1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wrong thread....

DD

xaos likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I certainly hope so but that’s still lofty aspirations

3. alethios

alethios Member

He's progressing nicely, but damn I wish he had a real PG in the backcourt.

Dobbizzle, Mathloom, jayydela and 3 others like this.
  4. csc177

csc177 Member

I was super excited when we drafted JG. Number #2 pick, more often than not, gives you a guy to build around, and if lucky, an eventual star.

During the draft, I compared JG to Ja in that they are both undersized, skinny big leapers. I went down a rabbit hole (see link) watching Ja’s rookie highlights and immediately thought to myself like “damn I don’t get this feeling when I watch JG play.”

I know Ja runs point and has the ball in his hands more, but do you guys think JG has that mentality JA has to simply take over games to the point he also grabs ROY? Maybe things will open up for him after the deadline. But as of right now I don’t see it.

DaDakota, xaos, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I wish but I don’t see it unfortunately

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, imagine making yourself a fan of something then obsessing over its negatives. That's psychological self harm, thank god we're clear of that.

More importantly, thank god nothing bad can happen by being optimistic about a basketball player on whom we have no effect whatsoever when we dream together here.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dream you can do alone but if you drag that dream around discussing with others, it is on you, take a shower and a dose of reality once in a while.

I prefer dreaming when that player is actually a 25 ppg and 6 player already.

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

Hahaha I don't know man. Bad ju-ju and jinxes are for realz. :):)

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U type all that reasonable stuff earlier and then u state this. Really not that much different than Green fans. They hype up green to b the next hof Jordan/byrant. And u do it for Mobley.

We have Mobley folks sht on green fans for hoping he becomes the next Jordan/byrant. I asked if that ever b tru we all benefit in the end but we have so much anger over a rookie and completely bias criticism

Tbh folks that projects rookies to b hall of famers r kinda delusional. I'm in no place to judge, but at least I take consolation that I'm doing it for a rocket rookie.

#1630 DatRocketFan, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. NewAge

NewAge Member

bro, leave @Mathloom alone, unlike the other cult-members he’s not being belligerent towards the realists, he’s not vilifying them as some reactionary "Enemies of the People" for their takes. He’s just a peaceful guy living his dream. And you know, dreams come true sometimes. Ability to dream is what makes us human. Dream On @Mathloom !

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOLLLL

I live for logging on and then reading that original bullies and antagonists have victimized themselves into saying they are the realists and are being attacked? Did I read that right?

woooo. that was a good one. I might not even need coffee today that gave me such a buzz.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude has been here for a while, lelz.

He has not always been that way, it is probably because FernTits took over and snuffed out many hopes fans had.

Would love him to pop me some of the stuff he had been doing and get high on Cloud Nine.

Appreciate the effort. Such is life. We counter-balance each other constantly.

The Rockets would survive any player! Go team!

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

woah, let’s not take it out on the coffee! Everyone can use a cup o Joe!

DD

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

That's an interesting statistic. Of course, we can't say for certain that his points per touch would stay the same if he had more touches, but it would certainly suggest that his PPG would take some kind of increase. I wonder if the coaches/FO look at those kinds of stats? I know we used to be stat obsessed in the Morey years, but not sure about these days.

harold bingo likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Folks should let the trade deadline pass and chill.

Rebuilding is not for the faint of hearts, it is going to be a long, weary process.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Laughable when rooting for your rocket rookie over a rookie on an entirely different team is considered cult-like by some folks

fchowd0311 and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You gotta remember there are a lot of Cavs fans on the forum these days.

DatRocketFan and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Rooting is fine, the problems begin when that support for the struggling player becomes delusional and it causes the cultists to lash out at basically everyone and everything else looking to make excuses those struggles.

We all hope that Green will develop one day..... that development isn't sped up by ridiculous toxicity or excuses.