1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Sucks that he only had 2 attempts in the forth and hardly touch the ball. But I'll take that win!

Reeko, jcmoon, TheRealist137 and 9 others like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

green had a very good game today

was very active , used his speed , and wasnt a liability on D

tehG l i d e likes this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

I was wondering why this thread had so many new pages. Sheesh.

Anyways, and he needs to add a floater like Ja Morant, Steph, Kyrie, Trae, Harden, etc. He has no floater game at all. Those offensive fouls go way down and he becomes so much more deadly just adding that shot alone.

OkayAyeReloaded and bcast89 like this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I have no doubt he can learn one. He has definitely showcased the desire and work ethic to improve and if he can add something new each offseason like Harden did, we might be in for a heck of a ride. He's still so young and raw though and I for one can't wait to see how his journey goes.

clos4life, Dobbizzle and vator like this.
  5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

It's so weird because that 30 point game he had against the Celtic he had a floater then we never saw it again.

6. vator

When you look at all the things he’s already capable of doing right now as a raw player and see all the attainable and realistic things he can do to get better it’s kind of exciting. Jalen Green may end up being very scary.

He’s going to get bigger and stronger, he’s going to get more confident, he’s going to learn how to play with more pace and poise with experience, and then there are the things he can work on and refine through practice and hard work such as adding that floater, continuing to refine his shot, working on his handles, and becoming more adept in the pick and roll.

Just getting bigger and stronger is going help him be stronger when handling the ball alone. In turn, being a better ball handler is going to help him be a better playmaker. He is nowhere near his upside and is starting to consistently drop 20.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

He had some fantastic driving layups tonight like superstar level quickness and finish.

He’s right on schedule for my expectations. Getting 20 a night on great efficiency and making defensive mistakes and turnovers here and there.

The game looks like it is slowing down a bit for him and he appears more confident. Helps there was no Embiid or Myles Turner in the paint either.

He will be in the conversation for ROY by the end no doubt.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I liked the 6 rebounds from Jalen. I need him to get 6 rebounds every game just so he can be the one to initiate offense instead of Wood and KPJ. We got to see a lot of good stuff from Jalen going down hill. Silas needs to run more stuff like that instead of those garbage KPJ ISO's that go nowhere

Jalen's defense is so bad though. Im praying he can be better on defense. hopefully Lucas can teach him stuff.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Imagine if he wore #4 instead #0!

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Man I was critical of JG early for playing passive and taking too many jumpers, but it’s clicked in his brain that no one can stop him from getting to the basket . I love it. He’ll figure the defensive end out too but it will take a minute. Added strength will add more confidence and he’ll better on both ends. But the young man is improving by the game.

DreamShook likes this.
  11. vator

Can’t argue with the results, but KPJ was 2-12 with 6 points here. Jalen Green was wide open. Why would you not make that pass? I’m serious. Like I said, it ended up working out, but I have to question the decision. JVG used to say something along the lines that you can’t ignore the mistakes you make in wins that you wouldn’t ignore after losses.

Edit: And by the way KPJ’s step back 3 point percentage is horrendous. JG catch and shoot 3 is a much better play.

#851 vator, Jan 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I’m sure next year he will get his number

matchesmalone and Dobbizzle like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Too bad they don't have Sophomore of the Year award. :D

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am pretty sure that's how the play was called in the timeout. KPJ isn't savvy enough to change the play on the spot even though it might have been the right decision as it developed.

vator likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I had similar thoughts, but as other pointed out he milked the clock completely and got the shot on time.

vator likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, there were multiple times Jalen would just be sitting there open and KPJ would just force some shot. It's annoying. KPJ might turn into a great player for the Rockets, but right now I find his game annoying, erratic and dumb. Even when he is scoring buckets of points it frustrates me.

There are so many possessions in a game, pass the ball, you will get yours.

what I find weird is the people that HATED James Harden seem to fight the hardest for KPJ. KPJ is trying his best Harden impression without the gravity that gets people wide open shots.

KPJ wouldn't frustrate me that much if Rockets were prioritizing Jalen's development.

I cant believe KPJ had 8 asts, they dont feel impactful.

onreego and vator like this.
  17. vator

If the play was to Iso a guy with 6 points on 12 shots and have him take a step back 3 pointer which is something he shoots below 30% on for the season, I have to strongly question that decision. Looks to me like a guy that decided he was going to take the game winner no matter how the play developed. Maybe he passes it if they double him and he has no choice, but there was no way they were going to leave JG in order to double him. Especially with him struggling offensively all night.

Easy likes this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nah it was the right play, I feel like you should never make that pass in that situation unless you are doubled. Those passes can be deflected, it could be a bad pass and Green wouldn't be in rhythm to shoot.

KPJ had the mis match and took a balanced shot and made it.

harold bingo likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Rockets are probably the worst defensive team in the NBA over the last few weeks - it's great how every time he scores over 20 points - a huge number of BBS chime in to say how they have been paying very close attention to Jalen Green's .... defense for whatever reason.

vator and JayGoogle like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I want Jalen and all the rookies to be amazing players for the Rockets so they can have a dynasty grown through the draft like GSW. So what if the Rockets are bad at defense, I want Green to be good at defense and offense.

I haven't been playing close attention to Jalen's defense anyway, Ive been crying more about Green getting the ball more. I just know he was getting ate up every time I looked up by Neto.

we talk about JC's defense all the time too.

I'm invested in rookie development.