1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "JV Team" strikes again: 70+ dead in Quetta, Pakistan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 8, 2016.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Balochistan has been in the middle of a civil war between Balochs and Pashtuns since Pakistan won independence.

This has more to do with that than islam. This is about two ethnic groups trying to assert control over a piece of land. Quetta has been at the center of violence for ages now as a result. Balochi nationalists have wanted to secede from Pakistan for ages and Pashtuns have fought to prevent that.

Oh and since the Balochis want to secede, the government comes in with its "anti-terror" operations and generally targets the Balochis instead of the Pashtuns in order to clamp down on secessionism.

The whole province is a wreck and the Pakistani government is more concerned with preventing secession instead of promoting security. The end result is never ending violence.

2. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

You know what dude... If anyone could read into your mind, I honestly think that you care more about people bashing Muslims, than the innocent people that they kill every day. Is that true?
    Do you think Trump bashing Muslims is just as evil as these Muslims blowing people up every day? I bet you think it's the same comparison.

2 people like this.
  3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Let's refresh your memory , terrorism sky rocketed after the invasion of Iraq/Afghanistan. Those People you referred to ,who suffer the most are mainly Muslims. The troops that were sent to spreads democracy ,had done more damage in comparison than all terror groups.

[youtube]VAh0G1hW7So[/youtube]

4. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

What about 9/11 the greatest terror attack on America? That was prior to invading.

I love how your liberal ass can even for a second somewhat defend terrorism.
    You're a sick dude.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A) You are incrementing all Muslims for the actions of a few. This is the heart of bias.
    B) So just because I am against people bashing Muslims means I don't care for the victims of terrorism? Since when are things mutually exclusive? Is it not possible to be against both?????

What's your problem. You know nothing about me. If you could read my mind you would know that I used to work on the 92nd floor of the North Tower and lost a lot of friends. So please don't make stupid statements like you are doing now. You don't know anything.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Exiled is not a liberal.
    The world is not black and white.

Going to read this later today:

FRACTURED LANDS: HOW THE ARAB WORLD CAME APART
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-middle-east-arab-spring-fractured-lands.html

This is a story unlike any we have previously published. It is much longer than the typical New York Times Magazine feature story; in print, it occupies an entire issue. The product of some 18 months of reporting, it tells the story of the catastrophe that has fractured the Arab world since the invasion of Iraq 13 years ago, leading to the rise of ISIS and the global refugee crisis. The geography of this catastrophe is broad and its causes are many, but its consequences — war and uncertainty throughout the world — are familiar to us all. Scott Anderson’s story gives the reader a visceral sense of how it all unfolded, through the eyes of six characters in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq and Iraqi Kurdistan. Accompanying Anderson’s text are 10 portfolios by the photographer Paolo Pellegrin, drawn from his extensive travels across the region over the last 14 years, as well as a landmark virtual-reality experience that embeds the viewer with the Iraqi fighting forces during the battle to retake Falluja.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Because you are being contrary for the sake of being contrary. For every view the 'right' holds, you must take the complete opposite with the same intensity. You do not have an opinion of your own. Non-secular Muslims (which is pretty much all 3rd world Muslims) do not like you and your beliefs and disagree with you. If you can find peace with these types, why can you not find peace with your fellow citizens of your country?

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Remember people, Sweet Lou and New Yorker are actually the same poster:

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

India has the 4th highest Muslim population in the world btw. I'll let my entire family over there know they should be hating Sweet Lou and every other American.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yes, what about 9/11? 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. What you gonna do about it? Nothing. So quit running your mouth.

1,600,000,000 Muslims: you're afraid of them all.
    15/19 terrorists = Saudi: you don't do jack ****.

Quit spewing irrational hatred.

11. dmoneybangbang

What about it? Seems like we greatly overreacted and destabilized an entire region because of 9/11, making the US and Europe less safe in the meantime.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

9/11 was one of rare moment in history where the world seemed United to fight terror. However, the way it was poorly handled , it worked to do just the opposite .

