyone starts 0-0 with 82 to play...A LOT can happen in 82 games that CAN'T be predicted. I know everyone likes to say "I called it", for whatever reason? Gives their ego a boost..I guess:confused: I thought this site was Clutch Fans...but it appears to be Clutch "armchair GMs", and quite frankly...a whole bunch of stupid gets thrown around. I enjoy the "unknown", it allows me to be a Fan. Stats can be gathered, opinions are like a holes, and come directly from them at times...The bottom line is, we have a team full of unknowns (health,chemistry,talent potential reached, etc) from the players to the coaches and system. Exciting! But for all you "know it all" glass is half empty types....more Kool-Aid for me!

Pour me a glass :)

Harden is good...you heard it here first!

#66 Rustyrig, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If the Rockets make it to the Second Round this year.
    If they make a decent showing in that round.

Why would they not be an attractive spot for some Big Name Player?

WestBrook + Harden > Curry and Thompson
    IMO

Rocket River

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't wait to see what James Harden looks like when he's playing with guys that knock down shots. We're used to the shots not falling, but it will be fun if Harden and MDA can get guys open and the ball goes in. I know we'll struggle on D but we'll make some noise on nights where the shots go in. We're far from hopeless, but we're also far from the mountain top.

Also, our record without Howard was excellent last year. #NEVERFORGET

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

How many assists would he have recorded last season if the Rockets had knocked down their 3s at a league average? Probably 9 or 10 IMO.

Imagine if they are better than league average this coming season.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Even if next season goes to ****, I take solace in knowing I will be able to enjoy watching one of the best players in the nba for the next 3 seasons, James Harden.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1kjK1ho9i00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lmao I totally forgot about that miserable ass bench though, here's to hoping we have much better chemistry and a happier locker room next year as well.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah it's crazy how he managed to get that many assists when guys were just horrific at shooting the ball, except for Beverley.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't see why the Jazz or Blazers would "clearly" be projected better than us. They could be but on paper we're all in that same group of teams that should make the playoffs but pose no championship threat.

Kool-aid standings:

Warriors
    Spurs
    Clips
    Grizz
    Rockets
    Blazers
    Thunder
    Jazz

4-8 could finish in any order but I doubt Memphis slips lower than 5th and potentially they finish higher than the clips.

12. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Everyone saying the Warriors don't have a bench is crazy...They got David West, Shaun Livingston, & Andre Iguadala coming off the bench. They won't miss Bogut too much with Pachulia as the starting C. If Durant can put his ego aside and just bring his talents to Kerr's system, I don't foresee anyone being able to beat them in a 7 game series.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is the Les mentality.

Just hire D'Antoni and this team will be awesome! He's a real coach!

14. dmoneybangbang

Can you argue against them at least being more watchable?

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You know how old the Spurs are? A 40 year old just retired from the team, but it didn't really swing the average age of the roster very much.