1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The jet doesn't approve of rocket moves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Aug 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. basketballholic

Hmmmmmm, Jet is a Terrence love. Wonder which poster he is? Everybody watch for one of the Jet/Terrence posters to drop off posting here. Any guesses? I've got my suspicions.

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

what did terry even say?

like he just said "morey made bad moves" but why were they bad? didnt give any reasons.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Absolutely agree. Spoken by a true NBA champion. The Rockets made a lot of bad moves that made them look desperate. They are still making the same type of moves and will probably end up with the same results. Insanity I tell ya.

4. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Clearly, he doesnt know or watch basketball. Every move the Rockets make is absolute gold.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There is a reason why he bouncing from team to team every season.
    Dude is a chucker and only cares about his stats.

I finally thought he figured it out, but then at some point in the season it clicked that the Rockets weren't true contenders and he just started chucking away mindlessly; not playing within the team.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/278586917&amp;color=ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false"></iframe>

7. hakeemthagreat

Basketball is basketball. He played well and actually won us a few games last season. The guy was the only player besides Harden that could get his own shot. There was absolutely no reason to give him PT last year. It was a dumb move trading him

8. Fantasma Negro

Yes Jason, you are the trash that Morey threw away.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

corey brewer won the rockets a few games last season, does that negate everything bad about him. no.

Theres absolutely nothing about thornton that should be stressed about being missed.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ryno and Ego take up a max player slot for 4 years.

I hope they're good!

11. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Butthurt that Prigioni took his place instead?

12. hakeemthagreat

Corey Brewer lost us a few games too. Give me a game Thornton cost us? People's memory here is short term. The team needed another scorer & MT was difference maker while here. I don't care about his tenure anywhere else. He played great here but management foolishly got rid of him

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't matter if he costs us or won hou whatever games u think. thats not the point here. he wasn't great here by any means and isn't someone that is missed. the team didn't really need so much a scorer rather than more defense definitely and added versatility offensively. Thornton does one thing and thats chuck up shots. see ya. great move

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Imma need a source regarding that comment about Brewer. Lmao

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol its funny but can't lie his game against phx and the miracle half court shot can't really be disputed.

16. rockets13champs

Dwight, Jones, Terry and Lawson are all Trash.... They dont fit our system.

17. hakeemthagreat

You CLEARLY did not watch the Rockets last year then. Because the guy was instant offense. Every time he got consistent PT he played pretty good. Instant offense.The team NEEDED someone besides James that could put up points and that's exactly what he did in the very little PT we gave him. You're saying he wasn't missed but I would have to differ. He was brought here to score yet you're criticizing him for scoring? Perfect logic:rolleyes:

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

i love how when someone disagrees with a player perspective and what they did for the team in reality its automatically "you clearly didn't watch games" gtfoh with that. its just plain stupid when you have no idea. If you're easily impressed by someone like Thornton you're player IQ isn't someone I would take seriously on any given day.

But you "CLEARLY" missed the whole point. Aside from defensive once again, the rockets needed versatility on the offensive end not some undersized guard who loves to chuck and can't play defense. There's a huge difference there but using your stance you "CLEARLY" dont understand that

19. hakeemthagreat

But you didn't. Your assessment of MT can't be based off how he played last year. You're basically taking opinions of him from his tenure w/ different teams and applying it to us, which is laziness at it's finest. I watched all the games so I can tell you there was a point MT was our 2nd best player behind Harden. He was instant offense, and when he didnt get PT not only the fans but even the announcers questioned it. But you wouldn't know that

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh please. i guess 40 games of MT for you is the first time you seen him play ever.

the way he played last year isn't any different than what he did on any other teams. that's why he sees new teams year after year. Undersized guard who has never seen a shot he didn't like. Questionable attitude. can't create. not great defensively. But Thornton impresses you apparently and Yet you're the one trying to my yourself sound like the knowledgeable one while being in awe of such an insignificant player. Interesting