Taliban was a government of 50+ years of continues wars, they were't the Swedish government for sure but they had this this request "
    show us the evidence "

" Officials described the U.S. decision to reject Taliban offers as a missed opportunity. Former CIA station chief Milt Bearden told the Post, “We never heard what they were trying to say…. We had no common language. Ours was, ‘Give up bin Laden.’ They were saying, ‘Do something to help us give him up.'” Bearden added, “I have no doubts they wanted to get rid of him. He was a pain in the neck,” but this “never clicked” with U.S. officials.

Michael Malinowski, a State Department official involved in the talks, acknowledged, “I would say, ‘Hey, give up bin Laden,’ and they would say, ‘No…. Show us the evidence'”, a request U.S. officials deemed unreasonable.[3]

According to the BBC, the Taliban later even warned the U.S. that bin Laden was going to launch an attack on American soil. Former Taliban foreign minister Wakil Ahmad Muttawakil said his warnings, issued because of concerns that the U.S. would react by waging war against Afghanistan, had been ignored. A U.S. official did not deny that such warnings were issued, but told BBC rather that it was dismissed because “We were hearing a lot of that kind of stuff”.[4]

Indeed, underscoring Muttawakil’s stated reasons for having delivered the threat warning to the U.S., a State Department document from June 2001 obtained by INTELWIRE.com[5] showed that the U.S. had warned the Taliban “that they will be held directly responsible for any loss of life that occurs from terrorist actions related to terrorists who have trained in Afghanistan or use Afghanistan as a base of planning operations.”[6] The Taliban ambassador to Pakistan Abdul Salam Zaeef responded that “the Taliban do not see Americans as their enemies and that there are no threats to Americans coming from the Taliban. Nontheless, said Zaeef, ‘We will do our best to follow up and stop’ any threat.” With regard to bin Laden, “Zaeef emphasized that the Taliban’s relationship with UBL [Usama/Osama bin Laden] and others is based not on enmity against the United States, but on ‘culture.'”[7]

Rejecting the Taliban offers to have bin Laden handed over, the U.S. instead pursued a policy of regime change well prior to the 9/11 attacks. Jane’s Information Group reported in March 2001 that “India is believed to have joined Russia, the USA and Iran in a concerted front against Afghanistan’s Taliban regime”, which included support for Afghanistan’s Northern Alliance, including “information and logistic support” from Washington.[8] Former Pakistani Foreign Secretary Niaz Naik told the BBC that he had been told by senior U.S. officials in July 2001 at a U.N.-sponsored summit in Berlin that military action would be taken against the Taliban by the middle of October. Preparations had already been coordinated with Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Russia. Naik also “said it was doubtful that Washington would drop its plan even if Bin Laden were to be surrendered immediately by the Taleban.”

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So most of the people who died were Muslims. If Muslims are evil then shouldn't Muslims dying be good?

1 person likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The difference between you and me (there's a lot actually) is that I don't think that people who disagree with me or don't like my beliefs are deserving of hate.

I don't hate the guy for attacking me, I just think of him as ignorant. What do I think of Muslims who think I am an infidel? I think they are ignorant, just like you. That doesn't mean you can bomb them and kill them. It doesn't mean that I am saying terrorism is ok either! That's just stupid.

My views have nothing to do with the right or the left. They have to do with basic idea of equality and justice - my American values. Sorry if you disagree with that.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

actually, I am , but my campaign manager wanted me to play the conservative cards, easy vote and such

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Come on, man: if one Muslim kills 70+ Muslims, obviously that proves all Muslims are murderers. Be afraid. Be very afraid. (I bought a night light with a crucifix on it.)

17. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

So how many people have Muslims killed in terrorist attacks this year?

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why don't you find out for yourself, if you really care.
    Look up how many people we (the United States) have killed this year while you're at it.

19. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

The comment I was replying to insisted that terrorists attacks increased when we invading. All I was pointing out is 9/11 happened prior to any invading during that timeframe.

Saudi ? What's your point? They were still all Muslim murders that tried to destroy America.
    100% of the 19 Muslim! Go figure... Old news... The continue to kill people ever day in larger numbers.

You would support radical Muslims before supporting the republicans. I just know it.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well, you're pretty dumb then.
    Did you finish your research assignment? Oh, didn't really actually care, right?